Jade Empire Is A Big Fat Financial Failure!!!

Volourn

Until I see actual figures such as "number of units sold" everything is pure speculation. I remain skeptical.

RTFT

I dont think they reduced the price too much. Here are the NPD numbers for USA, i dont have august because i was on holyday

April

XBX JADE EMPIRE LIMTED ED $5,128,764 103,446

XBX JADE EMPIRE $4,812,583 96,454

May

XBX JADE EMPIRE $1,235,291 25,293

XBX JADE EMPIRE LIMTED ED $1,076,697 21,832

June

XBX JADE EMPIRE $497,095 10,615

XBX JADE EMPIRE LIMTED ED $608,808 13,851

July

XBX JADE EMPIRE $305,140 9,868

XBX JADE EMPIRE LIMTED ED $333,287 10,848

September

XBX JADE EMPIRE $182,625 6,442

XBX JADE EMPIRE LIMTED ED $193,241 6,508

October

XBX JADE EMPIRE $81,501 3286

XBX JADE EMPIRE LIMTED ED $117,107 4593

Limited: $7,457,904 161,078 (average $46.3)

Normal: $7,114,235 151,958 (average $46.:(

Total: $14,572,139 313,036 (average $46.6)

For comparison, as of June 2005, Kotor2 Xbox sold 625,637 copies in the US (which is half as good as Kotor1).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Interesting chart. $14 mil made? For some reason I doubt it took $14 mil to make.

On top of this, it had been annnounced that JE had sold 500k+ units (I presume as opposed to the numbers in the thread this is for world wide numbers which would explain the decrepancy) and that was about 6 months into release. BIO, and MS have stated quite clearly that they are satisifed with its sales, and general financial success. MS has already announced JE2 though BIO is sitll playing coy.

I'll take their word over those calling those companies liars without hardcore proof.

That chart, at least, if accurate, at least is semi hard numbers so I commend Mr. Draikin. :lol:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'd recommend you go back to the page (six: <{POST_SNAPBACK}>, iirc) which has the discussion surrounding these figures for a full analysis of other factors.

Needless to say that your wildly optomistic conclusions are not supported in this universe. :lol:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Which universe is that? The Universe of 'We Hate BIO because they're not Obsidian?' universe.

Again, I'll take BIO and MS' (espicially MS since they're *all* about the profit) word over a bunch of namby pamby conjecture. No offense intended. :)

P.S. I read the entire thread as I am oft to do when I make a thread. :lol:"

The universe where magical Volo doesn't just tack "$14M" onto a sentence and say it is a logical consequence of the last sentence.

E.g.: "I like traffic lights." + "$14M"

Therefore the traffic lights cost $14 million OMFG! :lol:

LOLOLOLLIPOP

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Not quite. I said I doubt it did. The word doubt should cue into the fact that I am admitting I don't know for sure (duh!).

P.S. Everytime someone uses one of my lame 'catchphrases' (espicially the ones thata rne't mine like R00fles!) I laugh at how much power I have over your brains!! :lol:

Edited by Volourn

Oh crap, spamalicius gone overboard.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Last time when we had this conversation someone found David Gaider quote where he said modern rpgs cost about $10-15 mil to make. In the quote he referred to games like Dragon Age(and some others which I can

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Interesting chart. $14 mil made? For some reason I doubt it took $14 mil to make.

That's because you don't know anything about game development.

Last time when we had this conversation someone found David Gaider quote where he said modern rpgs cost about $10-15 mil to make. In the quote he referred to games like Dragon Age(and some others which I can

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT