KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

With iron-hard unrelenting hype before release? Lots.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well there's been a couple websites out there where I've read articles that in which they seem pretty sure that one of the three games Obsidian is working on right now is KOTOR III. But this is the one that really caught my eye!

Obsidian Hiring For KOTR III? - News at Gaming Horizon

It says:

Though it's certainly far from a game announcement, Obsidian Entertainment has posted a job listing for a senior environmental concept artist to work on a new project for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

The project is described as an unannounced, third-person action/RPG tile which, as I'm sure you're now realizing, is a perfect description for a possible Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III. Hopefully Obsidian will make an official statement at this year's E3. You can view other Obsidian job listings (for an "unannounced console RPG") here.

Now before anyone says it I know this doesn't absolutely confirm their making it but for me it just seems like the right time. I mean if they are going to make it for all three systems PC, 360, and PS3 like has been suggested it's now or never. With the PS3 debuting in November and the 360 already out springing this popular of a game for all three forums at say oh E3 would make major news and really build up the hype with a few screenshots. Now like I said I know it's not an announcement or anything it's just my opinion of what I read and what I feel they are going to be.

This was a good articale too.

IGN: Obsidian's Quadruple Set

It says:

January 17, 2006 - Obsidian Entertainment is currently working on three unannounced role-playing games, according to job listing site Creative Heads.

Comprised of former several Black Isle and BioWare creators, Obsidian appears to be expanding with work expressly for next-generation and PC platforms. One game, listed as a third-person action-RPG for Xbox 360 and PS3, is possibly the third in the Knights of the Old Republic series. Neither LucasArts nor Obsidian would confirm a renewal of their work done on Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords. According to a source close to the development team, Obsidian may not have sealed the deal yet for KOTOR 3.

The second role-playing game listed (Obsidian is looking for an entry-level programmer for this title) is an RPG slated for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. This second RPG is an original intellectual property called Project New Jersey and uses the Unreal 3 Engine, according to Obsidian employees. Along with job postings for Neverwinter Knights 2 (announced in August 2004), Obsidian is also creating an adventure-RPG for Xbox 360 and PS3 (for which it's in search of a senior graphics programmer).

In addition to the Creative Heads listing is Obsidian's own job listings.

I'm sure our rumor mill lover is all over you right now

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

All the speculation can be fun, but I'm going to be highly skeptical of any rumors, even if I should decide to read them all.

Why?

Because I'll just set up myself to be disappointed. I'll probably read the rumors, but I won't believe any of them, until someone makes an official statement that is confirmed by Lucasarts.

Guest The Architect

If you want to know what I want in K3, read my signature...

Besides all that, a game like K3 would take forever to make if you tried to cover all sixteen gender/alignment combo's of Revan and the Exile, even the most creative and skilled writer cannot pull it off, what I'm saying is it would take too much time and money to try and cover everything and knowing greedy LucasArts, they'll pressure Obsidian into another early release date resulting in another cut, unfinished, bug and glitch ridden game and we don't want that, we also don't want them to completely abandon the story arch and move on to the new one because that would just be weak, lame and anti-climatic, we also want to be able to select the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile and not have fixed Revan's and Exile's forced on us.

I've read most if not all of the K3 Ideas and Suggestions posts and I can say there are a lot of good ideas but there are also a lot of demands asking for too much and want we want most of all is a GOOD, COMPLETE, PLOT/CHARACTER DRIVEN GAME so I wouldn't mind if sacrifices have to be made so we get a good game. Obsidian needs a good two and a half to three years to make a large-scale game like K3, and implementing things such as your main character only visiting seven planets and your party only consisting of a maximum of eight companions is fine by me because I'd rather see eight to ten well written rich, detailed characters than twenty unfinished, crappy ones and I'd rather see seven well detailed long level planets than sixteen unfinished ****house ones, in other words I want QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

I'm no story-writing expert, although I have won quite a few story-writing awards at primary school and high-school and I do want to become a writer when I'm older the fact is I'm 16 and I'm no professional...yet. But I can tell you or suggest to you potential game-developers of K3 to read Jediphile's K3 storyline proposal, it's really good. If you want a story for K3, use his idea's, I also suggest for you guy's to look at hawk's storyline proposal too, his has a lot of 'potential'. Instead of me wasting my time and rambling about what I want in K3, Jediphile's story pretty much sums up what I'd like to see. Hawk's too is pretty good, he's got the right idea too.

We definately MUST be able to select the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile but if they are to be in K3 they should only appear towards the end but they can have fixed alignments and become scripted character's only to make things easier for the developers.

If you haven't already read Jediphile's or hawk's storyline proposals I suggest you do. PM then and find out where you can read them, Jediphile will post you a link, with hawk, his story cannot be found on the forums as far as I can tell and I'm pretty sure he hasn't finished it but if you PM him and ask him about his K3 storyline proposals I'm sure he'll tell you the ideas he has.

Edited by The Architect

every 3 or 4 weeks i check back on the boards for some info about k3 i guess in this sitation some news is better than no news, it would be intersting to think that perhaps obsidian has been working on the story for k3 ever since k2 perhaps k3 will become everything k2 was not i would rlly like to see the game feel a little more like k1 and the story line be a little more open ended and fun i havent played a star wars game in 6 or 7 months so it would be nice to get a rlly fun one i can deff see a late 2006 release or early 2007 but i wouldint hold my breath just yet

i heard that kotor 3 is supposed to have combat like the jedi knight series if that is true i would rlly enjoy the game more i think although since we dont even have a game confirmed yet i suppose im jumping the gun haha

Edited by jclark1675

Definately. Something different from the Ebon Hawk/Millenium Falcon approach. Maybe if were lucky we'll get a Republic/Sith cruiser to ourselves. Now that would be nice.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

it would be intersting to think that perhaps obsidian has been working on the story for k3 ever since k2

Yes, but the sorry state of K2 and the sudden lay-offs toward the end of its production at Lucasarts halted the development of a K3, and it has been in limbo ever since. At least as far as we know. Obsidian *has* expressed interest to do it, but the decision lies with Lucasarts, and they either haven't decided or else don't want to tell just yet. So there we are... Patience - for the jedi it is time to eat as well... :shifty:

perhaps k3 will become everything k2 was not i would rlly like to see the game feel a little more like k1 and the story line be a little more open ended

More open ended?!? :blink:

How much more open ended than K2 can a game being, seeing as how it had hardly any ending at all... :huh:

i heard that kotor 3 is supposed to have combat like the jedi knight series if that is true i would rlly enjoy the game more i think although since we dont even have a game confirmed yet i suppose im jumping the gun haha

All just speculation. We all follow the rumors pretty closely here, and though some have expressed a desire for that sort of thing, it's still just some fanboys' wet dreams and nothing more. There are certainly those here, who do not want that, and in truth I think it's unlikely to happen, since KotOR is based on d20 Star Wars tabletop RPG, which is inescapably turn-based.

Besides, K1 and K2 were both a success with turn-based combat, so why mess with it? That sort of choice usually just cost more of the fans that it wins in new customers.

Definately. Something different from the Ebon Hawk/Millenium Falcon approach. Maybe if were lucky we'll get a Republic/Sith cruiser to ourselves. Now that would be nice.

If we have just a few party members, like 3 or 4 (not inlcuding T3 and HK) it might be fun for everyone to have their own starfighter. Space battles could be fun, instead of the stupid turret mini game.

Are you joking? Either the game would be incredibly easy because you could just blow up every planet, or the game would be incredibly irratating because the devs thought it would be to easy, so they would only let you use the DS at certain times.

No Death Star. :) Palpatine made the mistake of building a second one, and look what happened to him. I know the Kotors are set long before the films, all I'm saying is the Death Star should be/have been unique.

While they're at it, get rid of swoop bike racing and shooting fighters from the Ebon Hawk. Except for Pazaak, mini-games were lame.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

No Death Star.  :shifty: Palpatine made the mistake of building a second one, and look what happened to him. I know the Kotors are set long before the films, all I'm saying is the Death Star should be/have been unique.

While they're at it, get rid of swoop bike racing and shooting fighters from the Ebon Hawk. Except for Pazaak, mini-games were lame.

Palpatine also made the mistake of trying to swing Luke, and not trying to kill him.

Had he killed him in the first place, the Death Star would still be living strong.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

swoop racing was fun but it needs to be a lil more like in star wars the phantom menace

I have been wondering a little more lately why lucas arts havent been pushing out the games that people really like they say they dont want to flood the market, but if they wait much longer the mass of people who will be buying video games will have changed and not many people will even remember knights of the old republic

i wonder why lucas arts hasnt told us why they arent developing kotor, well i hope that at e3 this year that will change just 1 more question when is e3?

Edited by jclark1675