Black. White.

Krookie

No, blame is not the word. Blame is not helpful.

Just understanding so that the various parties can meet in the middle, somewhere.

;)

Edit: And what Surreptishus said. :D

Edited by metadigital

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Both true enough points. I actually meant "I would blame" as in "Were I someone on that other side" meaning, the side that blames. (I know it's not the whole side, but some of the more vocal people) And it is blaming.

Yes, I agree with both of you on the need to address this more fully, but I.........I fail to see subtle and insidious racism. A lot of what could be considered that probably isn't...it's just being looked at in a certain light to fan old flames.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not.  (Proverbs 3:5 NAB)"

yes, he dose not relay on his intelligence... :)

If you are going to insult me learn how to spell, it's rely, not realy. Oh and I don't care what you think dark one, God loves you anyway though.

Jesus Loves Us All

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not.  (Proverbs 3:5 NAB)"

yes, he dose not relay on his intelligence... :)

If you are going to insult me at least learn how to spell, it's rely, not realy. Oh and I don't care what you think dark one, God loves you anyway though.

For you, Ms. Grammatically correct.

Edited by Krookie

I fail to see subtle and insidious racism. A lot of what could be considered that probably isn't...it's just being looked at in a certain light to fan old flames.

Exhibit A:

I have known many great black people, some of them have been some of the most respected people in my mind that I have ever met, one of them grew up in Germany, and he acted and talked like a white person.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

yes, he dose not relay on his intelligence... :-

If you are going to insult me learn how to spell, it's rely, not realy. Oh and I don't care what you think dark one, God loves you anyway though.

Anybody ever told you you're an ediot?

I fail to see subtle and insidious racism. A lot of what could be considered that probably isn't...it's just being looked at in a certain light to fan old flames.

Exhibit A:

I have known many great black people, some of them have been some of the most respected people in my mind that I have ever met, one of them grew up in Germany, and he acted and talked like a white person.

Yeah, but I also mentioned exceptions. This 9-year-old being an excellent example. :ermm:"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

From?

- Everlast

All right, true. I was expecting that. Here's the question though, is this behavior limited to a minority, or is it a much further reaching problem?

And another thing. Is "he acted and talked like a white person" really racism? Seems like more of a stereotype to me. With MTV and the popularity of rap/hip hop, I'm not really surprised though.

- Everlast

How does one 'act' and 'talk' like a white person? Oh, you mean like a normal person, right? Did he smell like a white person too?

Not racism!

Nope.

"Act" and "talk" are both physical things...it's voice inflection, what words are used, mannerisms, etc. The general stereotype is that Whites are more capable with words and act a certain way, while Blacks aren't and act in a different way.

Not what I think, just what seems to pass as the primary stereotype.

- Everlast

A bit, I guess, but not enough for it to be full fledged racism.

That's not necessarily derogatory though...isn't racism negative?

- Everlast

Not using the same words or mannerisms as someone else doesn't make one stupid. :thumbsup:

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast