KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

The option of becoming a Jedi should be there but not a forced option

that would be cool

I agree with this also. Though, the PC should be a force user (for story signifiance and such).

force sensitive :lol:

Can't people use the force without having to be a Jedi or Sith? (Knows nothing about SW)

that would be cool

I agree with this also. Though, the PC should be a force user (for story signifiance and such).

force sensitive ;)

Can't people use the force without having to be a Jedi or Sith? (Knows nothing about SW)

Technically they could. Jedi and Sith are titles, ranks within an order. You know, like Mensa. :D

that would be cool

force sensitive :wub:

Yes, they can. They're called Force Adepts.

Chodo Habat, the leader of the Ithorians on Citadel station at Telos, was one in K2. "Grey" jedi are still jedi, though, not Sith nor force adepts. They're just jedi who don't adhere strictly to the conventions of the jedi code.

that would be cool

Chodo Habat, the leader of the Ithorians on Citadel station at Telos, was one in K2. "Grey" jedi are still jedi, though, not Sith nor force adepts. They're just jedi who don't adhere strictly to the conventions of the jedi code.

So, if a person is a force adept yet chooses not to mass murder everything in sight, that automaticly makes them a "Grey" jedi? Sounds pretty stupid.

that would be cool

force sensitive :ninja:

So, if a person is a force adept yet chooses not to mass murder everything in sight, that automaticly makes them a "Grey" jedi? Sounds pretty stupid.

"Grey" refers to the alignment. Dark = Evil & Light = Good. You could be a dark force adept but not a Sith, because Sith is a title earned within the Sith Order.

No, I must have given the wrong impression. Sorry about that.

A force adept is a force adept. He is neither jedi nor sith, but neither does he have any of their specific powers or more potent connection to the force. This was true of Chodo Habat.

Jolee, however, is a grey jedi, because he doesn't follow the jedi code strictly. But he's still a jedi, not a force adept or a sith.

And both jedi, sith and force adepts are all force sensitives, since they have connection to the force.

Edited by Jediphile

that would be cool

"Grey" refers to the alignment. Dark = Evil & Light = Good. You could be a dark force adept but not a Sith, because Sith is a title earned within the Sith Order.

Yes, there are a lot of force-users who aren't jedi/sith: priests, Wizards, sages, druids, witches, prophet...ect :ninja:

IB1OsQq.png

I think factions are the key to the whole "Jedi" thing in this era.

This is a pretty feudal era and really should not be about just Jedi and Sith.

There should be splinter groups that call themselves Jedi (but are not the officially-recognized Jedi Order) and there should be more than one Dark Side cult (the Krath, for instance).

Now, the question comes with regard to someone who starts off as a Force Adept but does not wish to join any faction. Can he still win the game?

I would say yes but it should be much harder. He is, essentially, a "wild mage" who learns intuitively. He has the potential of surpasing formally-trained Force Adepts (because all factions encourage and discourage certain things) but he generally has to depend on the Ithorian priests and other lesser-known mentors and probably has to pay credits to get the training on a one-off basis.

As much as I like the idea of a non-Force endgame, I really can't see it in KOTOR.

One way or the other, your PC comes into focus with the Force and you win the game with a lightsaber in your hand. There is no way around that in KOTOR, IMO.

I would say yes but it should be much harder. He is, essentially, a "wild mage" who learns intuitively. He has the potential of surpasing formally-trained Force Adepts (because all factions encourage and discourage certain things) but he generally has to depend on the Ithorian priests and other lesser-known mentors and probably has to pay credits to get the training on a one-off basis.

You know what?

This is the absolute best idea I have read in this never ending topic.

I absolutely love the idea.

You know what?

This would be great becouse: so many of the players get know the other possible force-user variants, not just ther Jedi/Sith....and there is a great costumizing possibility for a Force Adept (being a Wizard, a Wild Mage, Priest, and all that)

IB1OsQq.png

You know what?

This would be great becouse: so many of the players get know the other possible force-user variants, not just ther Jedi/Sith....and there is a great costumizing possibility for a Force Adept (being a Wizard, a Wild Mage, Priest, and all that)

Also possibly using the force in non traditional ways... Like Kreai mentioned in KOTOR 2... Being a Pilot, Mechanic, diplomat... the possibilities are wonderful.

Most of you do not want to start off as Jedi .. thats fine, however most Jedi were trained (young) not in their 30s.... or 20s for that matter. The guy who is just getting trained at 18, 20 years old (Luke Skywalker) theme is getting old for me. But a 16 or 18 year old force adept in the beginning is not unreasonable. Also more areas in Nar Shaddaa to explore... and a working and non buggy Jekk Jekk tar bar.

Most of you do not want to start off as Jedi .. thats fine, however most Jedi were trained (young) not in their 30s.... or 20s for that matter.  The guy who is just getting trained at 18, 20 years old (Luke Skywalker) theme is getting old for me. But a 16 or 18 year old force adept in the beginning is not unreasonable. Also more  areas in Nar Shaddaa to explore... and a working and non buggy Jekk Jekk tar bar.

So we just simply have to start as a kid...and thats fine with me :blink:

IB1OsQq.png

Most of you do not want to start off as Jedi .. thats fine, however most Jedi were trained (young) not in their 30s.... or 20s for that matter.  The guy who is just getting trained at 18, 20 years old (Luke Skywalker) theme is getting old for me. But a 16 or 18 year old force adept in the beginning is not unreasonable. Also more  areas in Nar Shaddaa to explore... and a working and non buggy Jekk Jekk tar bar.

So we just simply have to start as a kid...and thats fine with me :lol:

something like that...instead of Fable-style "rapid aging" I would say multiple backstories would accomplish the same thing.

basically, you are conversing with someone about your past and you get the opportunity to say "my parents gave me to the Jedi Order when I was younger...I am currently on a sabbatical to see if I want to continue my training".

That would be the backstory you choose if you want to be a member of the Jedi Order later on.

other things you could say would suggest different faction opportunities. but the Jedi Order (the official one based on Coruscant) will only take you with the right backstory.

I finished Jedi Academy this weekend, again.

How hard would it be to remake this game with a party and RPG elements and call it KOTOR3?

Freedom of movement, real-time combat with special lightsaber moves depending on style and stance, vehicular combat and racing, first person and third person perspectives depending on weapon used.

Wouldn't it be sweet?

I think so. There is alot in the Jedi Knight games that should make their way into KOTOR. I like the idea of real-time combat in KOTOR.

As long as they don't have the "escape from the crushing sardine can" puzzles every 10 mintues (and that is what makes those games twitchy), then I think real-time is fine.

I am playing Jedi Outcast right now. As you may know, there is a "disruptor rifle" with a scope...that is basically a sniper rifle. the longer you hold down the trigger, the more charge it gets....well, a fully-charged disruptor will vaporize any organic target...and lightsabers cannot deflect a disruptor blast.

I want that sort of thing in KOTOR but only for Soldier-classed characters and only if they take the requisite specialization. sniper rifles (REAL sniper rifles) and heavy weapons (REAL heavy weapons) for certain party members would be nice.

Kotor has to have elements of 1 and 2 . It has to have the atmosphere, feeling,and attachement to the characters that 1 had. But the depth and the intelligence of 2.

Kotor 2's faults to me were :

1. Peragus station was too plain and empty. People tend to remember the beginning and end of a game more than the middle, and the beginning was too lonely , the gamer feels secluded and uninvolved. The grey gives a cold feeling and the lack of interaction adds to this, the beginning is not a part of the game i'd like to replay, and is not really memorable.

Also to follow up on the beginning/end thing, most of the fun of kotor 2 was in the middle, so the most memorable bits were at the parts people won't REALLY remember.

2. Initial story was a bit too much like Kotor 1 , guy forgets himself,the force, etc. Some parallels between exile and revan, and a bit of a "yea yea" feeling to the back story.

3. Didn't feel epic, it wasn't really that detailed, it felt short and shallow in some areas particularly in terms of side characters. Story was rushed, not enough time spent in some areas, it felt like everything was happening too fast. The pace didn't really suit the story, should have been a bit slower in some areas and a bit faster in other areas. I understand this isn't so much Obsidian's fault as much as it is Lucasarts' fault.

4. Characters were given a chance to blossom , not enough depth, felt peripheral. I loved Kotor 1 since I felt I had people with me while fighting, I wanted Carth and Bastila in my group, I wanted to know more about them. In Kotor 2 the team mates are more of a means to an end, even Kreia seemed distant and shallow. She is supposed to be somewhat distant I guess but because the other characters weren't really close to me I didn't notice, had the other characters been more explored then Kreia's distance would have been more clear. Less characters would be good, more backstory , less alternation between characters: the game forces you to play with some chars and thats good but if I play with one group for a bit and another for more it gets tedious and I don't really care about one group. Since , again , they are a way to get back to playing my char.

5. Not enough of the main character. For a few parts of the game you're not playing the main char, though it may seem to be a good idea it can be frustrating if you didn't focus on the side chars. It also meant that I sort of rushed through the side adventures with the other chars because I just wanted to get back to my character.

6. There is an element of disillusion I guess. There is no good and bad in Kotor 2, you can do a good thing and lose influence. While its adds to the realism to me it seemed like a punishment. This lack of good and bad adds depth to the story, but may irritate the players who except "another star wars game" that want the game to be black and white alone. I'm not complaining though , I liked that things weren't as simple as they seemed and that the world wasn't monochromatic.

The good things (to name a few):

1. Great story

2. Food for thought. Its not a dumb game, there is alot of levels to it.

3. More involved, things aren't as simple as they appear to be.

I think they should take it the battlefront way like that guy that wanted it to have the hyperspace war. This way you can learn about the true sith in the first part of the game which is about the hyperspace war then the second part is fighting the remnints of the true sith. (This way you know some history about the true sith and what they believe)

Kotor has to have elements of 1 and 2 . It has to have the atmosphere, feeling,and attachement to the characters that 1 had. But the depth and the intelligence of 2.

Kotor 2's faults to me were :

1. Peragus station was too plain and empty. People tend to remember the beginning and end of a game more than the middle, and the beginning was too lonely , the gamer feels secluded and uninvolved. The grey gives a cold feeling and the lack of interaction adds to this, the beginning is not a part of the game i'd like to replay, and is not really memorable.

Also to follow up on the beginning/end thing, most of the fun of kotor 2 was in the middle, so the most memorable bits were at the parts people won't REALLY remember.

2. Initial story was a bit too much like Kotor 1 , guy forgets himself,the force, etc. Some parallels between exile and revan, and a bit of a "yea yea" feeling to the back story.

3. Didn't feel epic, it wasn't really that detailed, it felt short and shallow in some areas particularly in terms of side characters. Story was rushed, not enough time spent in some areas, it felt like everything was happening too fast. The pace didn't really suit the story, should have been a bit slower in some areas and a bit faster in other areas. I understand this isn't so much Obsidian's fault as much as it is Lucasarts' fault.

4. Characters were given a chance to blossom , not enough depth, felt peripheral. I loved Kotor 1 since I felt I had people with me while fighting, I wanted Carth and Bastila in my group, I wanted to know more about them. In Kotor 2 the team mates are more of a means to an end, even Kreia seemed distant and shallow. She is supposed to be somewhat distant I guess but because the other characters weren't really close to me I didn't notice, had the other characters been more explored then Kreia's distance would have been more clear. Less characters would be good, more backstory , less alternation between characters: the game forces you to play with some chars and thats good but if I play with one group for a bit and another for more it gets tedious and I don't really care about one group. Since , again , they are a way to get back to playing my char.

5. Not enough of the main character. For a few parts of the game you're not playing the main char, though it may seem to be a good idea it can be frustrating if you didn't focus on the side chars. It also meant that I sort of rushed through the side adventures with the other chars because I just wanted to get back to my character.

6. There is an element of disillusion I guess. There is no good and bad in Kotor 2, you can do a good thing and lose influence. While its adds to the realism to me it seemed like a punishment. This lack of good and bad adds depth to the story, but may irritate the players who except "another star wars game" that want the game to be black and white alone. I'm not complaining though , I liked that things weren't as simple as they seemed and that the world wasn't monochromatic.

The good things (to name a few):

1. Great story

2. Food for thought. Its not a dumb game, there is alot of levels to it.

3. More involved, things aren't as simple as they appear to be.

some things they also did wrong was the way it ended. I finished it male female light dark and if your light i think its kinda retarted how the jedi masters u save betray u and if your dark then **** they should be dead.