Movies you like that everyone else hates.

Oerwinde

I have. It's with Guy Pierce and that crazy Irish actor who played in Trainspotting, a bond vilain and some other stuff. Can't remember his name. He plays the cannibal of course.

I notice a trend where N.Americans consistently confuse Scottish and Irish people. They may have been the same many centuries ago but that is far from the case now.

I liked Matrix Reloaded better than the original movie, but whenever I say that (which has gotten less frequent for that reason), people always tell me I'm wrong and that the sequels sucked...

They are right.

:-"

The defense rests... ;)

NOTE: I didn't say that I liked Matrix Revolutions, just Reloaded

I liked Matrix Reloaded better than the original movie, but whenever I say that (which has gotten less frequent for that reason), people always tell me I'm wrong and that the sequels sucked...

It depends what you want from a film, a thought-provoking film with a challenging undercurrent of tight philosophical grit told using a genuinely new cinematographic technique that was the resut of two people's combined mind-dump of their entire maturation, or an occidental kung-fu action film with Gucci costumes.

But I will defend your right to have a different opinion, regardless of how wrong it is!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It depends what you want from a film, a thought-provoking film with a challenging undercurrent of tight philosophical grit told using a genuinely new cinematographic technique that was the resut of two people's combined mind-dump of their entire maturation, or an occidental kung-fu action film with Gucci costumes.

But I will defend your right to have a different opinion, regardless of how wrong it is!

Gee, thanks... I think... ;)

I liked the Cube a lot. The sequels were terrible, but the original seemed fresh and cool at the time...I actually like the lower budget feel of it better than the slicker higher-budget of the sequels.

I think a lot of people didn't like The Transporter but I did. Can't think of a film that majority say they hate that I loved at the moment tho..usually it's the other way around. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

...Dragonheart...

I loved that movie. :)

Dungeons and Dragons.  :ph34r:

I'm not the only one? :blink:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Dungeons and Dragons.  :ph34r:

I'm not the only one? :blink:

They turn into sparkles... and fly away...

Also, the way I've seen people talk about Hook is like most people think its bad... but I have never met anyone who didn't like it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

They turn into sparkles... and fly away...

Also, the way I've seen people talk about Hook is like most people think its bad... but I have never met anyone who didn't like it.

That part aside...

And people don't like Hook? Who didn't like Hook? :blink:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

I have one...Little Nikita, a late-80's movie with Sidney Poiter & River Phoenix. It's totally predictable & tries to cross-appeal to kids/adults etc. - usually reviewed badly but I still like it. The appeal of River and Sidney carries it through for me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mortal Kombat is a good movie, no?

:ermm:

- Everlast

Mortal Combat is a good movie, no?

My friend Joe talked us into that movie, after that he was not afforded such responsibilities.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I hated Sin City. It reminded me of Max Payne, which I also hated. I guess I just don't like graphic novels. Bad similes, over-dramatized dialogue, and frustrating lighting.

My favorite movie that everyone else hates is the Final Fantasy one.