Oblivion Thread

Fenghuang

Codex has the occasional gold nugget. It's under a lot of goat entrails, but it's there.

and I can confirm that becoming the Archmage of the mage guild is about as satisfying as it was in Morrowind, i.e. nothing changes. You get access to a room and archmage's robes that look exactly the same as millions of other robes, and isn't even enchanted. Then you get a chest that duplicates your alchemy ingredients. Would be nice except about 2 of the NPCs recognises you as Archmages and the rest keep saying "you're the new guy, right?"

*shrug*

To each his own, Tigranes. I'd like better NPC interaction all the way around. It doesn't change the fact that the Mage quest line in Oblivion is much better than Borringwind. In fact, it's one of my favorite story arcs for any RPG. Sure, I had to use my imagination to supplement the bare bones, but those bare bones were good.

As to my Child friend, you have bad taste. You think virtually everything is funny. We've decided to think it's quaint. :Eldar's shaking his head with a rueful smile icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

True, the questline itself was much better, they were either average or good. Not sure about 'favourite' though. There really wasn't any character to the necromances

except Mannimarco

, and their motivations / desires are really nonexistent. I guess if you can fill those in naturally, then you're going to like that arc more.

I dunno, I can think of two other NPCs who gave some depth to the necromancers. On the other hand, NPC depth just plain isn't an Oblivion strong point. I would agree with the NPC interaction thing except that I see that as an overall failing.

On the other hand, I have mixed feelings about forcing the player to roleplay the entire interaction in his mind. Every RPG, and a damn good many other games, rely on the player's imagination. Still, there is a limit beyond which we shouldn't have to provide both sides of the imagination game. I enjoyed a lot of the quests precisely because I was playing a weird sort of dual role, and I think that's rather unreasonable to expect most players to do. ...Unless either I represent the average gamer or Bethesda is in the business for making games for folks with my tastes.

Even so, I would have enjoyed the game even more if I didn't have to completely forget about the stupid interface and try to infuse some character into the characters.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The latter gives you money money money. :)

Just pick his house clean :)"

2/3 of his targets don't know how to lock a door, so no need to kill them for that looting.

Also, does killing pay more? Don't really think so. (only tried with the first person though!) 150 for spying, 150 for killing. Bounty was more though (might have something to do with me taking a guard with her :shifty: )...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Ive spent the last few hours of Oblivion looting different random dungeons so I can get enough money to buy furniture for my new house. "Nesting" is fun and its good to have a home for your character but I think it was better done in Bloodlines where you get better accommodations as you progress in the storyline

Hmm, apparently the PC version has provided about 13% of sales so far. Outstanding!

Says who? Add another 40% to that and you might get the actual figure.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

As to my Child friend, you have bad taste.  You think virtually everything is funny.  We've decided to think it's quaint.  :Eldar's shaking his head with a rueful smile icon:

It's post-modern, Eldar. :huh: It uses humor to give insight to psychopathy.

The most distubing part is that someone actually knows how a psychopath thinks, and we don't know if that is because they studied or because they are ... :thumbsup:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmmm, lvl 17 now and the game starts to get pretty though; using pretty heavy enemies towards me. The fact I STILL have only steel equipment probably doesn't help either, nor the dissapearance of my amulet, since ALOT of enemies seem to cast magical spells upon me now and 14% back to sender would help alot in battling them...

Dread Zombies- Take an awfull lot of hits, hits like hell and usually this causes you to fall back too... no fun. Also if you run away from them to reheal they regain health. Damn annoying to drop them down a cliff to win time only to see you need to have to kill them whole-some once again when they get back to you.

Whisping Ghosts (dunno for certain that is their real name)- Before taking these ones on I better drop 50% of my inventory, due to their -Strenght spell. Annoying that they combine hefty armor ignoring spells with heavy hand-to-hand hits. Before you notice their next strike is not-magic you don't have the time to get your shield up and look at a -40% reduction of my current health <_<. And ofcourse if you block they use one of those spells that ignore it. Annoying. These guys are near to freaking invincible due to all this. The fact you need to exchange your

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Oh, be nice to Deadly Nightshade.  She's not the only one with a big sig, and I think she ought to raise holy hell if she's singled out for one.

And I will if I am...

But back on topic:

Did anyone else find the basement of the lighthouse disturbing?

DN

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Very much so. The lighthouse basement being disturbing I mean.

On another note, when does Daedric armor start dropping? I'm at lvl. 20 but still no sign of the stuff. Plenty of Elven, Mithril, and Ebony though.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It drops like candy for me, being level 46. Also, I usually get a lot of stuff off corpses, then I realize I am over-encumbered. So I drop the stuff on the road where I beat the latest bandit. Surprisingly enough, the game remembers every single piece of equipment I've ever left in the world! Wherever I walk now I keep finding signs of some ancient battle.. Is that a sign you've played too much? :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Not realy, the same thing happened to me...

But I have noticed that if you drop something it will stay there, but that if you put something in a container, it may go away...

DN

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Hmmm, lvl 17 now and the game starts to get pretty though; using pretty heavy enemies towards me. The fact I STILL have only steel equipment probably doesn't help either

Youre supposed to have access to minimum Dwarven Armour at lvl17, the norm on glass armour I think. Could it be so that some enemy has drained your luck without you noticing it? If your luck is below the starting 50, you will lag behind in the "arms race".

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

@ Kaftan:

Nope, luck at 51. It was drained to 41 at one point, but that has since been restored.

And every enemy I meet has Mythrill on currently. NO exceptions; It is really annoying.

Also the local armorer HAD Orcish once, now that I returned (when needing it) to buy it he only had Iron and Leather? WTF o:)

I do already found myself decent weaponry though (and every enemy I meet has magical weaponry). The 15 Ebony Blade is pretty nice, even though most enemies I meet now need magic weapons, thus forcing me back on the 8 damage (unless damaged... which is 24/7) Debaser... :(

@ Deadly Nightshade:

I really hoped I shouldn't be forced to do this... ah well, if you wan't to play tough *opens PM screen*

^

I find Daedric armor, but that's mostly when I do stuff on the other side of the gate. Glass armor is everywhere.

Here's a good tip if you're a mage, carry a light shield and enchant it with something good. As long as you're not reliant on torches, you can use a sheild as a kind of large amulet. currently, my shield fortifies my magic by 50 points. That's no small amount, even in the mid to late game.

Obsidian Plays

@ Deadly Nightshade:

I really hoped I shouldn't be forced to do this... ah well, if you wan't to play tough *opens PM screen*

Above and beyond the call of whiney, huh, BW? :(

Lucky bastards with your daedric drops. All I'm getting is dremora crap. Don't get me wrong, the claymores are pretty nice, especially the one I have enchanted for 25 DMG to health which can be easily recharged thanks to Azura's Star (Thank you, SP!).

That's too big of an advantage to pass up, so I decided to restart my sneaky archer Khajiit just to get it.

Strangely, I'm repeating the same quests over and over again and it hasn't managed to get stale yet. o:)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Thread Pruned: I would advise members to bring ALL concerns to the mod squad through PM. If you have an issue, treat one another with respect. If you cannot find a manner in which to articulate yourself without being hurtful or antagonising, do take a timeout from the sandbox. Public posting of concerns in the manner, which has occured recently is unacceptable. Please relfect on these words from the Roost, as there are consequences regardless of one's inferred, assumed or presumed status here at Obsidian.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Now, before this thread gets locked, which I see coming up in the near future, I'll say that I was quite unhappy about the end of the Arena quest. It's simply wrong that

killing the Grey prince would be considered cold blooded murder.

I was then visited by

the dark brotherhood

and had the most annoying celebrity stalker trying to follow me everywhere. Nuts. It's especially unfair to be considered

a cold blooded killer

since I shot two spells at my opponent before I even had the chance to talk to him. He dropped like a rock, and I had every reason to think he'd

kill me if I didn't kill him.

Edited by Eldar

Obsidian Plays