Malak Vs. Vader

I don't think Vader could use froce lightning because of armor restriction, he-he :o Well, this is the conon statement, at least.  No matter he would still win, but with some dificulties.

He dosnt seem to be able to cope with lightning very well and since its an attack that never misses I'd say he's getting crispified again. If the rebels were smart they would have used a squadron of ion equipped soldiers on him :D

Vader mostly focused on choke rather than lightning

hi.

Vader mostly focused on choke rather than lightning

I think Malaks immune, at least I could never get one to stick. Kind of funny (actually didnt occur to me till ealier) that Vader would die if you shot him with an Ion beam. I guess thats why he always waited till the stormtroopers had cleaned up before starting any interigations (like in EP IV).

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

but what about a siberian tiger v. a grizzly bear?

goofs.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I will say one thing for Malak, he found a way to get rid of his master while Vader didn't do anything against the Emperor.

Pfft, what are you talking about? Malak didn't kill his master, yet Vader killed the Emperor. :p

Malak set up Revan, removing Revan from power, thus Malak took the title Sith Lord. Vader tossed the Emperor over the edge as a result of saving Luke, and died for it.

Edited by Gabrielle

Malak was cool, but he was a pansy when it came to a fight. If he didn't have a continuing source of vitality I would have killed him in 30 seconds instead of two minutes. [/slight exxageration]

That said, you can't really compare the Vader of episode 3 to Malak, because when you meet Malak he's at the height of his *cough* powers. In episode 3 Vader was newly come to the dark side. Have them face off when he's also at the height of his power as well, and he'd win -- no contest.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

He killed an arthritic Dooku who could barely grip a lightsaber.

Come on... The character of Count Dooku was still in remarkable shape, even though he was over 80. Yes, Christopher Lee has terrible arthritis, and old age has already caught up to him, but these movies do require a suspension of the belief of truth.

Obi Wan chopped him into pieces while he was supposedly at the peak of his power.

Recklessness did him in. Had he simply ridden that platform off to another area of the embankment, and disembarked, who knows? Obi Wan matched up well with him, since his strongly defensive style was able to make Vader waste all of that energy.

The Jedi order was a couple of kids and apprentices. All the real Jedi were killed by clone troopers out in the field.

True, but there were some remarkable kills by Vader included Keto, as well as Cin Drallig, in addition to the Dark Woman. Those folks weren't exactly chopped liver. He did some of those kills after he was crippled.

Back to the topic:

Vader, prior to being de-limbed, would have defeated Malak, no question. The only question as to whether or not a crippled Vader could beat Malak would come down to whether or not he could block Malak's Force Lightning. If he could block the lightning, then Vader would win.

His suit was exceptionally vulnerable to Force Lightning, but since only one individual could use it during his time, it was of no consequence until the end.

True even if Malak wasnt smart he was cunning.

Just about anybody was smarter than Malak. He got tricked by Revan, he got tricked by the Jedi, he got tricked by the player character... anybody except perhaps Darth Bandon was smarter than Malak :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Malak wouldn't stand a chance. He was too cowardly to take on Revan one on one, Vader wouldn't hesitate to mop the floor with Malak.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

How DID Obiwan managed to cut off 3 limbs off of Darth Vader with one slash of his lightsaber?

I think there might have been a second swordsman...  :ph34r: 

Vader would kick Malak's butt.

'Vader' is similar to Malak. It can be that Anakin is Malak reborn, to have a second chance.

IB1OsQq.png

Vader was trying a 1 1/2 twist and ...well... failed to stick the landing.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

How DID Obiwan managed to cut off 3 limbs off of Darth Vader with one slash of his lightsaber?

I think there might have been a second swordsman...  :ph34r: 

Vader would kick Malak's butt.

Came across the top of the arm as Anakin jumped them followed through across the legs completing the stroke.

Not possible with a real sword since the bone would probably mean you could only get through the arm and possibly part of the leg. Not a consideration with a lightsaber though.

I think people seriously overestimate Vader if judged purely from the films.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Same here. Although it's an odd stroke since a killing blow is really easy at that point. I think thats why It came across as artifical (to me) more so they could make the story fit together.

Vader never beat Obi Wan anyway and Obi put up an amazing fight against Grevious , so yep I'd say his skills are definately under appreciated.

478327[/snapback]

Same here. Although it's an odd stroke since a killing blow is really easy at that point. I think thats why It came across as artifical (to me) more so they could make the story fit together.

Vader never beat Obi Wan anyway and Obi put up an amazing fight against Grevious , so yep I'd say his skills are definately under appreciated.

Well technically Vader does kill Obi. However it was more like suicide on Obi's part. And how does Obi become more powerful than Vader could ever imagine?

Well technically Vader does kill Obi. However it was more like suicide on Obi's part. And how does Obi become more powerful than Vader could ever imagine?

Oh he kills him, but he never beats him. Obi Wan dies because if he didnt then Luke and the others wouldnt escape.

Plus he knows how to become a force ghost so he's not so much dying as morphing into something else which can get around a lot easier.

Because Obi Wan is there at key points in Lukes story.

It's Obi who enables Luke to destroy the Death Star.

It's Obi who leads Luke to Han Solo when he's freezing to death.

478327[/snapback]