NWN2 devchat in 2 hrs

Llyranor

*checks RTR 7.0 download off the list*

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

am gonna note that based on chat and some other comments we seen recently, older dev comments 'bout how nwn2 were almost a completely different engine and game from the ground up is seeming likes a great deal of bunk.

am recalling, in particular, that josh were quite critical of nwn cleric domain implementation... were something that came up during iwd2 development. nevertheless, it sounds like nwn2 cleric domains is gonna be less than accurate... in spite of josh desire to get the core stuff right.

oh well.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I think they're the same as NWN1. At least that's what i got from it. Menaing, basically, they weren't touched at all.

Besides, the NWN1 domain set up, while not an exact replica of pnp, aren't that bad. They get their point across, anyways, and the idea behind them is the same.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If they make it more FR the only way for a cleric to get spells is to be "shackled by 'diety' limitations."

As it should be. If you are a priest, you must worship a god. In favor the god would grant you spells.

Not.

The way it's done in NWN was very close to what was presented in the Complete Divine.

You and your simesetwin fail :)

Edited by Darque

If they make it more FR the only way for a cleric to get spells is to be "shackled by 'diety' limitations."

As it should be. If you are a priest, you must worship a god. In favor the god would grant you spells.

Not.

The way it's done in NWN was very close to what was presented in the Complete Divine.

You and your simesetwin fail :)

Obviously your logic is malfunctioning today.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

doesn't really work well with core domains and fr gods. bane, as an example, gots hatred and tyranny as domains. sure, you still got choice of evil and law, but those would be only choices. valkur and aerdrie faenya, fringe fr gods at best, sudden becomes real popular 'cause they is only fr gods that offer air and good? poor josh gets stuck with his red knight priest having a fixed choice of law and war.

nwn were creating a rules system that were gonna be for playing beyond fr... the toolset, as such, has been used for greyhawk and dl and a multitude of custom worlds... and since the bio developers had no hope of making all fr domains available, much less all d&d domains, they stuck with the core... and the core rules allow you to choose any two domains... and there ain't no requirement for worship o' a specific deity. makes sense to us that 'cause rulset had to work for more than fr core would be the default.

however, they really screwed the core domains up badly. it not bother us that the domains and spontaneous casting rules ain't even remotely similar to da rules, but if you is gonna throw away the rulebooks, then how do you come up with the woefully unbalanced crap that is the nwn domains? the core d&d domains may not be balanced, but they is a damned sight better than the crazy fr nonsense. unfortunately, the biowarians really did a poor job of implementing the core domains... and numerous bio developers has admitted that even they were displeased with their implementaion of domains... didn't even put up a fight when Gromnir blasted 'em.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

doesn't really work well with core domains and fr gods. bane, as an example, gots hatred and tyranny as domains. sure, you still got choice of evil and law, but those would be only choices. valkur and aerdrie faenya, fringe fr gods at best, sudden becomes real popular 'cause they is only fr gods that offer air and good? poor josh gets stuck with his red knight priest having a fixed choice of law and war.

nwn were creating a rules system that were gonna be for playing beyond fr... the toolset, as such, has been used for greyhawk and dl and a multitude of custom worlds... and since the bio developers had no hope of making all fr domains available, much less all d&d domains, they stuck with the core... and the core rules allow you to choose any two domains... and there ain't no requirement for worship o' a specific deity. makes sense to us that 'cause rulset had to work for more than fr core would be the default.

however, they really screwed the core domains up badly. it not bother us that the domains and spontaneous casting rules ain't even remotely similar to da rules, but if you is gonna throw away the rulebooks, then how do you come up with the woefully unbalanced crap that is the nwn domains? the core d&d domains may not be balanced, but they is a damned sight better than the crazy fr nonsense. unfortunately, the biowarians really did a poor job of implementing the core domains... and numerous bio developers has admitted that even they were displeased with their implementaion of domains... didn't even put up a fight when Gromnir blasted 'em.

HA! Good Fun!

I said it once, I will say it again, down with third edition rules, stick to using AD&D rules. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

What is stated in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting and Player's Guide overrides what is stated in the Complete Divine. This is a FR game therefore is restricted to FR canon, at least it should be. COmplete Divine is a "side" book, not a "core" book, and nothing more.

Its how the hieharchy works.

You have the core books. Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual. Expanded Psionics Handbook would be considered a core book if you plan on using Psionics. All core books override any side books, like the Complete Series, if there is a discrepency.

Any campaign specific books override the core and side books, if there is any discepency, for that particular setting.