Age of Decadence

man sombody needs to have a black company game... not just myth but actual black company.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Graphics suck... forget that game!

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I never knew I was a graphics whore until I saw this:

3.jpg

You discover something new about yourself every day.. :luck:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I happen to think it looks pretty good considering that they don't have the budget of Oblivion... compared to other indie RPGs it's actually close to the top graphics wise IMO..

What do you want?.. blink.gif

Low-tech graphics are fine if they have style. Right now menus have style but lack polish, and as for those pseudo-Roman generics on the field... Gwarb?

I wonder how hard it would be to implement lightmaps on those textures? I mean, the thing that disturbs me the most about the graphics (which aren't really that bad) is that everything but characters lack shadowing and lighting. It wouldn't have to be realtime, just pre-calculated lights and shadows.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I wonder how hard it would be to implement lightmaps on those textures? I mean, the thing that disturbs me the most about the graphics (which aren't really that bad) is that everything but characters lack shadowing and lighting. It wouldn't have to be realtime, just pre-calculated lights and shadows.

All you actually need to do is to open the scene in 3ds MAX, set a few lights then open the UV texture editor and use "render to texture" and it will make you a new texture file with the shadows and lights added to the texture :thumbsup: You can even just go with the default lighting. It can be done in 2 minutes. With this technique, you dont need a separate lightmap to add on top of your basic texture.

But that wont work if you use the same 512x512pixel PNG picture of a wood wall to texture all the wood walls, every object needs its own separate texture

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I took the time to make a doodle to show more clearly

BakingTextures.jpg

although maybe its the guys making the game that I should send this to.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, lighting would be phenomenal. IE engines looked as good as they did because of the meticulous lighting. It's just one of those things that makes immersion and style go up in oodles.

Baked lights are fun to play with and it looks really good, You can do mostly anything with it.

HouseRender.jpg

The graphics aren't going to win awards; but at least they don't make me puke ala a certain other overrated game graphically.

This game looks to have most of what I'd want in a game. :wub:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't mind the graphics... its the UI that doesn't thrill me.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The graphics aren't going to win awards; but at least they don't make me puke ala a certain other overrated game graphically.

This game looks to have most of what I'd want in a game. :ermm:

What game would that be, Volo? :))

And apparently, I too, am a graphics whore.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

• 2 weeks later...

New interview at NMA.

Ratty: Another interesting and novel skill is Disguise. How does it work, exactly?

Vince: It's a combination of looking like someone else (wearing certain clothes or displaying a certain ring) and knowing what to say (researching the background of such a person).

Let's say that you need to pass through a guarded gate. You chat with the guard and with the townsfolk, and if you have proper skills you may learn that a courier from another town is expected. Asking further and collecting gossips, you may find out more about the town the courier is from (if you haven't been there yet), about the reasons for the visit, about the faction he represents, etc. Then you make yourself look like a courier on an important business and boldly go in, weaving a web of bull**** and confusion. While you will use Persuasion and Charisma to collect the info, you will rely on Disguise to put it all together and act like someone else in a convincing manner, without sweating and giving anyone a reason to suspect you.

• 2 years later...
Back to the topic: is there anyone who disagrees with the absolute fact that this is going to be the bet RPG ever?

Yep. It will be mediocre at best. Drakensang will probably be better then it.

I never knew I was a graphics whore until I saw this:

3.jpg

You discover something new about yourself every day.. ;)

:lol::x

And people complained about NWN 2 and DA:O graphics.....

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

You guys don't know what you're talking about, these are very old graphics, the new ones are much better, and art design is great. Go look at the website. Edit: Here's an example post-23820-1244741711_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan