KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

well how many worlds sould they have?

Well, K1 had seven worlds - Taris, Dantooine, Kashyyyk, Tatooine, Manaan, Korriban and the unknown world of the Rakatans, while Sleheyron was cut.

K2 had eight "worlds" - Peragus, Telos, Dantooine, Nar Shaddaa, Korriban, Onderon, Dxun, and Malachor V, while M4-78 was cut.

I don't think they should have less than in K1, which means at least seven if not more.

i hope they make item quest

like after you complete a mission (particluar ones you gain a holocron telling you of a long lost item) and you have to like the star map gain pieces of the puzzle through side missions until you find the location in which you generally have to fight someone who obtained the item like a bounty hunter or jedi master. along with gaining the item you can gain knowledge of the item through a backstory, plus you can feel more attachment to it by EARNING IT! not getting it off a dead guard.

And about Revan and the Exile. Well, I think that it would be a bit to complicated to have them as party members. I guess they are better suited to be in the game, surely not dead, but take up a major role like we know from:

Yuthura Ban

Master Vandar

The Jedi masters in Kotor II

Something like that.

Good idea?

It's quiet a job to customize them, you know.

Well, as I've said before, the problem with the characters you mention is that they are all likely to be dead. Yuthura was most likely either killed by DS Revan or else redeemed by LS Revan only to then die when Malak bombed Dantooine. Yuthura is a good character, but she is denifitely dead in one ending of K1, which makes a new character more convenient.

Vandar is killed in the DS ending of K1, and even if Revan is set to LS in K2, we learn that he was killed on Katarr when Nihilus attacked... Again, while I like Vandar, it's best to let the dead remain dead.

And naturally the jedi masters of K2 were killed either by Kreia (LS) or the Exile (DS), except possible for Atris, but then she survives only in the extreme happy LS ending of K2...

I ment the level of involvement, not to bring back those characters.

And about Vandar, well, if he is a worthwhile addition to the game I don't see a problem with bringing him back. In Star Wars, if you don't see his body and he is important for Kotor III he is still alive. Here are some idea's

A) When Revan DS: escape pod from republic warship. He is on Unknown world.

B) Katarr; Visas survived. How? Kreia's comment is IMO very weak. Perhaps he is bound to her..... So there is a possibility that another one or 2 survived.

C) Vandar didn't went to Katarr. Just like Atris didn't went to that place

D) About my comment "if you don't see his body he is still alive". How about some kind of "impossible" escape in the book "Champions of the force" when Kyp Durron escaped in a small message cylinder before a black hole sucked him up, he also luckily evaded an explosion of a Death Star, and well, he had a few second to break some of his bones to actually fit him in that cylinder. And of course, the Millenium Falcons sensors easily picked up a 1 meter cylinder in such a large void of space. Now that's an impossible escape.

Master Vandar lives!

The thing with the Exile and Revan is they're not great because they're some really high levelled characters - I mean, yes, that makes them powerful, but that's not *why* they're memorable. (Or it shouldn't be). What sets them apart are their qualities and choices - for example, Revan is/was a great general. A strategist.

The Exile *chose* to turn his back on the force. "No jedi ever made the same choice you did" (I think that's what Kreia said).

That's what makes them special; not because either of them are "level x".

I think everyone would do well to keep that in mind.

Equally, I think K3's PC should have *some* trait which sets him/her apart from the generic "level x" powered character.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

The thing with the Exile and Revan is they're not great because they're some really high levelled characters - I mean, yes, that makes them powerful, but that's not *why* they're memorable. (Or it shouldn't be). What sets them apart are their qualities and choices - for example, Revan is/was a great general. A strategist.

The Exile *chose* to turn his back on the force. "No jedi ever made the same choice you did" (I think that's what Kreia said).

I agree with this. My own suggestion for a K3 plot tried to play very specifically toward these qualities of Revan and the Exile, with Exile using his wound-in-the-force abilities as a "new" Nihilus and Revan sacrificing himself to the DS in a strategic maneuver to stop the true Sith....

My main concern is that I really don't want to see a plot where those characters *again* lose all their power/memories and have to start over. That said, if they are to be groupmembers at one point, I do think their powerlevels may need to be adjusted down slightly to fit with the rest of the group, but they should not appear until the main PC is at least level 15+, and they should both be set to always be higher level than the main PC, I think.

Equally, I think K3's PC should have *some* trait which sets him/her apart from the generic "level x" powered character.

This is agree less with, if it means giving the new PC some special powers, because it again brings us close the mechanic of the "chosen one". That said, I did give the PC an ususual ability in my own plot, but that was just to gain an understanding of what had happened to Revan and Exile and facilitate their eventual redemption.

I agree with this. My own suggestion for a K3 plot tried to play very specifically toward these qualities of Revan and the Exile, with Exile using his wound-in-the-force abilities as a "new" Nihilus and Revan sacrificing himself to the DS in a strategic maneuver to stop the true Sith....

My main concern is that I really don't want to see a plot where those characters *again* lose all their power/memories and have to start over. That said, if they are to be groupmembers at one point, I do think their powerlevels may need to be adjusted down slightly to fit with the rest of the group, but they should not appear until the main PC is at least level 15+, and they should both be set to always be higher level than the main PC, I think.

That I agree with. Well, not Revan sacrificing himself *again*. Once was enough. Revan doesn't need to be a "Jesus" character *twice*. :ermm:

As to some special trait for K3's character, well, it doesn't have to be *that* special. Even if its something like being echani trained - which could be a nice option if they included Handmaiden as a character in K3 - possibly the PC's master? Or Visas's foresight. Just something small, but *shrug*. I do agree its not a good idea to take the route of the "chosen" one [again]. :ph34r:

Haha. Revan could have left K3's PC the holocron from that Korriban tomb you can acquire in K1... "here padawan! Be a lightsabre master!" :D :p:rolleyes:

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Haha. Revan could have left K3's PC the holocron from that Korriban tomb you can acquire in K1... "here padawan! Be a lightsabre master!"  :D  :ermm:  :rolleyes:

You mean, the holocron you can get while 'working' with Lashowe is actually Tulak Hord's holocron?

Well, never thought about that actually

Master Vandar lives!

You mean, the holocron you can get while 'working' with Lashowe is actually Tulak Hord's holocron?

Well, never thought about that actually

It might be. Who knows? But yeah - that's the one.

This is agree less with, if it means giving the new PC some special powers, because it again brings us close the mechanic of the "chosen one". That said, I did give the PC an ususual ability in my own plot, but that was just to gain an understanding of what had happened to Revan and Exile and facilitate their eventual redemption.

I agree as well. I do not think that Revan or the Exile should show up until the second half of the game. Perhaps you will be going around trying to find them. As for whoever dies, I bet it would be Revan as well because he/she is more memorable than the Exile since we played Revan first.

I also hope that I could go in as my third character, knowing everything about myself. How I was raised, where I am now, etc. etc. You know for my third character, I would just kinda like him/her to be just a regular Jedi/Sith. Luke was not anything special, he just got swept up in the midst of things and became an ordinary hero. Sure, he was good at being a Jedi but he was not some renowned person. Not saying I wouldn't mind another important character, or a character that could develop an important trait.

In my opinion, the thing I am most worried about is the storyline. So many people seem to want to hurry up and kill Revan and the Exile. Just because they are great does not mean they deserve to die. I am not saying, "Lets have an happy ending with ponies and a big rainbow!" Just I want an ending to their stories and to the people that stories have connected to them if they perish.

Having the player (as a new character) be able to set the Revan & Exile sex, and alignment, as the story begins in KOTOR III, would add re-playability. You could customize them to how you played them and the storyline would evolve from your input. In KOTORII, while questioning Atton in his cell, you decide if revan was male or femal, and from there on everyone referred to revan as such. But they MUST be included. Too many loose ends. Maybe they struggle for control of the galaxy (LS vs. DS), and you decide who to align yourself with???

I also like the idea of starting as a young pc who stumbles upon his/her powers, then you are trained, and start your journey as a forcewielder, LS or DS. No more amnesia.

I think any new PCs should be non Force Sensitives, and should survive on skill alone

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

And how does a normal person stop a Sith Lord, or any force user for that matter, in combat?

The game is called Knights of the Old Republic for a reason.

The only way it would be possible, would be a crew full of Jedi, but then you are an unimportant nobody who doesn't have anything to do. There would be no reason for those Jedi to travel with you.

I don't know if you've seen Big Trouble iin Little China but one of the reasons its such a good film is because the main character, Kurt Russell doesn't really do much. Its his Chinese sidekick he does the arse kicking.

By that I mean for once I'd like to play a game where the PC isn't the centre of the universe. Of course you're immersed in the action, the plot and party to numerous critical events but you act as more of an observer, kinda like Alyosha in The Brothers Karamazov. Whether or not that would make for good gameplay though is debatable.

I agree. Playing the game as a not force sensitive commoner would be boring!

And I also hope that there will be some balance between the Sith and the Republic (Jedi), like there was in KotOR I. Having the Republic on the verge of collapse in KotOR II was all well and good, but it created a mood I think not everyone liked. Therefore not every planets situation you are travelling to should be in critical condition. The Republic might have abandoned some planets in order to restore the infrastructure in the core worlds and to gain new strength.

I think the current state of the Republic should be fragile, but better off than in Kotor 2. The Restoration Project should be well under way, Telos should be finished, and start off on other war-torn worlds. In my eyes, the Jedi Council should be reforming in Corsucant with Jolee, Handmaiden, and Disciple as the new founding members and not party members.

After all, Handmaiden and Disciple were both destined by Kreia to be a part of the Council anyway. Jolee would be there since ... he's just bad xD.

And I also hope that there will be some balance between the Sith and the Republic (Jedi), like there was in KotOR I. Having the Republic on the verge of collapse in KotOR II was all well and good, but it created a mood I think not everyone liked. Therefore not every planets situation you are travelling to should be in critical condition. The Republic might have abandoned some planets in order to restore the infrastructure in the core worlds and to gain new strength.

i agree i think LA needs to take the hint and give the fans what they are calmoring for... more star wras RPGs so you can play as a non-force sensitive as a main character. but that is not KOTOR, and i think it would be like playing as raiden in MGS 2 (thats not the demand in this game). The theme for K3 needs to be a war, where you fight to retain certain planets others you fight to take, with some on the neutral end with their own internal problems like dantoonie or Nar shardar.

i agree i think LA needs to take the hint and give the fans what they are calmoring for... more star wras RPGs so you can play as a non-force sensitive as a main character. but that is not KOTOR, and i think it would be like playing as raiden in MGS 2 (thats not the demand in this game). The theme for K3 needs to be a war, where you fight to retain certain planets others you fight to take, with some on the neutral end with their own internal problems like dantoonie or Nar shardar.

Use the char as in KOTOR1 with no Force to a point. I used LS male fighter, had 8lvl-s of it and then i gone for Jedi Consular to be a good warrior AND to be a good negotiator....I maxed out my diplomacy (or whats the name of the skill) and the extra hp/feats/BAB was quite handy for me... also used heavy armor together with Force powers, only at the end had i powers worth of changing armor to robe.

I :blink: armored Force users! :ermm:)

IB1OsQq.png

it would be interesting if for example to encourage a ship mate to the force or improve your physical skills you could do a mission without the force. it can be done kinda the way fable did it, through a dialogue with one of the characters you have the opition to make a boost or claim that will allow your force powers to be restricted for one mission or you lose a bounus if you use them.