Hardest boss fight

Who, do you think, was the hardest boss to defeat in both K1 and K2?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who, do you think, was the hardest boss to defeat in both K1 and K2?

• Malak
    • Traya
    • Sion
    • Nihilius
    • Uthar Wynn
    • Darth Bandon
    • Tank Droid
    • Bastila
    • 3 Star Forge Dark Jedi
    • Greater Storm Beast

Lets cut out the "chat" type bantering.

You have to be kidding me, that's half the appeal of one of these, is the ability to chat with each other on a subject at a pace even my father's typing can keep up with . :huh:

As far as boss fights.... A defensively stacked Watchman has no "hard" fights in this game.... Just fights in which it takes a while for the other guy to die. (I tend to build Watchmen that cannot be hit by anyone short of rolling a twenty, and have UBER vitality just in case. )

The hardest area in either KOTOR game is the run up to Bastila on the Star Forge. On xbox, (I assume it's the same on PC) it spawns fresh enemies constantly, at the rate of five-ish every three seconds. So unless you had Master speed one all three party members, they spawned faster than you could kill them. (Poor Jolee bit the bullet quite often and got left to be force spawned up at party location.)

Edited by SSgtSniper

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

Some of these aren't "true" bosses, but still put up a fight. The hardest for me was the Greater Strom Beast because he almost always knocked me out on the first hit as an LSer.

Id say for a single fight, Malak was the hardest BUT the entire Acadamy was still harder then the entire Star Forge was.

Malak was hard, but part of it was because my first two characters were really unbalanced. Still, even with a balanced PC Malak was challenging, unlike any of the K2 bosses.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Guest The Architect

Malak was easier than a rakghoul, Traya was easier than a Sith Assassin, Sion was easier than a Selkath, Nihilus, bah! I've fought harder kinrath's, Uthar Wynn was a pushover, Darth Bandon was a sissy, that Tank Droid isn't even worthy of being considered challenging, Bastila is the weakest, I fought harder Kath Hounds, and those 3 Star Forge Dark Jedi were a cakewalk. And those Greater Storm Beast's are pathetic. I think Vrook was the most challenging opponent so far in the KOTOR Series.

Traya was a pain at first, when I played my first game. I kept getting killed. Good thing i save before encountering end bosses, because I thought of some strategy to beat her. I set up mines around the walkway and ran from her. I would use force storm until her health was getting bad than I would melee attack her. I did the same against those lightsabers.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

*sniff* Bastila was the hardest fight. I kept itching to tell her I would cut her down for her insolence. Psychologically, I think my LSM Revan had the hardest time with her.

"Come back to the light!"

"I don't wanna! Darkness is better!"

"Damnit, I *so* want to Force Choke you right now, you spoilt, arrogant, little Jedi Princess!"

"huh? that's not in the script..."

"It is now! *slap*. I promised your mother I'd look after you! What would she say if she saw you now? After all those lectures about the Darkside, how *dare* you fall so easily?!"

*ahem* Anyway. Uh yeah. Bastila was the toughest to face because my finger kept having urges to slip and choose the "wrong" response.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Moved to spoilers since some of the content is of that.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Malak. His saber skill was too much most of the time. I was a DS Sentinel with no heal. I had to use stacks of medkits and such.

If you're LS, you can free the Jedi using Force Breach. It's useful power to have late in the game, what with a lot of Dark Jedi using Force Resistance and Malak using Force Immunity.

Traya was probably second. She would spam Force Wave sometimes and make a complete fool of me. Force Crush worked on the sabers, though.

The Tank Droid never caused me to die (I think) but without piles of grenades, I'd never have beaten it. Ever.

The Greater Storm Beast? Was that in the Onderon Palace or on Malachor? Either way, it can't stand up to force powers.

Edited by Tha Cunnysmythe

there was one time with traya where she owned me in fricken 5 seconds. right after finishing talking to her she force chokes me doing 130 points of damage each time and then drains me as I'm choking and I went down like nothing which was strange cause other times I fought her with that character I could beat her pretty easily. It's going to be interesting seeing how I fare against her with my sentinel/jedi master build.

"Most Difficult" is a relative term. Enemies that you would have easily quashed as a fully powered Jedi can be murderous when you actually face them as a neophyte.

I'd say that the most difficult boss to fight was the Sith Governor on Taris. Most of us probably held back on levelling up, which made the fight even more difficult. He's a tough nut to crack, and the fact that he can hit you lots of times with that double bladed vibroblade, and inflict critical hits fairly frequently, makes him one mean SOB. Then, there's the fact that he does have Force powers.

You don't have any Mandalorian Melee shields at that phase of the game, and only one of you can wear Brejik's armband / belt combo.

Easiest is the Tank Droid. I just set mines where he appears after he walks out the door. By the time I get back to leave Telos he's in a million parts and pieces.

Hardest? Kreia and her lightsabers. Haven't quited formulated the ideal mine locations for it tho...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Alot of people forget about much tougher enemies like Selven.

Selven wasn't all that tough but sometimes early (player at Level 3) fights could cause trouble.

Other than that I think Bendak Starkiller is the toughest if you're not a Strength-build (10 or 12) or any below level 6 or so.

All later bosses can be killed without using any items so I put my vote on Bendak :thumbsup:

EDIT: From the list the only 'tougher' ones are Traya and Malak because of the amount of damage they can do especially Traya's lightsabers against which you cannot defend yourself like against gaffi sticks LOL (Malak at Star Forge of course - at Leviathan he's a joke).

Edited by Darth Kavar

Yeah, I think Vrook was the hardest fight in the games. He constantly used force heal, and never seemed to run out. It took me 6 reloads and 42 minutes just to beat him on my first run through.

Man, don't you wish you could erase your memory like Revan and play the games again!? I love the suspence the games keep over you!

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

Vrook beat me the first time, so I reloaded the saved game. I put mines in the area where he would be, did the fight with the mercs and when Vrook finally confronted me, he charge at me setting off all of the mines on himself. After that he was an easy kill.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

hes easy if your lightside you just need saber throw

or the stun droid series. That'll free the trapped jedi so that Malak can't use them without sucking the force from them. :lol:

EDIT: For some reason I thought I was posting a couple of posts under this guy. He was talking about killing Malak.

Edited by Cassidy

"Destroy" droid series is very effective for the Star Forge. Half the life on that "ship" is droids.

Happy Gabrielle?? <_<

Edited by DarthVala

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus