Bastila vs Mara Jade

Who wins teh fight?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins teh fight?

• Bastila
    • Mara Jade

Bastilla:ooohhhmmmmm (battle beditation)

Mara: Huh.... stupid idiot (smacks bastilla then starts kicking her while she's down)

Mara would put up a really good fight. Bastila is too much into following the rules. Plus, she believes in following the Jedi Code. 'No one deserves to die regardless of what they have done.' Mara will straight out kill with no hesitation.

Mara was the Emporer's Hand.

Bastila has Battrle Meditation.

Mara is like a bounty hunter on steriods.

Bastila is too afraid to get her hand dirty.

Mara never had a Jedi Master.

Bastila had a Jedi Master.

Mara is like Revan. She has war techniques, and believes in self preservation.

Bastila's too much of a princess.

Mara would own her, no contest.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Voted Bastila! She was one of the most powerful Jedi of her time who DID have training in the light and darkside, was bonded to Revan and could have been his or her apprentice. Even without her Battle Meditation, she was still a powerful Jedi. :( As for those who say Bastila was afraid to fight or get her hands dirty, they obviously haven't even played the game. :lol:" ;) Mara Jade was only ONE of the Emperor's Hands, although she was his favorite, and she didn't even recieve as much training as Bastila did in the force. She really wasn't all that powerful. Mara probably would have been killed by Blackhole anyway had she not been rescued.

As for the fight, here's how it would probably go:

Bastila and Mara fight

Bastila and Mara pause and wonder why they're fighting

Bastila and Mara make out

8)

Edited by Mothman

As for the fight, here's how it would probably go:

Bastila and Mara fight

Bastila and Mara pause and wonder why they're fighting

Bastila and Mara make out

:x

:thumbsup:

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

...Besides, no matter who Mara Jade was, or how good she was... Bastila has Revan. Revan would wipe the floor against any who stood in his way. So by default, Bastila wins. ;)"

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

...Besides, no matter who Mara Jade was, or how good she was... Bastila has Revan. Revan would wipe the floor against any who stood in his way. So by default, Bastila wins. :("

Mara would bitch slap Bastilla first of all. And you're forgetting who Mara has in her corner....Luke Skywalker. I don't think that Revan is wiping the floor with "THE Jedi Master"....so by default Mara wins by a landslide.

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

...Besides, no matter who Mara Jade was, or how good she was... Bastila has Revan. Revan would wipe the floor against any who stood in his way. So by default, Bastila wins. :-"

Mara would bitch slap Bastilla first of all. And you're forgetting who Mara has in her corner....Luke Skywalker. I don't think that Revan is wiping the floor with "THE Jedi Master"....so by default Mara wins by a landslide.

Pfft. Revan would *own* Luke. There is no comparision. :D

At the risk of sounding like a Revan fanboy... :ermm: Luke's a pansy. Revan would beat him, either as LS or as DS. Besides, Luke has this habit of jumping or falling down pits. Even if Revan has a habit of being captured and brainwashed... :-"

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I can see Revan's traits in Mara's personality. Mara's story is extensive. When she was the Emperor's Hand, she matched Luke pretty good in a fight. However, that was years ago. Now, she has even more experience in the force and war strategy.

Mara was an assassin, thug for hire, the Emporer's Hand, rouge and untrained padawan, and now a massively powerful Jedi with support. At one point in her history, Mara was in control of the Crimson Guard. She helped spread the Emperor's Will. If you read some of Zhan's most recent work, Mara is getting passed Luke's abilities. Luke keeps worrying about his wife's flash backs. I sense a distrubance in the Force. :ermm:

Bastila is too soft to deal with dirty work. She does have Battle Meditation, but she doesn't have enough experience to back her power up. Her Force Bond with Revan I have to question. Was she really Force Bond to Revan, or did she only have a temporary bond? I don't know.

When it comes to Force Bonds, Mara and Luke have scary moments. There are times that they are of one mind. Mara keeps slipping into his thoughts, and Lukes freaks out about his wife's ability. I get a chill just thinking about it.

I think this is a fun debate. Nice topic. :-

-I had to add this after reading a post-

Revan's cannon is lightside correct? Did Revan actually fall the darkside?

If Revan didn't fall to the darkside, Luke would be the only successfull recovering darksider. After he messed with the darkside, he was serious damaged. However, he still made a full recovery. :-

Edited by DarthMethos

I can see Revan's traits in Mara's personality. Mara's story is extensive. When she was the Emperor's Hand, she matched Luke pretty good in a fight. However, that was years ago. Now, she has even more experience in the force and war strategy.

Mara was an assassin, thug for hire, the Emporer's Hand, rouge and untrained padawan, and now a massively powerful Jedi with support. At one point in her history, Mara was in control of the Crimson Guard. She helped spread the Emperor's Will. If you read some of Zhan's most recent work, Mara is getting passed Luke's abilities. Luke keeps worrying about his wife's flash backs. I sense a distrubance in the Force.  :-

Bastila is too soft to deal with dirty work. She does have Battle Meditation, but she doesn't have enough experience to back her power up. Her Force Bond with Revan I have to question. Was she really Force Bond to Revan, or did she only have a temporary bond? I don't know.

When it comes to Force Bonds, Mara and Luke have scary moments. There are times that they are of one mind. Mara keeps slipping into his thoughts, and Lukes freaks out about his wife's ability. I get a chill just thinking about it.

I think this is a fun debate. Nice topic.  :p

-I had to add this after reading a post-

Revan's cannon is lightside correct? Did Revan actually fall the darkside?

If Revan didn't fall to the darkside, Luke would be the only successfull recovering darksider. After he messed with the darkside, he was serious damaged. However, he still made a full recovery.  :p

But Bastila has as much experience in war as well. She fought in the Jedi Civil, for crying out loud, and was trained as a Jedi ever since she was like five or six. And as I said, she was bonded with Revan, which is a permanent bond. The game makes that clear. Bastila was one of the most powerful Jedi of her time, the game makes that clear too. Even without Battle Meditation, she was still strong in the force. After the game, she was a much stronger character as well. Not just in the actual gameplay, but in the story as well. She was trained in both ways of the force and was an apprentice to Darth Revan himself. It's possible she would have been in a way an "emperor's hand" as well had she been given the time.

As for her being too soft to do any dirty work, did you even play the game or read any material on her? She has quite an extensive story too. Both sources make it clear that fighting the Sith with all her might was what she lived for in the game. Her character is a very headstrong, determined, yet inexperienced Jedi who devoted every fiber of her being to defeating the Sith to the point where her Jedi masters worried. And that was before she was trained in the ways of the dark side.

Edited by Mothman

^^^^^

You made my point for me, Bastila wasn't those things that Mara was. Bastila and Revan's bond was not permanate. If you understood KotOR II, when someone falls to the darkside, the bond between the two Jedi is broken. Revan was not Bastila's Master. They were and are considered equals.

My argument was not to convince anyone either way. However, your argument is to project who is right and wrong. Get over it. This is only a game. Your existance doesn't hang on the balance because of this game. Have some fun, and voice why you believe in the way you do. Don't try to convince people their opinion is wrong. Take a pill man. :cat:

^^^^^

You made my point for me, Bastila wasn't those things that Mara was. Bastila and Revan's bond was not permanate. If you understood KotOR II, when someone falls to the darkside, the bond between the two Jedi is broken.

Actually, I think that was specific to the Exile, who was after all unique in his ability to create powerful force bonds with others. I don't think the bond between Revan and Bastila was the same, especially since Revan basically uses it to redeem Bastila after she has fallen to the dark side...

Revan was not Bastila's Master. They were and are considered equals.

He was definitely her master in the DS ending of K1. But I digress...

Besides, it wasn't your point anyway, so just ignore me - I just like splitting hairs, I guess... :shifty:

^^^^^

You made my point for me, Bastila wasn't those things that Mara was. Bastila and Revan's bond was not permanate. If you understood KotOR II, when someone falls to the darkside, the bond between the two Jedi is broken.

Actually, I think that was specific to the Exile, who was after all unique in his ability to create powerful force bonds with others. I don't think the bond between Revan and Bastila was the same, especially since Revan basically uses it to redeem Bastila after she has fallen to the dark side...

Besides, it wasn't your point anyway, so just ignore me - I just like splitting hairs, I guess... :shifty:

Hehehe... :p

I thought they were equals. I must have missed something. Oh well, shoot me. :)

^^^^^

Hehehe... :p

I thought they were equals. I must have missed something. Oh well, shoot me. :)

Well, I guess Bastila was the stronger force user, but I also think she led a rather sheltered and insular life in the jedi order. Listening to her in K1, I get the impression she has some pretty lofty ideas and high opinions of herself (which is later exploited all too easily by Malak, which underscores her flaws). She also seemed to have not entirely realistic expectations of what life is. Note how she begins commanding people about after you "rescue" her on Taris, only to have Carth jump in and lecture her. He shouldn't need to lecture a jedi on such obvious points, which again underscores Bastila's somewhat unreaslitic perceptions and expectations. Not to mention her immaturity. Still, that was in K1. Can't say in K2 - she isn't in there much.

Mara Jade on the other hand has led a tough life and faced stark reality at every second through it. While Bastila was somewhat protected by the order, Mara would have been killed in an instant if her perceptions had been as flawed as Bastila's - you don't live long in the Emperor's service if you get things wrong... She was force sensitive, but not a jedi (and never sith) until much later. But she was a tough warrior even before she became a jedi. She'd be able to improvise instantly during a fight, while Bastila would rely heavily on her lightsaber and be at a loss for what to do, if something went wrong...