Games make you do drugs

Daaave

If you play a good game you will be so addicted to it you won't need drugs. Besides that you won't use it since

1) It messes up your aim

2) You cannot get away from drug "Games"

3) You have to go outside to buy it (can't do that now, can we?)

Back at uni I knew a guy who owned all on Goldenye64, the thing is he actually played better while high. :ermm:

Never met anyone who was better at video games while high, but I do know this one Italian guy who is 5 times better at golf when he's drunk as when he's sober. Or maybe it was just to promise of more beer if he played better, I'm not sure. :ermm:

Caffeine has no effect on me whatsoever. I feel a little refreshed / rejuvenated for about 5 seconds, then it fades away. :ermm:"

Actually, I have like a cup every 2,3,or 4 days, so I don't count.

I want to be part of the demographic!

Never met anyone who was better at video games while high, but I do know this one Italian guy who is 5 times better at golf when he's drunk as when he's sober. Or maybe it was just to promise of more beer if he played better, I'm not sure. :ermm:

Not uncommon it's because of nerves a lot of the time. I cant say I've played drunk. But I play better when I'm not thinking about the game and everything just flows.

One famous snooker player (canadian I think) used to get totally tanked before matches just to stop his hands from shaking.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Beer is actually banned from darts. Apparently, if you drink just a few beers, it calms you down and gives you steadier hands.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm just wondering...

Why do you people need to stay awake with drugs and coffee when you play games?

Are they that boring?

For those of us who get addicted to a new game and wish to play hours on end without stopping, we need something in our system to keep us going.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'm just wondering...

Are they that boring?

For those of us who get addicted to a new game and wish to play hours on end without stopping, we need something in our system to keep us going.

Oh you mean like self-discipline?

:(

When I start to play a new game that I like, I get involved, it keeps my attention to the point I lose track of time. When I first played Baldur's Gate, I started at 5PM and the next time I looked at the clock it was 3AM in the morning.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Catching up...

I don't like coffee either. I also use the Dew for my caffeine fix.

I've quit caffeine entirely for 4-6 months, twice. Even after that much time, I still felt more laggy and tired w/out it, so now I say, why bother quitting? I think some people are more wired to benefit from it somehow.

My consumption goes up and down...obsessive task periods, I drink a lot...the rest of the time, not so much. It affects me in terms of lessing feeling tired and concentration but it doesn't make me 'hyper', no matter how much I drink. The only thing insane quantities of caffeine does to me is incrase the heartrate, so I don't do that very often. heh

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Catching up...

I don't like coffee either. I also use the Dew for my caffeine fix.

I've quit caffeine entirely for 4-6 months, twice. Even after that much time, I still felt more laggy and tired w/out it, so now I say, why bother quitting? I think some people are more wired to benefit from it somehow.

My consumption goes up and down...obsessive task periods, I drink a lot...the rest of the time, not so much. It affects me in terms of lessing feeling tired and concentration but it doesn't make me 'hyper', no matter how much I drink. The only thing insane quantities of caffeine does to me is incrase the heartrate, so I don't do that very often. heh

If you reduce your sugar/carb intake you will be less tired and you won't need coffee or Da Dew.

Well, I don't have a lot of refined sugar or carb intake to reduce (my Dew is diet), beyond a few chocolates now and then. That isn't the issue for me. There may be a diet related thing I'm not aware of (maybe a mild allergy undetected for years) but eh...caffeine does me no real harm, either, so what the hey...who cares. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

When I'm really into a game, which translates in much the same way as Dark Raven described above, I don't drink or eat for hours. I may get up to pee or the other thing but only once.

I could have water. A tall glass of water with ice.

The last time this happened was a few months ago playing Civ4.

the only time I did drugs was in college and at that time I was playing zero games. It was in high school and after college (which I have never done drugs since) when I was a gamer. My experience is if your on drugs your doing other things than gaming, like your out at a bar or a party, not at home gaming.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I'm just wondering...

Are they that boring?

The only game I can remember falling asleep playing is NwN. It wasnt even particularly late either.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Games are drugs.

aka stimulants that cause a temporary feeling of euphoria and severe, yet varying addiction. Agreed. ^_^

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

When I'm really into a game, which translates in much the same way as Dark Raven described above, I don't drink or eat for hours. I may get up to pee or the other thing but only once.

I could have water. A tall glass of water with ice.

The last time this happened was a few months ago playing Civ4.

I did that with Half-Life 2 ... played it from the moment it finished authorizing the installation (which ended up being before noon) and didn't stop apart from once for "bio break" about 10pm and then for a few hours at about 3pm until early morning ... not sure if I bothered to have breakfast ... finished the game very early in the afternoon. Since then I have replayed the game and I don't know how I managed to finish it so quickly ...

I actually had to stop in the early morning because my eyes were so dry they were in pain ... blinking becomes optional when the eyes have so much candy to consume!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT