KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

You know, I just love how people forget their are girl gamers out there. Everyone mentions Bastila, but not Carth. Why should just Bastila be able to have a major role in there concerning Revan? Umm, we would like the female version love interests aka Atton and Carth (speaking for the general girl pop.)

You guys are not being really fair in my opinion... say that Bastila should get a major role, but if Bastila gets a major role, Carth should as well. I know Bastila is a Jedi, but still. I would like to finish up my F LS storyline for Revan.

Well for one, Carth isn't a Jedi, so he would have little (if any) impact on the Jedi storyline. I could see him having some use, though, but not as much as Bastila

KOTOR III still needs to have the continuity of the last two games if we are to end this story. 

Since the

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest The Architect

There are two major things in K3 that I want and if there in there, I'll be happy. Number one is I hope you get to choose the alignments, genders and appearences of Revan and the Exile, it would suck really badly if you couldn't and number two is I want to go a new main character in K3.

I think Revan and the Exile should appear about 2/3's into the game. What I'd do is kill off your new K3 main character about 2/3's into the game. I'd make it that if your new K3 main character's alignent opposes the Exile's then the Exile will kill you in a battle where you'd take control of the Exile to kill your K3 main character. If your alignment is the same as the Exile's, then the Dark Lord of the Ancient Sith Empire would kill your K3 main character in an awesome movie scene. Then you'd take control of the Exile.

Now, when your the Exile, if the Exile's alignment opposes Revan's, then Revan will kill the Exile in a battle scene where you'd take control of Revan to kill the Exile, if not, then the Exile too will be killed by the Dark Lord of the Ancient Sith Empire in an another awesome movie scene.

Then, towards the end of the game, for about the last two hours, you'd go Revan and kill the Dark Lord of the Ancient Sith Empire. How does that sound?

Edited by The Architect

this game will presumably be on all 3 next gen platforms (360, PS3, PC) so it will, undoubtetly, bring in lots of newbies to the franchise.

partly for this reason, I think having Revan and/or the Exile as controllable characters is a bad idea.

I want them to be major, scripted characters (and not shipmates, either) like Kavar and Vrook.

Because of various situational issues, they are not able to fight the antagonist head-on and that is where the PC comes in.

One thing I would like to see is "modes" on a lightsaber - like Darth Maul in Episode 1. What am I talking about? Well, being able to activate a single - or both blades. Just put some button on the interface or something. Having the option to use a double bladed lightsaber as a single bladed one would be more realistic, imo.

Of course... if people started to dual wield those and activated both blades - well, why not? Dual wielding saber staffs. It would look cool, be utterly stupid and incur massive penalties, but who cares? :rolleyes: They should include it.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Guest The Architect

Don't be surprised if Revan and the Exile don't make appearences in K3.

Don't be surprised if Revan and the Exile are not playable characters in K3.

Don't be surprised if Revan and the Exile are both captured and killed by the Ancient Sith Empire.

Don't be surpised if you go a new main character in K3.

Don't be surprised if you do not see Mission, Zaalbar, Jolee or Juhani in K3 (LS Story)

Don't be surprised if Mandalore, HK-47 and T3-M4 are party members in K3.

One thing I would like to see is "modes" on a lightsaber - like Darth Maul in Episode 1. What am I talking about? Well, being able to activate a single - or both blades. Just put some button on the interface or something. Having the option to use a double bladed lightsaber as a single bladed one would be more realistic, imo.

Of course... if people started to dual wield those and activated both blades - well, why not? Dual wielding saber staffs. It would look cool, be utterly stupid and incur massive penalties, but who cares? :p They should include it.

Like Jedi Academy you mean?

this game will presumably be on all 3 next gen platforms (360, PS3, PC) so it will, undoubtetly, bring in lots of newbies to the franchise.

partly for this reason, I think having Revan and/or the Exile as controllable characters is a bad idea.

I want them to be major, scripted characters (and not shipmates, either) like Kavar and Vrook.

Because of various situational issues, they are not able to fight the antagonist head-on and that is where the PC comes in.

:p

I've not actually played Jedi Academy. The thing wouldn't install on my computer for some reason, so I took it back :p Kinda disappointed to be honest.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I've not actually played Jedi Academy. The thing wouldn't install on my computer for some reason, so I took it back :p Kinda disappointed to be honest.

When you get a Double-blade lightsaber, you can light up one blade or both. And take advantage of the moves of both combat styles.

Really, a great game.

There are two major things in K3 that I want and if there in there, I'll be happy. Number one is I hope you get to choose the alignments, genders and appearences of Revan and the Exile, it would suck really badly if you couldn't and number two is I want to go a new main character in K3.

I think Revan and the Exile should appear about 2/3's into the game. What I'd do is kill off your new K3 main character about 2/3's into the game. I'd make it that if your new K3 main character's alignent opposes the Exile's then the Exile will kill you in a battle where you'd take control of the Exile to kill your K3 main character. If your alignment is the same as the Exile's, then the Dark Lord of the Ancient Sith Empire would kill your K3 main character in an awesome movie scene. Then you'd take control of the Exile.

Now, when your the Exile, if the Exile's alignment opposes Revan's, then Revan will kill the Exile in a battle scene where you'd take control of Revan to kill the Exile, if not, then the Exile too will be killed by the Dark Lord of the Ancient Sith Empire in an another awesome movie scene.

Then, towards the end of the game, for about the last two hours, you'd go Revan and kill the Dark Lord of the Ancient Sith Empire. How does that sound?

>_< How does the Exile's alignment being opposed to Revan's add up, when you began your suggestion by saying they should be set by the player? I know I'd set them both to LS male more than half the times I play...

Also, why would your new main character die? No reason for that, I think. It's perfectly possible to have an excellent plot without forcing the player into the shoes of either Revan or Exile. What would be interesting is if you play evil, you get to decide whether Revan, Exile, or the new character gets to become the new Dark Lord of the Sith Empire (which would mean that the other two and Bastila must all be killed).

But in the LS ending, I want Exile, Revan, Bastila and the new character to survive and become the heroes and protectors of the republic.

As for meeting Revan and the Exile, I think my own plot had you meet the Exile about halfway through and Revan about 2/3 through. It should be a victory to meet each of them, so I don't think it should happen at the same time.

Finally, you should be able to set not only gender, alignment and appearance of both Revan and the Exile, but also their various jedi classes.

Revan and Exile cannot be playable. Interacted with, barely a "maybe". They are previous chapters in a story that the new PC will be the last chapter of, third Knight of the Old Republic.

Why would you want to play someone else's Revan anyway? It makes no sense. Revan and Exile were different for everyone so chances are very high that however they are built, everyone will be dissapointed, except for whoever built them, canon or not.

The only instance in which they could be playable is if the game would allow character importation. And that will not happen on consoles, it is against certification requirements.

Edited by astr0creep

Revan and Exile cannot be playable. Interacted with, barely a "maybe". They are previous chapters in a story that the new PC will be the last chapter of, third Knight of the Old Republic.

I don't see why having a new main PC precludes the possibility of having Revan and the Exile as playable characters - i.e., companions - late in the game... Sorry, but I don't. Whatever happens in KotOR3, we need closure to their stories - even K2 constantly had Revan (or at least his ghost) in the background...

Why would you want to play someone else's Revan anyway? It makes no sense. Revan and Exile were different for everyone so chances are very high that however they are built, everyone will be dissapointed, except for whoever built them, canon or not.

That's why I said I wanted their classes to be selected by the player as well as their gender, alignment and appearance - so it will by my Revan and Exile!

I don't see why having a new main PC precludes the possibility of having Revan and the Exile as playable characters - i.e., companions - late in the game... Sorry, but I don't. Whatever happens in KotOR3, we need closure to their stories - even K2 constantly had Revan (or at least his ghost) in the background...

That's why I said I wanted their classes to be selected by the player as well as their gender, alignment and appearance - so it will by my Revan and Exile!

To get closure on Revan and Exile, we don't need them as party members. All we need is someone to tell us what happened to them, just like Kreia tells us what happened to Revan in K2(which could be a lie, she was Sith!)

What you want is a toolset in which you can build your perfect Revan and then share him online in places like this forum. Maybe you could request a Revan simulator.

Oooo! The Sims expansion pack #55: SimRevan with a patch for SimExile (w00t)

<_<

There is more opportunities for storytelling with Atris. She could comeback a supermurderous jedi cyborg that can transform into a ship. OooOOooooh!