Black. White.

Krookie

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not.  (Proverbs 3:5 NAB)

GJK, meet brain. Brain, meet GJK.

GJK realises his brain dose not believe in Jesus as much as he dose, and squishes it... :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It's funny how GJK makes assumptions about everyones faith based on their responses to him. I am very proud to be christian and am comfortable in my own faith. I do not talk the talk, I walk the walk. GJK, you are all talk. You judge others all over this forum. There are also appropriate avenues for missionary work, and this is far from one of them.

It's funny how GJK makes assumptions about everyones faith based on their responses to him.  I am very proud to be christian and am comfortable in my own faith.  I do not talk the talk, I walk the walk.  GJK, you are all talk.  You judge others all over this forum.  There are also appropriate avenues for missionary work, and this is far from one of them.

Well he seems to have labeled me as a devil worshipping Satanist, which I'm not...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

This thread is rediqulous!

Also, I saw the first ep of Black White. The "whites" look like arabs or hispanic people. The "black" girl looks realistic. The white parents are weird... really weird. The black mum is annoying.

If the show and people are authentic then this show has some merit as a social experiment.

and they haven't yet played up the whole vampire angle.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Shouldn't we have some sort of religious extremist alert?

By the way, Gray, I believe Thor could kick Gods ass. :angry:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I agree with Meta.  Speaking of religious extremists, when are you starting a new thread Gray JK?

A question was asked to me earlier, in this discussion, "why must you bring your religion in to all of this". My answer is simple, Jesus Christ is my Lord, God, and Savior; Jesus is the bigest part of my life, and his Holy Light shines thru my every move. So I will continue to pray for you, and all non-beleivers. My efforts to help guide people to the Light, will not be stoped by you or any of the rest of you non beleivers. I have every right to speak my mind. You might ask yourself, why do the comments of one man upset you so much.

Not even Jesus could love you.

Satan will embrace him though.

Ironic.

I could have used the British-Irish conflict, or South African Apartheid, or many other examples. I used the Arab-Israeli conflict simply because it illustrates the effect of entrenched hatred over generations, and how it creates a vicious cycle of violence.

There's a difference, though. Disputes over territory and over the fact that a group just blew up your church or slaughtered some of your priests, where those events are still occurring is very different from a three-decade-plus-old problem with discrimination. Yes violence did take place...a lot of it...but none within the past couple decades. The problem itself seems to be burning itself out gradually, unlike those examples.

It's a different situation here, I think.

read what I said carefully. I am not advocating any sort of reparation.

I am suggesting, very reasonably I would have thought, that in order to draw a line under past transgressions and "move on", it is necessary to acknowledge past behaviours and admit they were wrong.

The first step is always to take accurate feedback, and then make informed decisions from there.

It's been acknowledged, and has been for...again...decades.

I can't refute that last part, but then again, why would I? It's spot on.

What you are suggesting is that "it's all in the past" and let's start again from scratch now.

That is a recipe for genecide, anytime one group gets bored / annoyed / greedy and wants some other groups' resources. Just kill 'em all, then we don't have to worry about it. Conscience CLEAN! ;)

No I'm not saying that. Of course the past needs to be acknowledged, and no, it should never be forgotten, but trying to place blame on those innocent of the crimes committed is just...stupid.

And where'd that come from? I wasn't suggesting that, and frankly, I'm appalled by the very notion of it.

What's wrong with me not willing to accept blame for the cruelty of my ancestors? I know it was...inhuman, to do what they did, and there's no excuse for their actions, but last I checked, I'm not one of them. I live in modern day North America and have never in my life owned, traded, beaten, or killed anyone...and the slaughter of the Indians too...that's another thing. I did nothing of the sort. What's more, were I suddenly dropped into that time period, I'd be fighting alongside them, rather than my own race. >_<

If I just went on a tangent because I misunderstood something...please tell me so I can apologize, hold my head in shame, and beg forgiveness, oh mighty Metamod. :p

And the Grey being a Christian thing. We got it. We all know by now. Let him believe what he wants.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Yes violence did take place...a lot of it...but none within the past couple decades. The problem itself seems to be burning itself out gradually, unlike those examples.

I'm not so sure. It has been a while since the last major incident (Rodney King), but the silence could also mean systemic acceptance.

I am optimistic that it is getting better though. I'm a bit different in this respect, but I think the fact that as long as people still get upset about a "Black History Month," we should continue to have it.

;) Just noticed I put "itself" in the same sentence twice. Faux Pas.

I don't think it's being ignored...it just isn't happening anymore. Granted, there's the occasional exception, but that's just it, an exception.

Edit: Once Meta finishes this post, I'm going to get my argumentative, and most likely wrong ass handed to me on a silver platter.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

If I just went on a tangent because I misunderstood something...please tell me so I can apologize, hold my head in shame, and beg forgiveness, oh mighty Metamod.  :p

No need for shame, just an active conversation (apart from certain fundamental issues ;)").

You may think it is unfair to be targeted for benefiting from the slave trade, but what about those who are on the other side of the equation.

I guess I'm trying to get you to look at the issue from another point of view. What about those descendants of the slaves / etc? Not just their current situations, either, but what about the lost potential lives they may have had? The human "opportunity cost" of the slave trade, if you will.

There is a big gap between these two peoples' points of view.

Well yes, certainly I would see it a bit...all right, a lot...differently were I on the other side. I'd be seeking something or someone to blame for my current plight...that doesn't make it right. Never said that there wasn't good reason behind it, but it just shouldn't be acceptable to blame an entire race for its actions in the past. >_<

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast