Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords

I've really been looking forward to this :).  Galciv1 was an excellent game, and the developers really work hard on patches and improvements, so no worries that the game won't play well.

Any of you live near them?

We could give them too flowers or candy in the name of the Obsidian forum :p

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Too bad it doesn't have tactical battles like in MoO2 ;)

Becouse this is STRATEGY ONLY...but I suggested them to make more types of games in this universe. ;)

So, by him saying this, it states that I can control my ships whenever I'm attacking an opponent? That's what I meant if I didn't make it clear.

Too bad it doesn't have tactical battles like in MoO2 ;)

Becouse this is STRATEGY ONLY...but I suggested them to make more types of games in this universe. ;)

So, by him saying this, it states that I can control my ships whenever I'm attacking an opponent? That's what I meant if I didn't make it clear.

No, they were saying it doesn't have tactical battles. Which means that you don't directly give orders in combat. You just pick when and where.

Sounds great so far. Bummer about the lack of tactical combat though :(

It would have been nice if they had done it like Space Empires IV ;)

Edit: No tactical combat, whats the point of carefully designing your ships then ? ;)

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Your ships still fight each other based on their strengths and weaknesses. There are various armor types that are stronger against various weapons. Shields stop beam weapons, Armor stops mass drivers, and point defense stops missiles.

So you can't manuever your ships or anything like an RTS? Don't think that I don't enjoy Strategy games, I love the Civ series and was just wondering about the different aspects of the game because I'm really interested in this title. I've been reading reviews and looking over all the pictures and this title looks great. Would you compare the type of combat in this game to the combat in the Civ series then?

I would buy this for one of my friends, but am instead spending his birthday money on some Aladdin style curly slippers. They are superb.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, just got it and proceded to get my ass handed to me.

Unfortunatly, I'm not really sure how that happened. A tad frustrating, but I'll give it another go.

BTW, how the hell do you get trasnport ships? For invasions.

Well, just got it and proceded to get my ass handed to me.

Unfortunatly, I'm not really sure how that happened. A tad frustrating, but I'll give it another go.

BTW, how the hell do you get trasnport ships? For invasions.

First you need to research Planetary Invasion. The research path to get that goes Galactic Warfare, Space Militarization, Space Weapons and finally Planetary Invasion. After that you should be able to build transports on any planet that has a starport. :cool: