Oblivion Thread

Fenghuang

AHA!! i finally beat the bum vampyres. i started using my dwarven hammer, and i sigiled it with a +15 frost. i got that one in a real pain of a gate, too. three towers, and you had to find a lever in each of the two side towers first, then make it to the middle and shut it all down. got two grand soul gems and a host of uber equipment in the mean time (as well as two levelups). it was difficult.

the vamps dropped like flies after that. i think i'm getting the hang of my power attack, too. i still hate having to rely on user skillz ala FPS games, however... but it's worth it in this CRPG drought.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I solved a quest that gave me a spell called "Finger of the Mountain" or something similar, and I thought it would be cool, as it said it was supposed to be powerful. So I checked my spellist to see if I could cast it: damn thing needed 4500+ mana to cast ONCE! Of course, once I raised my puny Destruction skills from 9 to 15, it came tumbling down to 4000+ mana per cast.. Still a bit much. I guess that spell is for when you're at the top of your game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ah, I've always played the good guy in that particular quest. As a result, I've never had the spell. ...And Deirdre could probably cast it at 100 intelligence, 77 Destruction. No regrets, however.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Adventures- Part I in this new Threat:

So I decided to go to Bruma. Had to fence some stolen stuff weighing me down and wanted to get some additional quests etc.

So first thing what you do arriving in a new town is checking who leaves his door unlocked while not being home. In Bruma this was Ongar

(Funny is that even if I robbed his house of everything worth more than 1GP he happily bought it back :D)

So while exploring the town I picked a lock. And when this happened I got a "lvl up" message. Funny thing is that this permanently locked the "joint" I worked on, even if I failed a zillion times (except if I got the lockpick to try to get that joint up, then it would drop :p ...

So I decided to go stealing at a Inn. All good (nobody saw me... was alone in the room, just 2 doors to block me and the people, enough for looting). For some reason they all started yelling when picking up a meat "THIEF" though... while not doing so on the meat next to it... Some reloads and thief calls on odd locations and after-maths later I suspect that when an AI wants to have opened one of the 2 doors rendered me *visible* for the AI. Even if the door was not yet opened, nor the character even close to said doors :) After making this assumption and having it in mind during stealing I was not detected.

Sort of similar in a guardspost. No guard in near sight (one was on a lower level though). I could rob some but suddenly there would be THIEF calls all over the place. Reloads didn't give a clear sign what caused this though. Seemed time and item independant... And I had no LOS on the guard whatsoever, like I had in the Inn...

And now for a potentially QUEST-BREAKING GLITCH for Thief Characters...

You get busted and use the Lockpick to break out... All nice, no? NO. All the quest-related weaponry will NOT be returned when robbing the evidence chest. Did not have any Quest related Magic/Armor to check if it happened there too, but the possibility is likely. Pretty serious if you ask me...

Edit; hmmm, those items are returned when you leave the castle.... weird :huh:

Nevermind this glitch...

Edit2; Also the fact many rumors do not "gray out" after asking is annoying. Thus re-hearing old ones when expecting new ones. This usually happens with Fighter/Mages guild involving rumors... but there are several others...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It resembles OBLIVION, you stupid board monkeys! OBLIVION!

Oblivion looks prettier. >_<"

I found the infinite charge soulstone in my first play so that made life a lot easier. It was probably at that point the game "broke" since I could just use my magic stuff constantly without any hassle.

Tell me you don't mean Azura's Star...please...I always just give it to Martin. That thing actually has a use??

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Tell me you don't mean Azura's Star...please...I always just give it to Martin. That thing actually has a use??

>_<

I gave him some useless 2 handed hammer from one of the shrine quests.Azuras star is like an infinite use greater soul stone. You just summon something tap it and recharge

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

>_<

I gave him some useless 2 handed hammer from one of the shrine quests.Azuras star is like an infinite use greater soul stone. You just summon something tap it and recharge

Well ****. That definitely sucks for my Khajiit.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Need some help from anyone who's got relatively far in the thieves guild questline, I'm on the Arrow of Extrication (something like that) quest.

I've found the secret passage in the wizards room gone down throught the passages and found the old door which I presume I need to go through, it says I need a key however, and I can't find the key for it, I've spent ages looking for it, but to no avail. Can someone give a clue as to where I might find the key as I'm geeting annoyed with it now.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

:D

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

mkreku is right. The final quest for the mages guild was really cool, but only if you like playing the good guy. Of course, it might be great from a wicked perspective, but I wouldn't know.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It resembles OBLIVION, you stupid board monkeys! OBLIVION!

but oblivion is a fantasy crpg? you got a nice screenie of shrubbery. would such a thing interest a gamer unless he were playing one of those deer hunter games?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I did that Arrow of Extri-I-Can't-Spell-It quest, but it's impossible to know what you mean when I, myself, never got stuck in it. The only slightly challenging part (that I remember) was aiming the arrow right.

Edit: Doh.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I did that Arrow of Extri-I-Can't-Spell-It quest, but it's impossible to know what you mean when I, myself, never got stuck in it. The only slightly challenging part (that I remember) was aiming the arrow right.

Edit: Doh.

I got in to the room you need to get in to in the castle, found the secret entrance which leads down in to the wizards grotto. I paddled through the water, and went through the heavy door. Which leads into a large area where there is a conjurer, after defeating the conjurer and looking around you find that the direct route to the arrow seems to be through an old wooden door which needs a key, I've searched the area and can't find the key to open that door and leads to the green marker on your map.

Hope that's a bit clearer. I haven't attempted it for a couple of days so can't remember exactly and as I'm playing on the 360 I can't post a screenie.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

-snip-
Good grief man, do you go to war with all games you play?

Affirmative

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

sucky, on the Arrow of Extrication quest:

there is another way to get to the wooden door. go a little back in the grotto map, and you will find a deep, very deep, pool of water. On your map it should show as a roughly triangular area with passages going west, east and north. Of course, you can see the west/east passages, but not the north one, right? You need to swim a little under the water to find this passage. Do NOT swim all the way down (which you need magical/potion help to do), you'll find a hidden fish that is amazingly strong, then come out a trapdoor to the bottom of Niben Bay, but it's not what you're looking for. Only go a little down, go through the doorway, then you should eventually come out onto Fathis Aren's tower (outdoor, but inside the walls). There are likely daedra guarding him: but Fathis himself will not be hostile to you if you kill the daedra out of his sight. Thi sis good because Fathis (who is on the 2nd floor opposite the stairs) is part of the Mages Guild and you don't want to kill him. The Arrow is in the chest next to him, and he will no tmind if you take it.

SP: how does Azura's Star work exactly? Do you need to use Soul Trap the spell? I don't really get it.

Anyway, just finished the Mages Guild quest, and I'm onto like the 7th Dead Drop for Dark Brotherhood. Mages quests were good and so were DB, but most of hte dead drops are kinda uninspired assassinations, and I"m wondering when it'll all end. Of course,

in the one where you can paralyse a guy with Mead, I was amused to find out that if he so much drinks ONE drop of mead, he will be paralysed.... forever. I was using Wait to see if Olav in Olav's Tap and Tack EVER went to sleep - nope. So much for Radiant AI, that guy is a statue. Anyway, every time I rested I would be greeted with the "can't.. can't move!" VO. :p" Eventually hit him with some poison arrows then exited the premises before it killed him, which means 0 bounty. Really immersion breaking IMO, nobody cares you're sticking arrows at him till he's dead.

Edited by Tigranes

sucky, on the Arrow of Extrication quesT:

there is another way to get to the wooden door. go a little back in the grotto map, and you will find a deep, very deep, pool of water. On your map it should show as a roughly triangular area with passages going west, east and north. Of course, you can see the west/east passages, but not the north one, right? You need to swim a little under the water to find this passage. Do NOT swim all the way down (which you need magical/potion help to do), you'll find a hidden fish that is amazingly strong, then come out a trapdoor to the bottom of Niben Bay, but it's not what you're looking for. Only go a little down, go through the doorway, then you should eventually come out onto Fathis Aren's tower (outdoor, but inside the walls). There are likely daedra guarding him: but Fathis himself will not be hostile to you if you kill the daedra out of his sight. Thi sis good because Fathis (who is on the 2nd floor opposite the stairs) is part of the Mages Guild and you don't want to kill him. The Arrow is in the chest next to him, and he will no tmind if you take it.

Thanks for that Tigranes, didn't know about that way,explored the water but always went down to the bottom, have to find that passage tommorrow.

Thanks again.

Anyway, just finished the Mages Guild quest, and I'm onto like the 7th Dead Drop for Dark Brotherhood. Mages quests were good and so were DB, but most of hte dead drops are kinda uninspired assassinations, and I"m wondering when it'll all end. Of course,

in the one where you can paralyse a guy with Mead, I was amused to find out that if he so much drinks ONE drop of mead, he will be paralysed.... forever. I was using Wait to see if Olav in Olav's Tap and Tack EVER went to sleep - nope. So much for Radiant AI, that guy is a statue. Anyway, every time I rested I would be greeted with the "can't.. can't move!" VO.  :ermm:" Eventually hit him with some poison arrows then exited the premises before it killed him, which means 0 bounty. Really immersion breaking IMO, nobody cares you're sticking arrows at him till he's dead.

Yeah, annoyed me too, folowed the guy around for 3 game days trying to do it that stealthy way, in the end I just hacked him apart with my dagger, also you've nearly finished the DB stuff, just keep going with it.

Edited by sucky