KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

An absolute must-- with boss characters and/or Dark Jedi Masters, just don't stop the action to have dialog. Make sure that the light sabers are crackeling and hissing during the dialog. Make the death of the boss characters more dramatic by showing dismemberment (I don't like gore, but come on this is a lightsabler battle limbs will come off). The fights need to last longer with the main bosses!

Yeah, I agree. It may sound gory, but we've seen sliced off body parts in every film. It's sort of expected. And D20 Star Wars rules do allow for it - just implement the Wounds rules. Who cares if the Sith lord loses the hand or even the head once he's down to negative vitality anyway?

They could tie it into "critical hits". Or misses. <_<

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

An absolute must-- with boss characters and/or Dark Jedi Masters, just don't stop the action to have dialog. Make sure that the light sabers are crackeling and hissing during the dialog. Make the death of the boss characters more dramatic by showing dismemberment (I don't like gore, but come on this is a lightsabler battle limbs will come off). The fights need to last longer with the main bosses!

Yeah, I agree. It may sound gory, but we've seen sliced off body parts in every film. It's sort of expected. And D20 Star Wars rules do allow for it - just implement the Wounds rules. Who cares if the Sith lord loses the hand or even the head once he's down to negative vitality anyway?

It's called an "T" rating. Dismemberment rules would chuck that right out the window.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

I'm far too lazy to read through about a bazillion pages of Kotor 3 material, but I've just finished the first two games recently, and I'm curious about a couple of things.

With no disrepect at all towards the folks working on the TSL restoration project -- I'm looking forward to playing that when it's ready -- I think that, for whatever reason :thumbsup:" there were questions left unanswered at the end of Kotor 2, so part 3 would have to take place soon after, and address those.

Question is, what connection should the new PC have to the first two games? Exile fought for Revan in the Mandalorian Wars, establishing that connection. We still dunno how Exile and Kreia ended up on the Ebon Hawk (right?), although T3-43 likely does.

EDIT: Oops. Didn't see the Poll. I vote (K).

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

That poll doesn't exist.

It'd be nice if the flourishes were expanded to include fancy variations on the same old moves when done during combat (no effect on the rules, just for show) it'd also be nice if there could be some dialogue (taunts and such) during battle from the other side.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

It's called an "T" rating. Dismemberment rules would chuck that right out the window.

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were rated T and they had dismemberment as an option. No blood though.

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were rated T and they had dismemberment as an option. No blood though.

So does that mean dismemberment would be okay in KotOR3?

Why not? More realistic. Attacking someone with a lightsaber, I would expect dismemberment. No?

And no blood makes it ok everywhere I think. Well, to have the T rating and not M.

You should be able to get by with a T as long as your not talking about "realisitc lightsaber-1" kind of dismemberment. Chopping things in half and heads flying all over the place.. Don't think that will fly.

If it happens in torture scene (like it would have in KOTOR II) then you will be in M terrirtory.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You should be able to get by with a T as long as your not talking about "realisitc lightsaber-1" kind of dismemberment. Chopping things in half and heads flying all over the place.. Don't think that will fly.

If it happens in torture scene (like it would have in KOTOR II) then you will be in M terrirtory.

Yes, it's perfectly okay to use force lightning on a captive woman, or to use force choke to crush the life out of someone, but it isn't okay to take their hand or head... :thumbsup:

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

(ShadowPaladin V1.0 @ Feb 27 2006, 02:41 PM)

was this cut content? If so could you elaborate?

One of the great things about Star Wars is that you never need to worry about using blood to make it realistic considering how lightsaber cauterize the wound and thus no blood. The problem would be with vibroblades but oh well. Say that they are lined with some material that prevents it from slicing and dicing people and getting blood all over your sparkling armor. :-

One of the great things about Star Wars is that you never need to worry about using blood to make it realistic considering how lightsaber cauterize the wound and thus no blood. The problem would be with vibroblades but oh well. Say that they are lined with some material that prevents it from slicing and dicing people and getting blood all over your sparkling armor. =]

Well, the cortosis weave of a vibroblade allows you to effectively use the weapon even against a lightsaber...

But I admit that I don't know what that means - it was just technobabble to me, when I first heard it in K1 :D

What was the rating on KotOR2?

As a matter of fact, what was it for KotOR1?

Um, I already said it was a T rating Jediphile.

I have one and only one want for KOTOR III, if they do this, I will purchase the game: Keep the current turn based D20 system. Do not go flirting with realtime nonsense, or half breed systems. You do this, I buy it on Launch day. You don't, I will rent it first and have a VERY skeptical view going in. (I've only ever managed to find two games I rented that I viewed worth buying. And both of them stiplulated to wait until they went platnium hits on Xbox.)

Very old news (over a year old now , so in game terms ancient).Might still be something in the cut content thread.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, cortosis is a material that cannot be cut by a lightsaber.

Actually I think technically a lightsaber coming into contact with cortosis is supposed to deactivate, but I imagine that was scrapped for playability.

Cortosis armor was probably cut for the same reason. :lol:

(ShadowPaladin V1.0 @ Feb 27 2006, 02:41 PM)

KotOR II featured a whole lot of cut content that a mod-team is trying to restore. Here's the website: Team-Gizka

And here's some of the many features restored:

-The long-lost HK Droid Factory (HK-47 sidequest)

-Several ways to murder Visas (During the meeting with Nihilus)

-A whole new group of people who want to kill you (Genohardean, this one will add alot of gameplay)

-Multiple endings (no, really, actual endings, what happends to your team-mates etc..)

-Various ways to be responsible for the deaths of all your party members (One will fight the love-interest at Malachor V: Atton vs. Disciple, Handmaiden vs. Visas--> Atton can sacrifice himself for the Exile and so on)

There's also a new Holocron sidequest at Dantooine, there will be new animations of people sparring/training in the force for those you taken as apprentices and so on...

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

When the Restoration boys get finished, (and I will be donating them some moeny for their time even if they make it a free download) it's going to be a whole new experience. Can I get a woot!

Be careful, even if you just donate them money, it is possible for things to get "bad." I have seen some mods get temporarily shut down because they accepted donations.

As for whether or not they make it a free download, well, I don't think they have much choice in the matter, unless Lucasarts makes a deal with them.

But I thought you didn't care for patching games?