Well my intrest in NWN2 just tripled =)

Darque

Also bonuses of the same type do not stack, and heavier the armor the lower bonus you get off your Dexterity.

Another negative point to third edition rules. Ruined all the fun of AD&D by throwing in a punch of nit picking rules.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I think it makes good sense. Heavier the armor the more restrictive in one's movement becomes while gives balance for those who are high dext and those who do wear the heavy armor.

Such as a Fighter with a 10 Dex and Full Plate will have a AC of 18.

A Rogue with a 18 Dex and wearing a Chain Shirt will also have an AC of 18.

"Role playing isn't about gaining power and "winning." "

That's up to the individual. Role-playing games are all whatever the players, and DMs make it. Be that dungeon crawling, politicial intrigue, or whaever. All are legit ways to play.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Last campaign as a player I didn't even have class levels. We were using variant rules from Unearthed Arcana in an Arcana Evolved campaign. Everyone started with 1 level in Human (it was a human only campaign world loosely based of the Alpha Centauri computer game). I was the weaponsmith and healer of the group. In the first session we killed a NPC that the DM planned on being a recurring villain but then I accidently raised him from the dead.

None of us got a class level til 2nd level but even then I maxed out my human levels before I became a 3rd level Mage Blade.

Edited by Judge Hades