What are you playing now...

Darque

Wow, that sucks, Jags. How the hell did you manage that?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Hitman - Blood Money

Having a barcode tatooed in the back on your head never looked so killer.

Okay, you can ban me now.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Wow, that sucks, Jags. How the hell did you manage that?

Extorting people, then killing more people and stealing their ph4t l00t, you know - the useal piratey things.

Actually, I think it may have somthing to do with that

secret dominator program I picked up from a pirate base. I guess it allowed me to upload my brain into the dominator mainframe or something

. That and flirting with betrayal with an enemy boss is a recipe for disastor. You know, at that ponint in my game the Coalition had a majority control of the galaxy, so I figured 'what the hell'. Totally didn't factor in the pirates...and the whole operation not working out thing. :lol:

manthing2.jpg

I just played through the demo for Shadowgrounds (thanks for pointing that out Steam!). It was actually quite a bit of fun. I got excited when I saw coop, but it seems as though it's single computer only, not over a network/internet :lol:

I was parusing the demo list at fileplanet, and check out option #2 :D

http://www.fileplanet.com/new50.aspx?s=174&v=90001

EDIT: Awesome, check out #47 if you want to play the sequel to one of the greatest strategy games of all time!

Edited by alanschu

I just played through the demo for Shadowgrounds (thanks for pointing that out Steam!).  It was actually quite a bit of fun.  I got excited when I saw coop, but it seems as though it's single computer only, not over a network/internet :lol:

I was parusing the demo list at fileplanet, and check out option #2  :D

http://www.fileplanet.com/new50.aspx?s=174&v=90001

Yeah, the Shadowgrounds was pretty fun, but I wouldn't think about buying it. I was already kind of getting bored of it before even finishing.

And stupid BG2. I remember getting that on dial-up.

*hugs broadband*

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I've been playing fear, reloading only when I start the game or after I die. I'm in the "Watchers" area. I've only died twice, and one of those deaths was due to a grenade. I'm only on hard level, figuring the hardest level will have to wait until I'm done again. Actually, I'm not going out of my way for bragging rights, so I might just stop at hard. God, it looks beautiful. I haven't figured out how to take screenshots, otherwise I'd post one. I'll look into it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

For some reason, my computer sometimes acts all wonkie after I exit FEAR. It acted the same way when I minimized City of Heroes. Just one more thing to make me worried. I don't know why it's doing that, but I'll go look at the event viewer after I post this.

Anyhow, FEAR:

post-787-1148712932_thumb.jpg

post-787-1148712947_thumb.jpg

EDIT: In trying to get my sound to work, I disabled a lot of the motherboard's onboard gizmos, ports and such. I went back and enabled them, since the sound works fine, and I am able to switch back and forth without problem. The big deal was the parallel port, of all things. At least the event viewer came in handy for something.

EDIT AGAIN: Now that I've fixed the Parallel port, I've got no problems. I mean, this is awesome. Also, I can take screenshots paste them. I was running City of Heroes, FEAR, This browser, and paint at the same time without a single glitch. Man, am I relieved.

Edited by Eldar

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well, browsers and paint aren't exactly monster memory hogs to run in the background :)

It is nice to pretty much instaswitch when alt-tabbing though :(

As for games I'm playing...I just played through Sin: Emergence. Which had me admiring the Source Engine...so I played some Shadowgrounds (and speaking of Shadows, they do an excellent job!). When I finished off the action romp that was that demo, I started playing HL2 while I reinstalled Space Rangers 2. Got to Ravenholm, and said "screw it, it's too damn dark out and I'm too much of a pansy to play that at the moment, let's see if SR2 is done."

An Ibero-Massilian army led by Armenian warlords just landed on African soil.

:cool:

Also, tried the demos for Lost Planet and Condemned. First one was a bit slow and lack of saving option pretty much killed it for me. Was fun and beatiful though. Second demo was so-so. Although it looked glorious, the fighting was itchy and "visions" rather crappy. I liked the "bang"-part. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds