Vampire: Bloodlines.

Darque

The ending, well not the ending really, but a part of the last third of the game is a bit on the tedious and uninspiring side... sadly enough.

Still, I suspect I'm not the only one who found the game fun enough to complete more than once, just to see some of the different endings :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

:p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I liked the Anarch ending. Sorta anticlimactic, to me at least, but cool all the same. :p

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Whew :)

Day 4 part 2 :) Spoilerific :)

Did waaaaaaaaaay too much today, so I'll just give the highlights :)

Museum stealth mission = suck! :(

Cemetary full of zombies = win! :)

Mansion of creepy creatures = yikes :p

Sewer Dungeon Crawl = actually fun :)

Going pretty fast. You doing all of the side quests? The Cemetary was pretty neat. If you are a female you could get it on with the groundskeeper.

Now I'm heading to chinatown :)

As a side note: My humanity keeps getting in the way :wacko: couldn't bring myself to kill an 'old friend' who recognized me, or the creepy dude on the beach :wacko:

I could not kill her either. Damn conscience. I killed that guy on the beach though, betrayers.

One thing about this game I like is the "feeling" it has... at first it's like "oh crap I died and I'm now a vampire what the hell do I do now :wacko: " to the slow realization you are a vamp, to comfortably sinking into the role :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Going pretty fast. You doing all of the side quests? The Cemetary was pretty neat. If you are a female you could get it on with the groundskeeper.

I'm doing all that I've found :)

And it's not like the sidequests are hard, go next door, kill that, come back. :)

Ivan, Boris, Sewer Guide, Gargoyle, Cemetary, Patty, Screen Writer. Quick and easy little sidequests.

I mean the game (for me so far) is either a stealth mission... which means turning on celerity and running past everything... or a combat mission... which means turning on celerity and killing everything :wacko:

But... to be honest... I did spend a lot of time on it yesterday o:)

Didn't have anything else to do, so I kinda spent the day playing. :ph34r:

I thought it was a riot :lol:

I can't wait to do one with the Hammer ^_^

As a side note: I've found you can actually change your character model to someone else... while I won't do it for the first few playthroughs, it'd be something to add some fun later on :D

Stealth kills that I have done.

Knife- slits their throat

Katana- impales them through the chest

Axe- Knocks them through the walls. At least in Grouts mansion. Should have been a decapitation.

Severed arm- choke kill

Bat- choke kill I think

2010spaceships.jpg

Creepy.  :ph34r:

I've noticed that all of the conversation files are in there too... should make for some interesting listening after I beat the game.  :ph34r:

Too bad it's not longer. I could listen to that endlessly. That ambient music is used in the Nosferatu warrens.

2010spaceships.jpg

I am playing another round of VTM:B. :(

Since KotOR 2 and VTM:B were released three months apart, I feel kind of saddened that VTM:B's release wasn't on a high note.

I think VTM:B could have given KotOR 2 a run for its money. :p

They both rock! :thumbsup:

Did anyone happen to notice that KotOR I's Julanee's voice over actor was used for the psychic on the Beach?

Edited by DarthMethos

I thought it was a riot :(

As a side note: I've found you can actually change your character model to someone else... while I won't do it for the first few playthroughs, it'd be something to add some fun later on :D

I question, HOW!?

Stealth kills that I have done.

Knife- slits their throat

Katana- impales them through the chest

Axe- Knocks them through the walls. At least in Grouts mansion. Should have been a decapitation.

Severed arm- choke kill

Bat- choke kill I think

the bat is literally batters up. You club them in the head and hear the sound of a crowd cheering.

I loved my toreador responce to nines "Join me" lecture, "But if you guys were in charge, Who would fund the arts? WWE for EVERYONE!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I loved my toreador responce to nines "Join me" lecture, "But if you guys were in charge, Who would fund the arts? WWE for EVERYONE!"

Oh? I must have missed that. I usually play as a Toreador. I will have to do the join me dialogue option next time I play a new game.

2010spaceships.jpg

well it's really if your nice about the cammarila, basically if you toss out that line you ruin your anarch chances.

So are the Cammy and fourth faction Darque doesn't know about yet at her current position endings, worth another play through or two? And the Tremere thingy...quest...thing......is that worth another go?

I finished it as a Male Gangrel (War Form+Potence FTW!) Anarch and am currently in Downtown as a Cammy Malk.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I thought it was a riot :ermm:

I question, HOW!?

By changing the path for the character model in one of the files, saw it on Planet Vampire's forum... I'll see if I can find it again.

Once I get all the Roleplaying out of this game, I'll probably play around with it... I think it'd be cool to run around and kick butt as Damsel. Commie Vamp FTW! :)

given that this thread shouldn't be looked at by anyone under the age of eighteen (hey even the WEBSITE has an age doodad) and most of us are fairly adult (I hope) I'm gonna post the greatest line in the ENTIRE game here.

post-13853-1150342083_thumb.jpg

It's different when it's in first-person...like if you see your weapon hit, it should be a hit. It doesn't bother me in 2-D games but with a game like Bloodlines, where you've got a ****load of enemies around, you don't want to be pissing about watching your gun miss from point-blank range.

I don't understand that, why is it different from a first-person perspective than from isometric or third person?

The amount of damage you do is determined by your character's skill as well, along with whether or not you even hit. That's no different than any other RPG, regardless of perspective. People skilled at FPS - like me and several other million people, would roll through the game with ease regardless of character builds if aim was all that determined a hit or not.

Think of it this way: if you were shooting at someone in real life, and thought you were aiming in the general vicinity of them, but had never fired a gun, you could still very well miss, or just barely clip them, doing little damage - especially to a friggin vampire with a .38 special. Your arms and hands might not be very steady, your ability to lead a target, and your breathing inappropriate, etc. Once you start bringing semi-automatic and automatic weapons into the equation, experience and skill become even more of a factor.

That's why not everyone who picks up a rifle in the military is automatically ready to be a sniper. Nor is every Tom, ****, and Harry ready to be a samurai because they handled a sword once.

Now, if you guys who were put off by the game's system just hate RPGs and prefer action games, I could understand, otherwise, I don't get the complaints. I like FPS and I like RPGs...a combination of the two can be even better.

Edited by StillLife