KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Yeah, but you're getting them Jedis at level 15, not level 2.

Which still gives more than enough time for everones powers to overlap especially if you have the consulars.

My level 15/13 Consular/Jedi Master did not have 31 Force Powers, 12 of which were down their own unique path (i.e. I didn't even have the low level one).

If you have significant overlap, it's your own fault.

And that's with a level 28 character that also exploited the Hssiss bug to gain some levels. My first playthrough, which was still extensive though not exploiting finished my character at level 28 (the save game I just checked had her at level 28 while on Dxun).

Even with the consulars, the overlap can still be minimized. Moreso if you get them at a more normal level, as it means they will not need to spread out their powers as much as they can get the higher level powers quicker (since it's based on character level).

If you're making your Jedi at level 15, it is insanely easy to minimize overlap.

My level 15/13 Consular/Jedi Master did not have 31 Force Powers, 12 of which were down their own unique path (i.e. I didn't even have the low level one).

If you have significant overlap, it's your own fault.

And that's with a level 28 character that also exploited the Hssiss bug to gain some levels.  My first playthrough, which was still extensive though not exploiting finished my character at level 28 (the save game I just checked had her at level 28 while on Dxun).

Even with the consulars, the overlap can still be minimized.  Moreso if you get them at a more normal level, as it means they will not need to spread out their powers as much as they can get the higher level powers quicker (since it's based on character level).

If you're making your Jedi at level 15, it is insanely easy to minimize overlap.

You seem to be missing the point though you should not have to minimize overlap. That level of overlap should only occur if you want it to occur. And not because you have to purposefully choose other powers in order to avoid it happening.

If you have to take steps to avoid overlapping then something is wrong. As warriors , which is what they are, the characters should be effective. Purposefully gimping your characters is no different from power gaming with regards to roleplaying. Although in the case of powergaming you are seeking to exploit the system rather than avoid it's flaws.

You shouldnt have to exploit the Hissis bug to reach level 28.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You seem to be missing the point though you should not have to minimize overlap. That level of overlap should only occur if you want it to occur. And not because you have to purposefully choose other powers in order to avoid it happening.

It does occur only if you want it to occur.

If you have to take steps to avoid overlapping then something is wrong. As warriors , which is what they are, the characters should be effective. Purposefully gimping your characters is no different from power gaming with regards to roleplaying. Although in the case of powergaming you are seeking to exploit the system rather than avoid it's flaws.

Then that's a fault of the force power selection. I'd rather NOT be restricted in how I develop my characters. Furthermore, not overlapping your characters does not gimp them in KOTOR 2 anyways. I don't have to "take steps" to avoid overlapping anymore than you have to "take step" in order to overlap.

You shouldnt have to exploit the Hissis bug to reach level 28.

I exploited the Hssiss bug to hit level 28 at an earlier point of the game. When I finished at level 28, it was without a Hssiss exploit.

It does occur only if you want it to occur.

Then that's a fault of the force power selection.  I'd rather NOT be restricted in how I develop my characters.  Furthermore, not overlapping your characters does not gimp them in KOTOR 2 anyways.  I don't have to "take steps" to avoid overlapping anymore than you have to "take step" in order to overlap.

I exploited the Hssiss bug to hit level 28 at an earlier point of the game.  When I finished at level 28, it was without a Hssiss exploit.

It occurs anyway I shouldnt have to just chuck points into out of character skills just so they can level up. I never said overlapping gimps them. I said trying to avoid overlapping gimps them. Since your avoiding obvious things like three characters with force storm , or three characters with force wave etc.

Clearly because your about 8 levels below my average finishing level. Which likely explains why you didnt get the problem I did. Yes I could stop leveling, point is I shouldnt have to as long as I'm not exploiting a feature then the system should still allow variety.

Never bothered I always had more force powers than I knew what do with anyway.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It occurs anyway I shouldnt have to just chuck points into out of character skills just so they can level up. I never said overlapping gimps them. I said trying to avoid overlapping gimps them.

When did I say otherwise. Read what you quoted:

Furthermore, not overlapping your characters does not gimp them in KOTOR 2 anyways.

Clearly because your about 8 levels below my average finishing level.

I choose to not kill random respawns just for the hell of it. If you were finishing around level 36 every game, well, I'd figure you're lying. I can't possibly see how I missed 260,000 experience in the game when the only quests I had remaining were the broken ones. Not only that, but missed it multiple times (played through the game 4 times, only once exploiting hssiss). What secret level did you find?

Indeed I could and did.

Well. :rolleyes: Did you kill re-spawning enemies? I was level 33 at the end of the game. :'(

There are other ways to achieve godhood.

The mine extraction was a good one... Meh, you could leave the entire game on auto battle and you would still beat it... Being godlike isn't really all that great in KOTOR 2.

When did I say otherwise.  Read what you quoted:

I choose to not kill random respawns just for the hell of it.  If you were finishing around level 36 every game, well, I'd figure you're lying.  I can't possibly see how I missed 260,000 experience in the game when the only quests I had remaining were the broken ones.  Not only that, but missed it multiple times (played through the game 4 times, only once exploiting hssiss).  What secret level did you find?

Yes ? And I said it does and then gave reasons.

Maybe I went overboard on the Mandalorians, but if something was in my way I killed it. I didnt purposefully try to gain experience in any way.

478327[/snapback]

Yes ? And I said it does and then gave reasons.

No need validating it when I had already understood your point.

In any case, I'd rather not support lazy development to the point where they just create predetermined level paths for our characters.

I'd much rather they continue to give us the choice, and just make more appropriate force powers, or at least situations for them. It still doesn't change the fact that overlap is easy to avoid, and it does not gimp your characters. Given the insane power of the PC anyways there's not much you can do to gimp him.

Guest The Architect

How would you handle the fates of Revan and the Exile for K3?

A) Kill them both off

B) Play as Revan

C) Play as the Exile

D) Play half the game as the Exile, the other half as Revan

E) Limit them to minor cameo appearences

F) Both to make appearences but not be the main character or a party member

G) Don't kill them off, but don't make appearences either

H) Kill either Revan or the Exile off, but not both

I) Start as the Exile searching for Revan and when you find him/her, have them both as main characters with two different parties and ships

J) Having both Revan and the Exile as party members under a new main character

K) Give Revan and the Exile major roles, but not be the main character/s or PM's

L) Having Revan as the Main PC and the Exile as a party member with Revan...

M) Having the Exile as the Main PC and Revan as a party member with the Exile

N) Go a new main character in K3, have the Exile join your party 2/3's into the game and have Revan join your party 3/4's into the game...

O) Set K3 anywhere between 50-500 years after K2, so that Revan and the Exile are only mentioned briefly in dialogue, but you would have an opportunity to say what they did depending on what there genders and alignments were

I think I've covered all the options, if I have missed one, feel free to tell me what I've missed and I'll add it in. People might say, hey you've missed one how about they make K3 a prequel? Well how about no! K3 as a prequel is the worst possible thing that can happen, more terrible than them not making the game at all. Finish off the Revan/Exile story!

I included your vote astrOcreep

So the Latest Poll Standings Are...

I (31)

K (28)

F (15)

J (12)

A (7)

L (6)

B (4)

N (3)

M (3)

H (3)

D (2)

G (1)

C (1)

E (1)

Edited by The Architect

How would you handle the fates of Revan and the Exile for K3?

A) Kill them both off

B) Play as Revan

C) Play as the Exile

D) Play half the game as the Exile, the other half as Revan

E) Limit them to minor cameo appearences

F) Both to make appearences but not be the main character or a party member

G) Don't kill them off, but don't make appearences either

H) Kill either Revan or the Exile off, but not both

I) Start as the Exile searching for Revan and when you find him/her, have them both as main characters with two different parties and ships

J) Having both Revan and the Exile as party members under a new main character

K) Give Revan and the Exile major roles, but not be the main character/s or PM's

L) Having Revan as the Main PC and the Exile as a party member with Revan...

M) Having the Exile as the Main PC and Revan as a party member with the Exile

N) Go a new main character in K3, have the Exile join your party 2/3's into the game and have Revan join your party 3/4's into the game...

O) Set K3 anywhere between 50-500 years after K2, so that Revan and the Exile are only mentioned briefly in dialogue, but you would have an opportunity to say what they did depending on what there genders and alignments were

I think I've covered all the options, if I have missed one, feel free to tell me what I've missed and I'll add it in. People might say, hey you've missed one how about they make K3 a prequel? Well how about no! K3 as a prequel is the worst possible thing that can happen, more terrible than them not making the game at all. Finish off the Revan/Exile story!

I included your vote astrOcreep

So the Latest Poll Standings Are...

I (31)

K (28)

F (15)

J (12)

A (7)

L (6)

B (4)

N (3)

M (3)

H (3)

D (2)

G (1)

C (1)

E (1)

put me down for K and hopefully mayb "I" will be taken of the top spot

Edited by eras jast

More focus on ataining that star wars feel.

Even deaper stories for party members.

More complicated dialogue options.

please dont make the game real time, if it aint broke dont fix it, dont trade strategy for action.

free flowing robes

anybody ever played top-spin the character face creation was very good how about something like that.

Edited by eras jast

I think part of the problem that Shadow is talking about could be solved with having forking feat and power trees...very few 1st level, forking out into more second level, and forking out into 3rd level...this would introduce some opportunity costs with Force users and the end result would be more diversity in who these people are and what they can do.

Guest The Architect

Will do eras jast...

The Latest Poll Standings Are...

I (31)

K (29)

F (15)

J (12)

A (7)

L (6)

B (4)

N (3)

M (3)

H (3)

D (2)

G (1)

C (1)

E (1)

I think Plano is on the right track. If you look at Diablo, then you could create some very distinct templates from within the same class (same powers list)

Even if you look at some of the feats of KOTOR II , they go some way to making the characters more individual.

478327[/snapback]

I don't think Diablo 2 is a very good example (I assume you mean Diablo 2 and not Diablo 1) for distinct templates. How many people actually play Elemental Druids. And the last time I played Hammerdins were coming out of the woodwork.

In Hardcore it gets even worse, with every sorceress being cold spec. Barbs were all frenzy barbs. There was no such thing as an assassin. It was much worse to find out that by the time you got to hell, no one wanted to party with you because you were a fire sorceress. Though I guess Barbarians won't ever get to cast spells (though that wasn't the case in the original Diablo). There's no overlap between classes, but is it really much better when everybody of a particular class is a carbon copy of each other?