Updated Dragon Age site

Morgoth

Sounds a bit over the top, but hopefully it will deliver.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I am expecting tha game to be a plain white box with "Fantasy CRPG" in bold black letters written on it.

In gothic letters ofcourse, remember if it ain't in GOTHIC letters, then it's not "tr00" enough to the fantasy realm :-

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It seems to be just another Tolkienesque CRPG with a toolset.  If I am bored with Oblivion and NWN 2 by the time of release I will most likely will get it.

What's this moaning about Tolkienesque or not? Oblivion and NWN2 (FR) seem to look more Tolkien-loaded than it ever can get....

Yet you seem to accuse DA as "Tolienesque" because the logo doesn't look like a cyberpunk-medieval-japanese crap flick... That doesn't mean the setting/story will be like LotR. Give those Biowarians a chance! :-

Edited by Morgoth

Last time I checked, Bioware was known for those kind of stories... :-

Which fantasy game doesn't have to some degree Tolkien in mind anyway?

Doesn't matter, because a Bio approach of adventures, coin, grumpy dwarfes and ph4t l00t is still 1000 times better packaged than your obvious LotR - Oblivion!

I've never though so, but lots of people to do... So, fair enough.

I'm looking forward to both Oblivion and Dragon Age, although news is still pretty scarce regarding Dragon Age. No set date yet, of course.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

...then descend into the halls of a dwarven kingdom...

That will please the forum dwarfophiles. You know who you are! :-

Ferelden: a name that just screams 'generic'. :rolleyes:

That said, I'm optimistic. A PC RPG in development is a rare and precious thing. Go Bioware! :-

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What's wrong with my brain? No matter which link I click on, the gamepage that follows reminds me of Gothic! :ph34r:

Either I'm suffering from Gothic-itis (lack of good Gothic-type games, very serious condition) or everyone's inspired by Piranha Bytes' masterpieces. Or maybe it's just that they're all so damn generic that I can't tell them apart..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What's wrong with my brain? No matter which link I click on, the gamepage that follows reminds me of Gothic!  :ph34r:

Either I'm suffering from Gothic-itis (lack of good Gothic-type games, very serious condition) or everyone's inspired by Piranha Bytes' masterpieces. Or maybe it's just that they're all so damn generic that I can't tell them apart..

I'm going with fanboitis, and Gothic is hardly a masterpiece.

I am expecting tha game to be a plain white box with "Fantasy CRPG" in bold black letters written on it.

From the dev comments about it I must agree.

I just seems to be NWN-lite is my impression so far.

This is biowares last chance at self redemption in my eyes. If they cant pull out a decent story in a full game this time around I am all done with them.

I am not going to buy it unless I see overwhelming praise for the story.

Edited by Rhomal

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

The problem is that you're assured to have some folks praise the story no matter what.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The question is not quality. Quality wise the story of Bioware's games are better than average in most cases with a notable exception for NWN 1 OC. The problem is that they tend to follow a formula, a formula that they have used several times, though refined, it has become tiresome.

Bioware needs to break the formula and to do a more innovative story in their games. They need to overall themes and plot structure to be different. They have followed the same basic story structure in NWN 1 OC, kotOR, and Jade Empire which now it looks like they are doing so again with Dragon Age.

They think that this formula writing is what has made their games a success. It isn't.

From the dev comments about it I must agree.

I just seems to be NWN-lite is my impression so far.

This is biowares last chance at self redemption in my eyes. If they cant pull out a decent story in a full game this time around I am all done with them.

I am not going to buy it unless I see overwhelming praise for the story.

I can see the Bioware Board of Directors short-selling their options now at the mere thought of upseting you ... :rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT