Vampire: Bloodlines.

Darque

given that this thread shouldn't be looked at by anyone under the age of eighteen (hey even the WEBSITE has an age doodad) and most of us are fairly adult (I hope) I'm gonna post the greatest line in the ENTIRE game here.

Hey, how do you turn on subtitles like that?

I always turn on subtitles if I have an option. Save a lot of time.

Also, I'm thinking of playing as a mage the next time around. That could be cool. Now, if I could just get my buddy to return my game. :Eldar's looking at Ghengisken with one raised eyebrow icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

He's actually my brother in law and I'd hate to make my sister a widow. He was having a blast with it as well, and he's not an FPS fan at all.

I disagree with the notion that we should play combat as a straight shooter. The hits and damage should all be reflected by weapon type and stats. Otherwise, it weakens the very concept of stats in the first place. On the other hand, combat is kind of weak in the game. Still, it's a great game.

I'd be willing to buy another White Wolf game. The setting is wonderful and there's a lot of opportunity for game design.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Day 5 :)

Took care of Chinatown :)

I'm kinda surprised it's more or less all combat >_<

Though the "vampire test" thing was kinda fun :)

Right now I'm just tying up loose ends.. getting ready for the Giovanni :ph34r:

It does seem to taper down into a singular path after a while.

It's still a lot of fun though :)

I really like this game, and I wish I'd upgraded my comp a long time ago for it :)

But did I listen? Nooooooooooo >_<

I really did enjoy it as well. I believe I got it for Christmas a month after it came out.

Since I had already upgraded my computer (Half-Life fanboy!), no problems playing it >_<

I loved the soundtracks from the Santa Monica and Hollywood bars.

Edited by alanschu

The soundtrack is FAN-tastic >_<

And so nice of them to put the MP3s into their own folder. :)

I wish Troika was still around, and that WW hadn't killed the setting, I'd love a sequel... or three :)

Oh, fine, don't answer my questions. That's nice of you guys. No really, I can take it. I'm fine. Just sitting here, waiting for a response, bored and heart broken. But I'm fine, really...

:'(

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Giovanni is fun.

:(

I never could play those 3 people against each other though... :">

Although you can make quite a lot of progress through stealth and diplomacy skills in the mansion.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Day 5 :(

Took care of Chinatown :)

How did you like your Sushi demon ? :)

I had to reload my game there, the first time I played, as I was so busy laughing at the entire notion that I bungled the combat and lost...

Which one (or none) of the two old hitmen did you side with ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Giovanni is fun.

:(

I never could play those 3 people against each other though... :">

Although you can make quite a lot of progress through stealth and diplomacy skills in the mansion.

You need really high social skills to be able to really do anything with the 3 people.

The soundtrack is FAN-tastic :(

Exactly.

I wish Troika was still around, and that WW hadn't killed the setting, I'd love a sequel... or three :)

WW may have canned V:The Masquerade but it lives on in V: The Requiem. I get the impression that things got too cluttered and they wanted to simplify things. I flipped through some of their game books and the flavour is very rich. As such I don't think another Vampire game would be poor at all.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I can't stand Requiem <_<

I've looked it over, looks more like a watered down version of Masquerade to me. <_<

I think they should have just started over from square one, resetting the original setting and then distilling the better parts into a v2 WOD.... this new version seems like a copout for some reason. <_<

The soundtrack is FAN-tastic :)

I wish Troika was still around, and that WW hadn't killed the setting, I'd love a sequel... or three :lol:

Bloodlines has the best game soundtrack in any game that I have played. Good thing they put all of the music and sounds into MP3s for our playing pleasure.

I wish Troika was around so they could fix the bug problems.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The soundtrack is FAN-tastic :)

I wish Troika was still around, and that WW hadn't killed the setting, I'd love a sequel... or three :lol:

Bloodlines has the best game soundtrack in any game that I have played. Good thing they put all of the music and sounds into MP3s for our playing pleasure.

I wish Troika was around so they could fix the bug problems.

I placed a shortcut on my desktop to the mp3s.

Isolated <-- Rocks

The soundtrack matches the game perfectly.