NY Times article on LucasArts

funcroc

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/17/technolo...+TDHV5OTuyQAMHw

And he is openly critical of Electronic Arts, a competitor, for not being able to deliver its Godfather video game to consumers on time. "It is absolutely a sin," he proclaimed.

(Jeff Brown, a spokesman for Electronic Arts, said, "Delaying the Godfather wasn't an easy decision, but getting it right was crucial to the future of the franchise.")

Their excitement was palpable on a recent afternoon, when Mr. Ward, Mr. Hirschmann and Haden Blackman, the project leader of a forthcoming "Star Wars" game, reviewed all of the company's recent projects. Mr. Blackman outlined a new storyline that delved deeper into Darth Vader's history.

Let's get out the obvious.

Bioware is developing a Star Wars MMORPG. Obsidian are working on KoTOR 3. You can all rest easy now. Bye!

Ok, I'll take your word for it. :rolleyes:

Of course, if you're wrong, I'll be forced to hunt you down via Frappr and...express my displeasure....violently. >_<

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

PNJ = not K3

PG = published by Sega

Thats three teams with NWN2, to the best of our knowledge, thats all they have. I suppose it could be lined up for post-NWN2 or even in very light preproduction, but based on recent Feargus comments, not so sure.

PNJ = not K3

PG = published by Sega

Thats three teams with NWN2, to the best of our knowledge, thats all they have. I suppose it could be lined up for post-NWN2 or even in very light preproduction, but based on recent Feargus comments, not so sure.

And

PNJ = not for PC

PG = PC and console (PS3?)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

And he is openly critical of Electronic Arts, a competitor, for not being able to deliver its Godfather video game to consumers on time. "It is absolutely a sin," he proclaimed.

Right. :wub: As seen with KOTOR2, releasing a game unfinished is much better! :thumbsup:

Edited by Fighter

"And he is openly critical of Electronic Arts, a competitor, for not being able to deliver its Godfather video game to consumers on time. "It is absolutely a sin," he proclaimed."

Oh,please. A sin? Talk about nonsenical hyperbole. Games being delayed occurs all the time. It's not a sin; it's part of gaming life. He should get over himself. He's also very hypocritical as I doubt all LA games come out always when scheduled either. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"And he is openly critical of Electronic Arts, a competitor, for not being able to deliver its Godfather video game to consumers on time. "It is absolutely a sin," he proclaimed."

Oh,please. A sin? Talk about nonsenical hyperbole. Games being delayed occurs all the time. It's not a sin; it's part of gaming life. He should get over himself. He's also very hypocritical as I doubt all LA games come out always when scheduled either. :thumbsup:

From a fan's point of view, you're right. But from a marketing point of view, a delay from November to March (a guess) means there will be a huge hit in sales.

"From a fan's point of view, you're right. But from a marketing point of view, a delay from November to March (a guess) means there will be a huge hit in sales."

Doubtful. Games are delayed all the time. NWN was delayed multipel times, and it sure didn't hurt it's hype or its sales... unles you are syaing it would have sold 4 million + copies if it wans't delayed.

R00fles!

Customers will buy what game(s) they want when they come out. I don't of anyone who said to themselves:"I won't buy x game because it was delayed'.

LOL

And, if such a person exists, they're even more pathetic than us 'normal' geekazoids.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Delaying a game past the Christmas season is uncommon, and only done in rarer circumstances. Nothing doubtful about it.

Customers will buy what game(s) they want when they come out. I don't of anyone who said to themselves:"I won't buy x game because it was delayed'.

It's not surprising that the Christmas season is the time period where retail sales are at its highest.

Edited by alanschu

I rather have a delayed game that works than a on time game that doesn't.

The same holds true for condoms.

I don't know either

:huh:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Trolling: Trolling is also not allowed in regard to other gaming companies, their employees or moderators. We've worked and continue to work with various people at many game companies, and it is not within the spirit of our forums to allow disrespectful posts about other company's policies, employees, or moderators. It's OK to say you don't like a game, but referring to another company's employees or the company itself is simply not be tolerated here. Posts which intentionally attack another game company and/or it's employees will be deleted and the member censured accordingly.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT