Gun

Gabrielle

I was wondering about this game, also.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's a pretty basic "shoot everything" type of game.  After an hour of killing Indians, I actually quit and never picked it up again.

Instead of being called a hack and slash, it could be called a shoot and kill game. I have yet to play it and am curious myself to see how good it is. So far it does not sound very interesting.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I played it for an hour or so on the ps2, and thought that it was ok- graphically it looked nice (not state of the art, but still nice), the combat was a bit different (though i haven't played it enough to know if I like it or not- but combat isn't really that important to me anyways)- especially the combat on a horse, and (importantly for me) the what i saw of the story made me want to play more. The voice acting, as you'd expect from the cast, was quality. The controls however, even with the idiot-proof PS2 controller, felt like big, heavy lead-coated wooden blocks, though you get used to that.

Basically its a Western (complete with horsies!), with a GTA feel to it, but I thought there was enough new and different stuff to nicely distance it from GTA.

Would I buy it? No. Despite being good and having a character sufficiently like a Spaghetti Western era Clint Eastwood, there are other games I'd rather buy first.

Edited by Darth Somethingorother

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

I thought it was really good, then five hours later it was over.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I liked it and all, but it was short, and the side quests just...well, they were either fed-ex in nature (Pony Express) or "go kill this" (Wanted posters+Sheriff+U.S. Marshal). The story, on the other hand, short as it was, still held my attention throughout the entire game.

VO was great...and I didn't recognize the voices as belonging to particular people...maybe because I've never seen the cast list before.

Controls=Clunky, but you learn them well enough after a while of play time.

Graphics=Bit dated, but still decent...odd problems though where the entire level would disappear on me though. :ermm:

Music=Westerny.

Gameplay=Entertaining; especially capping some ugly S.O.B. in the head with those sweet dual revolvers.

Replay Value=Slim to nill, as the game's quite linear.

7 or an 8 on my scale. Which means absolutely nothing! >_<

Oh, and...

HORSIES!!!

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I liked it and all, but it was short, and the side quests just...well, they were either fed-ex in nature (Pony Express) or "go kill this" (Wanted posters+Sheriff+U.S. Marshal). The story, on the other hand, short as it was, still held my attention throughout the entire game.

VO was great...and I didn't recognize the voices as belonging to particular people...maybe because I've never seen the cast list before.

Controls=Clunky, but you learn them well enough after a while of play time.

Graphics=Bit dated, but still decent...odd problems though where the entire level would disappear on me though.  :ermm:

Music=Westerny.

Gameplay=Entertaining; especially capping some ugly S.O.B. in the head with those sweet dual revolvers.

Replay Value=Slim to nill, as the game's quite linear.

7 or an 8 on my scale. Which means absolutely nothing!  >_<

Oh, and...

HORSIES!!!

there are not many western -horse stealer games novadays...so it should be fun :D

IB1OsQq.png

I actually thought the controls were fine.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I actually thought the controls were fine.

Just felt sluggish and a bit inaccurate to me...then again, I'm an avid FPS player, so that may have contributed.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

it's short and some of the bosses feel insane until you find the ONE way to beat em....

I didn't find the controls on the computer to be THAT bad. only thing that bothered me was having to hit control every time I wanted to swap my "other" gun (Other than pistol which is always equipped).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I got it for like, 25 dollars at the Walmart.

Nothing too remarkable about this game. Which also means it isn't remarkably bad.

AOL Keyword: Meh.

only thing that bothered me was having to hit control every time I wanted to swap my "other" gun (Other than pistol which is always equipped).

That's actually a security measure, you see. You wouldn't want your "other" gun popping out accidentally in the middle of a firefight, now would you? post-14404-1137256861.gif

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.