Nother NWN2 Preview

N'Al

"Was it invincible and faster than you?"

O M G

That was so mean;; I applaud you. :lol:

Modding si ok. I love the dming/storybuilding it. The scripting, and dialogue writing for game mods cna be annoying though.

That's why my mod, while I'm still working on it, is taking longer than I thought. My eyeballs go out after awhile, and I need a break.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Modding for NWN was suprisingly enjoyable compared to some of the less user-friendly mod tools other games sport. Too bad I lost interest, the undead pirate isle with a humorous undertone was one of my more worthwhile ideas. Heck, I even got a friend to help me with it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've found that the 'work' can be tedious if you make it to be in your design. If for some reason your mod needs 'boring' parts in it, making them isn't going to be much fun, either.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

They could make challenging puzzles and problems for the player to solve. They could make the maps into mazes (not recommendable!). They could make the world huge and wide open and hide the goals in the wilderness. They could place riddles everywhere.

IF I SEE THAT ****ING MAZE ONE MORE TIME...

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Was it invincible and faster than you?

In a way yes. I am better on the hardware side of computers than the software side. I can take apart and put together harddrives, motherboards, cards, and the lot but can't even program a simple script that can count. >_<

Edited by Judge Hades

I remade Phlan once. Disapointed with how limited the toolset was when your going for a specific "look" rather than making the look with the toolset.

I did actually enjoy messing around with it for a couple of days. But if I HAD to complete it , then it would have been a chore.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yeah, NWN2 should offer a lot more diversity in terms of area building.

In any case, yes, modding *can* be a chore, but it doesn't *have* to be. It really depends what you're focusing on and for what reason. I just like to go with the philosophy that if I don't enjoy modding it, then the player probably won't enjoy going through it. Of course, it doesn't always apply, either way, but it helps you keep on track of why exactly you're making a mod in the first place. Who are you making the mod for?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)