Lightsaber customization

i'm pretty sure thats just the effects from the improved special moves (power attack i think) did it in the first game (like improved flurry had the purple rings around the hands, power attack your weapon/hands glowed)

are you sure i cant remember hearing anything about that ;) dont mark my words tho, im getting old........well maybe 21 aint that old :p

Yeah, KOTOR 1 had weird weapon effects for various combat feats. Which is kinda weird, because you can't say it's the user's force energy or whatever; not all people using Power Attack can use the Force, but all people using Power Attack have the weird glowy thingie.

Maybe we could have those odd effects be something we can turn off in the options. Shouldn't be too hard to code in. Do I have to e-mail this suggestion to somebody, or what? ;)

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Yeah, KOTOR 1 had weird weapon effects for various combat feats.  Which is kinda weird, because you can't say it's the user's force energy or whatever; not all people using Power Attack can use the Force, but all people using Power Attack have the weird glowy thingie.

Maybe we could have those odd effects be something we can turn off in the options.  Shouldn't be too hard to code in.  Do I have to e-mail this suggestion to somebody, or what?  :)

yeah i always found them things strange, like in fighting games you kick someone and a ball of lightening spontaniously springs from your foot, last time i got the sh*t kicked out of me i didnt see those pretty effects :p but seriously that point wouldnt really bother me to much, plus it might id more development time

[force pursuade] akari you want to release the game next week! :D :p;)

Well the character in these pictures is indeed in postures that suggest some special moves; so it could be some sort of a power attack effect. Besides these are some of the oldest screenshots; maybe the 'Emitter' wasn't even implemented back then?

On the other hand especially in the first shot, the stuff seems to be sprinkling down from the blade; I interpret this as a property of the blade, rather than the character.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I'd think the emitter would control the blade length, or the lens. it makes sense honestly, being able to turn one of your (favorite for whatever reasons) short lightsabers into a longer one, or even having a lightsaber style greatsword? I know it exists in PNP, but I'm not sure how irritating such a thing would be to pull off in a video game.

I don't think the energy cells will be replacable ammo as the even the range weapons in the previous game didn't require any.

Though, now I think of it, thats no reason to suggest that they will not implement and ammo system for ranged this time.

The engery cells, emiter and lenses, are these in addition to the crystals used in the previous game or do they simply replace them as a customisation system?

I'd think the emitter would control the blade length, or the lens. it makes sense honestly, being able to turn one of your (favorite for whatever reasons) short lightsabers into a longer one, or even having a lightsaber style greatsword? I know it exists in PNP, but I'm not sure how irritating such a thing would be to pull off in a video game.

i totally agree logick sense and emitter is something that gives out matter or energy, or i could make the blade thicker his making it more powerful...

• 2 months later...
It would be nice if they had customizable hilts. I know a lot about Computer Hardware but I have no clue for software, isn't it possible to take the models from JA and convert them into whatever file format KotOR uses?

What would be nice is if people wouldn't bump threads that are 2 months old. This is about the 4th thread Kotorfreak has bumped for no reason, and has done so just to add "nice" to the discussion.

Geeze.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)