Movies you like that everyone else hates.

Oerwinde

Nudity and sex scenes is always a bonus.

Scarlet Johanssen is always a bonus. :devil:

Her name seems familiar, can't put a face on the name though.

Her cares about her face... or acting... :)"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You can see her fine posterior on the cover of this months Vanity Fair. Yummmmy

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I just think people are way too uptight about religious themes in movies. Religious stories have weathered the ages because they are timeless. Just because a movie has biblical symbolism doesn't mean you are suddenly going to become Christian or Jewish. I judge stories based on how well they are told, not whether they have religious undertones.

hunt for the red october

How can you hate The Hunt for the Red October? It's got Sean Connery! What more do you need in a movie? :p

Movies I Like that Everyone Else Hates:

Evolution

Super Mario Brothers

Hollow Man

Dog Soldiers

The Core

The Relic

I like most of those. Haven't seen the Relic or Dog Soldiers, but I've seen and enjoyed the others.

I can't believe anyone likes Super Mario Brothers.

Step one: Get drunk with a bunch of friends

Step two: Watch movie with a group of similarly drunk friends

Step three: Laugh your a** off, because the movie is just so stupid it's funny.

:-"

I liked Cable Guy.

Also, I really liked Vanilla Sky, but I don't think that was so popular.

Another movie I thought was pretty good was Dumb & Dumberer. I mean, going into it you know Jim Carrey is not going to be in it AND it's the sequel to a really stupid movie. What did people expect? I thought the Jim Carrey impersonator was really good.

There's a huge amount of movies that got a lot of praise that I despise. But that's another topic.

Edited by Fairplay

I can't really think of any, unless anyone dare to question 80's action movies.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just think people are way too uptight about religious themes in movies.  Religious stories have weathered the ages because they are timeless.  Just because a movie has biblical symbolism doesn't mean you are suddenly going to become Christian or Jewish.  I judge stories based on how well they are told, not whether they have religious undertones.

Speaking about movies with religious undertones... I'm still pissed they're cutting all the references to religion from the His Dark Materials movie. Which is about a war against God and the Church.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

hunt for the red october

How can you hate The Hunt for the Red October? It's got Sean Connery! What more do you need in a movie? :p

I dunno... Sean Connery does not necessarily equal greatness. Have you seen "The Avengers"? :o

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I dunno... Sean Connery does not necessarily equal greatness. Have you seen "The Avengers"? :(

It's hard to believe that a movie with both Uma Thurman and Sean Connery could suck that badly. A crime against the tv series :ph34r:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein