Black. White.

Krookie

I think the show shows the truth about racism. The black people on the show go on and on about how the white people are not getting the full experiance of being a black person, I think that it shows the truth of what is really out there. You see what the white people say of their experiances, they don't see the racism that the black people claim to see. I think that the black people have been brought up to expect racism from people especially white people, so it's already in their heads that white people are going to be racist to them before we even open our mouths. I think that it is all about the personality someone has. I have known many great black people, some of them have been some of the most respected people in my mind that I have ever met, one of them grew up in Germany, and he acted and talked like a white person. Most people react negetively toword a negetive personality, regardless of their skin color. I actualy have a great deal of respect for Martin Luther King Jr. for the way he conducted the majority of the civil rights movement in the 60's. He did it peacfuly, not like Malcom X who seemed to hate all white people regardless of what they said or did. I have encountered alot of racism twords me, I live in the south and I am white, and alot of Mexican people have given me looks, and talked to me in a derogitory way, just because I don't understand the language, or because I am white and they don't like me. Even Bill Cosby made a coment about how he thinks that the young black comunity is only hurting itself with the majority of the way they think and act. Racial equality is fine I'm all for that but, I'm not for any race claiming that it is better than another. I am not responsible for what my ancestors did hundereds of years ago, and I should not be held accountible for their actions. I judge whether I like a person or not on their personality and who they are as a person, not on the color of their skin. I think that both the KKK, and the Black Panthers are screwed up, and they need to go to church, and be edjucated in the ignorance of their actions. God created all people equaly and no race should stand above another.

Jesus Loves Us All

The problem is ingrained (institutionalized) racism. A bit like this statement:

I have known many great black people, some of them have been some of the most respected people in my mind that I have ever met, one of them grew up in Germany, and he acted and talked like a white person.

I'll let you ponder what is wrong with that comment.

not like Malcom X who seemed to hate all white people regardless of what they said or did. 

Maybe you should go back and do some research on Malcolm X. Because this statement is false. :)

I am not responsible for what my ancestors did hundereds of years ago, and I should not be held accountible for their actions. 

Who is responsible, then? :thumbsup:

God created all people equaly and no race should stand above another.

What if other people don't share your unshakable faith in your god? How are you going to convince them to have FAITH? Faith, by definition, is a voluntary action, and flows from free choice. Free choice demands the option of NOT believing. No matter how often you (or others) threaten an eternal flamebath in the next life, these people will not respect your "logic".

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am not responsible for what my ancestors did hundereds of years ago, and I should not be held accountible for their actions. 

Who is responsible, then? :devil:

Though it pains me to say it...I actually agree with him on that. Why should I be punished for what my ancestors did?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Not punished. But some sort of reconciliation must be enacted. Otherwise the accumulated hurt will continue to fester and cause trouble, like the Arab-Israeli troubles in the Middle East.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What type of reconciliation do you think is fitting when the current generation isn't at fault in the slightest?

And that doesn't seem like a good example...since that dispute is mostly based off of land and religion.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

"Not punished. But some sort of reconciliation must be enacted. Otherwise the accumulated hurt will continue to fester and cause trouble, like the Arab-Israeli troubles in the Middle East."

No. I am no more responsible for my great, great, great, great, great grandfather possibly being a sexist punk who had slaves than I am because my birth daddy had a penchant for robbery.

I will *never* apologize for slavery since I have NEVER commited slavery.

Just like Blacks don't need to apologize for THEIR ancestors selling THEIR ancestors into slavery.

I am 100% responsible for my actions. Period. Not for other bozos.

As for this show. I haven't seen it, and it sounds dumb. Plain, and simple.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I agree with both Wolfie and Vologic, I can't be held responsible even in the slightest for, say, vikings raping and stealing shiny stuff from old England. :geek:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Nope. Won't find me appologising for what my ancestors did.

Black people were very involved in the slave trade. They just sold other tribes into slavery. They helped a lot when it came to finding villiages to aquire slaves from too.

If it's any consolation Lucius I dont hold you personally responsible for the Viking raids :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I feel responsible for scaring the poor vikings from our peaceful little isthmus! :'(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What type of reconciliation do you think is fitting when the current generation isn't at fault in the slightest?

And that doesn't seem like a good example...since that dispute is mostly based off of land and religion.

I could have used the British-Irish conflict, or South African Apartheid, or many other examples. I used the Arab-Israeli conflict simply because it illustrates the effect of entrenched hatred over generations, and how it creates a vicious cycle of violence.

read what I said carefully. I am not advocating any sort of reparation.

I am suggesting, very reasonably I would have thought, that in order to draw a line under past transgressions and "move on", it is necessary to acknowledge past behaviours and admit they were wrong.

The first step is always to take accurate feedback, and then make informed decisions from there.

What you are suggesting is that "it's all in the past" and let's start again from scratch now.

That is a recipe for genecide, anytime one group gets bored / annoyed / greedy and wants some other groups' resources. Just kill 'em all, then we don't have to worry about it. Conscience CLEAN! :wub:

PS Lucius, I didn't hold you personally responsible until THAT CARTOON!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't think anyone is asking to forget the past astrosities, otherwise they'll just be repeated.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Who doesn't acknowledge and condemn slavery? Except for slavers of course.

It seems to me most people have not forgotten.

It also seems to me like the reason we still have some form of racism is because certain parties are unwilling to let go of the past. Then again if they did, would we still remember it?

Everybody remembers. Some can't let go. Hence, the violence.

And by the way, slavery was still quite present in the fifties, not hundreds of years ago. And by another way, it is still going on today. :)

What you are suggesting is that "it's all in the past" and let's start again from scratch now.

That is a recipe for genecide, anytime one group gets bored / annoyed / greedy and wants some other groups' resources. Just kill 'em all, then we don't have to worry about it. Conscience CLEAN! :)

PS Lucius, I didn't hold you personally responsible until THAT CARTOON!

Thats one way of looking at it. Another is that by constantly trying to blame people who have had nothing to do with those events you are just making the situation worse.

There is a huge difference between holding the people responsible for the actions and trying to blame some guy who just happens to be born in the same country a couple of 100 years later.

First for Justice.

Then for Vengeance.

Then because they just didn't know how to stop.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Just like Blacks don't need to apologize for THEIR ancestors selling THEIR ancestors into slavery.

You actually have a very good point there, the black people have always tended to hate white people for their ancestors being put into slavery, but the truth is that Africa's own people sold their own people into slavery, i'm not sure of the specifics but I know that much is true.

As for my comment about Malcom X, the picture I was always painted about him, was that he was a racist muslim extreemist, who hated all white people, if I am wrong then someone please tell me the truth.

Jesus Loves Us All

Nevermind. Why bother anyway...

kirottu said:

I agree with Meta.  Speaking of religious extremists, when are you starting a new thread Gray JK?

A question was asked to me earlier, in this discussion, "why must you bring your religion in to all of this". My answer is simple, Jesus Christ is my Lord, God, and Savior; Jesus is the bigest part of my life, and his Holy Light shines thru my every move. So I will continue to pray for you, and all non-beleivers. My efforts to help guide people to the Light, will not be stoped by you or any of the rest of you non beleivers. I have every right to speak my mind. You might ask yourself, why do the comments of one man upset you so much.

Jesus Loves Us All

I hope your a teen that way you may actually grow out of this before any real damage is done to you or someone else.

I will surely grow, learn, and mature, but my faith in Jesus is unwavering, why does that upset so many of you, why does the faith of one man upset you all to the point of anger and hate. I wish none of you death or harm, that is why I say what I do. I am trying to help guide you toword salvation. I feel horrible for the people that are already in hell. For there pain is something that I do not wish on anyone. The fire is not even the worst part of it, the eternal disconection from God is the worst part of it. There is no hope in hell, and that is why I obey my Lord's call to all Christians to spread the Holy Word of Jesus Christ the Lord, so that hopefully someone may listen, and I will have been more fruitfull. If you are interested in what I say, read the Bible, and it will tell you the truth. Also, you might try reading Dante's "The Inferno", it's very enlightening.

Jesus Loves Us All

I will surely grow, learn, and mature, but my faith in Jesus is unwavering, why does that upset so many of you, why does the faith of one man upset you all to the point of anger and hate.  I wish none of you death or harm, that is why I say what I do.  I am trying to help guide you toword salvation.  I feel horrible for the people that are already in hell.  For there pain is something that I do not wish on anyone.  The fire is not even the worst part of it, the eternal disconection from God is the worst part of it.  There is no hope in hell, and that is why I obey my Lord's call to all Christians to spread the Holy Word of Jesus Christ the Lord, so that hopefully someone may listen, and I will have been more fruitfull.  If you are interested in what I say, read the Bible, and it will tell you the truth.  Also, you might try reading Dante's "The Inferno", it's very enlightening.

Well thats what you say now. But thats what everyone says before they grow and mature.

Well lets do an anology that you can understand.

Think of us as the little old ladies walking along the street. Your the annoying boyscout trying to drag us across the road even though we don't want to cross. The only reason your doing it is to make you feel better about yourself.

As for your god not interested. I wouldnt follow him even if he existed in the form you believe he does. Heres the catch 22. I wont follow a god that wipes out 120 thousand people with a tidal wave for example. And if he's not directly responsible, well he's not all powerful anyway.

I think your missing the point. Disconnection with god is only a bad thing if you actually believe in your particular brand of the faith. If you dont buy into the god thing at all, well disconnection not a huge deal.

Personally no respect for any deity that promotes that sort of cruelty regardless of who it's inflicted upon.

478327[/snapback]