Feargus video interview

Llyranor

"Hey, Hades, HE said Diablo is an RPG... being a dev, I think he knows what he's talking about.."

Eh... Devs are cool; but they surely don't know everything.

If they did, we wouldn't have such trash like POR2 or DS being made.

Or 'slam dunks'.

Mr. U knows a lot; but that doesn't mean he knows everything... or that he's right all the time.

As for Diablo.. it may be labeled a RPG; but it's a piss poor one. Good action game though.

Diablo was an RPG. ;)

Feargus is the man. He has his own little fan club here.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

A 3.5 MegaREmake of Baldur's Gate/Tales of the sword coast/Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal would rock! :lol:

I don't see the point. Although I dont see the point in RPG remakes in general either.

The only exception would be FFV which is a game that I enjoy messing around with the system rather than the story. But if you remake a game with a same story,then there are no suprises and if you change the story too much, then it's no longer the same game.

If you do then on another platform, thats a different matter I guess but then in the case of the FF remakes for the GBA/DS they havnt changed greatly (even in the graphics) from the original.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think Feargus is just using a term commonly used by many people to describe the game.

I'm not sure how we can say we are the ones "in the right," when it's a minority of gamers that seem intent on making sure Diablo is referred to as an RPG.

The context of the comment indicates that Mr U. was showing the extremes of the spectrum of RPGs, at one end was mindless get-to-the-next-level focused combat games like Diablo, and at the other (of one of many axes, perhaps) was PS:T that was more focused on story and character development within.

His personal opinion of what constitutes an RPG was never revealed.

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Can anyone say "Neverwinter Nights Two" faster than Feargus?

don't know... but am sure that nobody could say "make fallout 3," slower than fergie.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Can anyone say "Neverwinter Nights Two" faster than Feargus?

don't know... but am sure that nobody could say "make fallout 3," slower than fergie.

HA! Good Fun!

:blink:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'd watch.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'm not sure how we can say we are the ones "in the right," when it's a minority of gamers that seem intent on making sure Diablo is referred to as an RPG.

What the hell are you talking about, Alan? The minority of players refuse to call Diablo an RPG? First of all, that's a hard fact to prove, but I'd claim the other way around. Most players, except for the hard-core RPG elite, seem to consider Diablo an RPG. Personally, I consider it an RPG. It's not an RPG in the way that some uber-leet, pretentious RPGers think of them, but it sure as hell has the trappings as far as I can tell. I get a kick out of your take on the industry most of the time, but you're plain offtrack on this one.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It's an RPG that focuses on character development as opposed to story development.

No, it's an action game masquerading as an RPG due to character development and concepts like classes and levels that many people think make it into an RPG only because they fail to realise that many RPGs don't have classes and levels at all.

It has some character development in the skill system, though, and it's fun for a while... But that doesn't make it an RPG. Nor does the fact that it has a plot.

It's an RPG that focuses on character development as opposed to story development.

Darque is a requirement for an rpg to be an rpg without darque it is not an rpg!

Feargus is flawed in the case of diablo in that it has neither darque which is required, and is not an RPG but a CRPG...

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Feargus? Isn't he the big meanie that didn't want the magic 8-ball in FO2?

Sure shows what he knows about RPGs... :D

hey, hey watch what you say, you are talking about the man here.

Well, they're the ones who wrote that into FO2. Go find the magic 8-ball and shake it about (with Luck 9+) for a while, if you don't believe me.