Oblivion Thread

Fenghuang

Kaftan,

I had the same problem with the Mage's Guild. What I discovered is that it only occurs if you have a quest from another guild active while attempting the Thieves Guild missions. So long as its just one or the other you're fine.

Edited by Archmonarch

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

What do you mean "Im fine"? If Im not part of another guild, I can turn the grey fox in to the authorities? :huh:

..and since I have no plans on replaying this game my plan is to join all the guilds and complete all the quests ;)

Extra: Brilliant AI moment! I was walking around in the Black-something mercenary guildhall in Leyawin when I saw this guy with strange armour. So, I pulled out my sword and killed him right there in front of all his guildmates and looted his corpse to see what that sweet armour was. Did they attack me? Did they scream and shout? Did they call the guards? No, nothing happened. They didnt even react. I wasnt in sneak mode or anything, I just pulled out a claymore and whacked him.

I mean, thats not even AI. Thats just a question of flagging me as hostile when I attack a non-hostile entity.. but I guess QA missed that one :-"

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think you might have misunderstood. I was replying to your statement that you can't do the Thieves Guild quests without getting thrown out of the Fighters' Guild. What I meant is that so long as a quest for another guild is not active (i.e. you haven't accepted it yet/in between quests) then any theft will not result in your being expelled.

I ran into the same thing with both the Mages Guild/Thieves Guild and Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

What do you mean "Im fine"? If Im not part of another guild, I can turn the grey fox in to the authorities? :huh:

Doubt it. Unless "Arena" is a Guild for Oblivion.

Lvl 19 now, still in Steel, still meeting only Mythrill enemies :huh:

WTF moments:

1. Some random ruins. I look at some zombie at a platform, savely locked behind a big door. I turn away and open a door to another part (map/loading) of the ruin, which turns to have a door right away which could only be opened from the other side. So I turn around and... see that freaking zombie ;) How the hell could he come of his platform if he was locked out with a sturdy door I could only open with a trigger...?

After dying from this surprise in my back I tried it a few times again, but never did mister zombie actually turn up in that room again, which is... logical.

2. (current save) So I killed a female bandit. Since it was in the sewers of the Imperial City and I could easily dispose her equipment I took all her Mythrill stuff. This encumbered me though, so I left behind a glass dagger (her glass dagger) with her and went up to sell it to some merchant. Now if I return WTF is going in effect:

Even if you see the glass dagger, it ain't there. If I give her some (any) equipment she happily dupes it... unfortuately looting it from her only gives one copy back :( so it doesn't really help, but surely is odd.

If I continue further into the sewer she suddenly has the glass blade again as steal-able object. Still trying to experiment with her (since active save) and see if the dupes can be made "permanent" :-

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm not trying to taunt you (much) but I was just playing and in the mages' guild quest where you must

go back and get that bloodwhatever helm

I fought a Draemora Valkynaz who dropped a Daedric mace, cuirass, boots, and greaves.  :D

(w00t)

post-2035-1145148535_thumb.jpg

Now, if only I could find the damn helmet and gauntlets...oh, and glass just started dropping like crazy. :huh:

Nice work, wolfie. They were like lambs to the slaughter.

I just popped in to say comment about something Deirdre did.

I'm finishing up the Brotherhood of the Sacred whatever quest. Anyhow, it wasn't too terribly tough the first time, but this time... hahahahaha

I met up with

Seridur

and he went into his whole "this is what I say right before I kill you" dialogue. I hit him with one spell and it was over. I mean, I created this spell and it mows folks down. It's almost like I need to create a non-magic user next time. Anyhow, I should revisit and update the "my oblivion character," assuming anyone reads it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Wait, I was visited by the Dark Brotherhood again.

hahahaha

I've just finished ensuring my place as the Arch-Mage of the Mages' Guild. When Traven kills himself to make the black gem filled, I rested on his former (now my) bed because I leveled before I finished my last mission. Anyhow, I sleep and... just a sec... Lucien Lachance talks to me and tells me to murder someone. He describes his Brotherhood and tells me that they're a guild of heartless assassins who kill folks for pay, power, and fun. He finished his speech and looks at me expectantly. I fry him with my specially crafted Fire and Ice 2 spell. He flies across the room, alternating between burning and freezing. A message pops up telling me that my only connection with the Dark Brotherhood has been severed and I cannot contact them ever again. They should feel glad, but if they so desire to send someone else, I'll gladly show them the same courtesy I offered Lucien, God rest his black soul.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Level 22, I just finished the Dark Brotherhood storyline. That was quite excellent actually, the schizophrenic diary is a good one. I'm finally convinced that Oblivion's got its moments.

*reads eldar's post*

Hm. You miss out I guess. :)

Regarding the Grey Prince, I don't think there's anything you can do. Kind of a pity, his VO was crap and threatened to break immersion but the story was a nice one.

Speaking of AI, there was a funky moment during one of the DB kills where I was following this person around. She's a member of the Leyawiin City Watch: and she does. not. sleep. Like, ever. Her schedule pretty much rotates between Patrolling, Sitting absolutely still without eating anything in the Sisters Inn for a few hours, then going to the city barracks and sleeping for exactly 2 seconds before getting up and walking out again. >.< In the end I managed to whack her in the middle of the street in broad daylight while everyone's heads were momentarily turned. STILL got 1k bounty though, ran to contact a Thieves Doyen to get rid of that, ran into 2 guards right where the Doyen should be, had to get rid of a 3k bounty in the end. :)

Still, 5000 items stolen and only 1 day in jail (to complete that quets in Bruma). I have managed to curb my frightening desire to enter and complete EVERY single location I come across on the map (hell, you walk for 2 minutes to get from 1 city to a quest dungeon and you find 3 others) because at high levels it's just not as exciting. ;) The potion system seems clunky because I have so many of them and I could keep glunking, the spells are still pretty cool but mostly upgrades of what I had before, etc. I'm just holding out until I can cast Enemies Explode. :p

Edited by Tigranes

Anyone else tried duplicating items?

Draw your bow string to full length, open inventory, equip another type of arrows, click that arrow type twice(important, doesn't work if you only click it once), the game will show a brief mesage that you can't change arrow types, etc ablah blah. Now choose the item you want to be duplicated, some items don't multiply, some multiply like hell: Try it with daedra hearts or elven shields and melons. :D Now drop the object and close you inventory, depending on the amount of those second type arrows, the ones you equipped after opening you inventory, the item will multiply the more you have. Get somewhere high and vast and have fun.

A word of warning, 360 couldn't take one thousand elven shields and it crashed down. I wouldn't recommend trying that on PC either. :shifty: Somewhere around 250 it starts to lag like hell.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

They drop to ground when you close your inventory, you loon. That's why i wrote to go somewhere vast and empty. The masses of stuff you magically duplicate to being will come down on you, when you close the inventory. I wouldn't recommend doing it in a tight space.

I don't think that's impossible however. Shields stack too.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I did. I followed the instructions closely, but I can't replicate that bug. I wonder if it's Xbox 360 only or if I'm doing something wrong?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

oblivion is a good game im more of a fan of morrowind the thing i didnt like is that in daggerfall or arena and morrowind you could spend sooo much time playing and it was new this game got old for me after about 20 hours most of the time is spent in the realm of oblivion i give this game a 6 out of 10 and morrowind a 9 out of 10

Ive bought my house and all the furniture, and now I cant really find any use for the money I make. In fact, I feel like I dont really have a goal anymore :ermm:

I mean, sure I could finish the main quest but after that itll be REALLY pointless to keep playing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Why havent anyone reacted against this whole bussiness of having to costantly repair and recharge your equipment?! What possible other function does it serve but to really annoy the player? Recharging magic swords is in fact so much of a hassle for my fighter that I just dont bother with them, its much better to must have a straightup regular sword that doesnt run out of ammo.

This is a "feature" that Bethesda should really think about removing in the upcomming patch.

Oh, it's pissing me off immensely. There's nothing more annoying (aside from lockpicking) than having your sword run out of charge midway through a big battle. Trouble is, I need the extra 15 damage to have any chance of victory.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Ive bought my house and all the furniture, and now I cant really find any use for the money I make. In fact, I feel like I dont really have a goal anymore :blink:

I mean, sure I could finish the main quest but after that itll be REALLY pointless to keep playing.

Buy another house ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I treat making money as a mini-game in every title I play. I've got over 100G, at level 27, and I've bought homes all over Cyrodil. I've paid for every convenience or luxury. mmm MMMM Good. Anyhow, I'm off to take pictures of my sweet, elven lass. I might use one of those utilities to import a different face, as I find the in program utility limiting.

Obsidian Plays

oblivion is a good game im more of a fan of morrowind the thing i didnt like is that in daggerfall or arena and morrowind you could spend sooo much time playing and it was new this game got old for me after about 20 hours most of the time is spent in the realm of oblivion i give this game a 6 out of 10 and morrowind a 9 out of 10

I'm almost completely opposite. Borringwind got old for me really fast.

On the other hand, I don't really like spending much time in the Oblivion wastes. I tend to go there, cast a lot of invisibility spells, and then head strait (as possible) to the sigil stone.

Obsidian Plays

Ive bought my house and all the furniture, and now I cant really find any use for the money I make. In fact, I feel like I dont really have a goal anymore :thumbsup:

Either A. Walk around aimlessly looking for quests, admiring the visuals, killing random animals, and closing Oblivion gates (If you haven't finished the main Q) or B. Go on a killing/looting spree.

Oh, it's pissing me off immensely. There's nothing more annoying (aside from lockpicking) than having your sword run out of charge midway through a big battle. Trouble is, I need the extra 15 damage to have any chance of victory.

Get Azura's Star, cast soul tap on some of those Daedra bastards, kill 'em, and bingo, instant renewable soul gem.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Messing up your game 101. With Hassat Hunter.

In our current lesson we fool around and break the Thieves Guild. How so? By making

Armand Christophe

fall through the ground, to never return (note: Don't save).

We take an Armand Christophe and a nice blade. Cut him a bit nice and smoothly. He will cast you out of the Thieves Guild, yet still happily offers jobs when you meet him randomly on street. Also try to talk to him about getting back in and deny the offer. Missing VO, how could that pass anybody's attention? Quite a tease, no? Thus visit him at home. Stealing his key might be helpfull, he doesn't mind. Now when inside smacking is the key. Try to smack him all over to the door so he "goes" outside... once outside notice he ain't there... or is he?

Look carefully at the floor, you will see a crown icon appear. Trying to talk to him takes you FAR below the game map, yet you can still whack him unconscious... He even moves inside again at one point, still way underground. Ooops...

Now on the non-quest-breaking-advanchment:

Finnally found myself an ebony armor... on a MAGE! All bandits based on melee/ranged still use Mythrill with the occassional Elven... but the mages carry the Heavy Armor I seek. I think I can savely say Oblivions loot-placement is quite weird...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

They're bandits. Their major skill is Light, not Heavy armor.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast