Movies you like that everyone else hates.

Oerwinde

So what are some movies you guys like but it seems like everyone else thinks you're a moron when you mention you like them? Some of mine are:

Last Action Hero, UHF, and Kung Pow! Enter the Fist

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My roommate is funny, whenever we get into an argument over whether or not a movie is good, he always brings up the fact that I own Last Action Hero as an argument against my taste in movies.

Then I bring up the fact that he owns Gigli.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

A few...

Cube http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/

Casper http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112642/

La Guerre Du Feu http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082484/

Not so sure about the last one. Only met two other people who've seen it. They hated it :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My girlfriend's mom LOVES the Cube series. I've never seen any of them.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Also it is placed on "Cult" shelf in my local Blockbuster.

Isn't "Cult" sort of an alternative definition for things that a few like very much and most don't ? :D

Anyway, I can only base it on personal experiences, not on some large scale gathering of empiric data :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So what are some movies you guys like but it seems like everyone else thinks you're a moron when you mention you like them? Some of mine are:

...Kung Pow! Enter the Fist

You know its a grand failiure when the original film they edited to pieces is both better AND funnier all by itself.

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

Bringing Out the Dead

I wouldn't advocate taking LSD, but I saw this movie in the theater on it and it was a great film. The visual effects used made alot of sense. My friends on the other hand seemed to be scared ****less

I've also seen that alot of people seem to think that waiting until one is really tired also has a similiar effect.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ravenous

It's a story about cannibalism.  I don't think anyone else has even seen the show, let alone enjoyed it.

I have. It's with Guy Pierce and that crazy Irish actor who played in Trainspotting, a bond vilain and some other stuff. Can't remember his name. He plays the cannibal of course.