How about VTM sequel too?

qaz156

"Vampire: Redemption met with failure for being what Neverwinter Nights was but without the extensive technical support and the supportive fanbase."

The reason it didn't have a supportive fnabase (outside of the one or two typical rara types that even the worst games have) is that there wa snothing redeemable about the game at all.

Whether an indidivudal dislikes NWN or not; it obvious had enough people liking it to keep it going strong which, of course, making it worth BIO's time to continue support it.

V:R was just plain old fahsion dreadful, and most people had that assessment of it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guest MacLeodCorp
Since Troika went under, how about Obsidian does Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 for the pc? That game was awesome and I definitely think a lot of the designers at Obsidian would agree that that game was great. I would personally like to see Chris Avellone take a crack at it, since he likes the darker stuff anyway. Also if anyone knows the status of a sequel please let me know. But Obsidian, I would be pleased if you somehow found yourselves doing that project in the near future. IN fact I would be rather excited.

Hehehehe...:-

Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Hehehe... It is a sequal.... Maybe they should do another sequal to 'Vampire the Masquerade'.. Hehehe.... :)

Edited: Spelling

Edited by MacLeodCorp

The fanbase was there. There were definetely several modding groups and projects at the time, but they eventually withered. Online play was also strong for a brief period, then also waned. Much like Neverwinter Nights the main portion of the game was passable but players tried to extend its longevity by using the toolset and playing online.

The lack of a meaningful fanbase was not exclusively due to the main game's low points. Sure, generic and uninspired gameplay helped, but so did the game's attempt to be a varied package, and it having better competition (not necessarily genrewise).

It's biggest problem it was just old fahsion crap. The handful of people that RP is talkiong about just wasn't enough to sutain it for some obvious reason much like the handful of hard workers still trouncing along on TOEE.

But, at least with TOEE i can see why people would like it. I can't say the same for Redemption...

Edited by Volourn

That shouldn't matter much. Afterall, I'm sure they budgeted the game accordingly. Or they didn't, and that's why it bombed..

Afterall, Bio and Atari (anmd Interplay) liekly had no problem putting cahs into it 'cause they likely knew they'd get the sales required to pay for it as long as the game was good.

I would hope the creators of VTM:R did the same. But, apparantly they didn't and hence it's utter embarassment.

Heck, if it wasn't for NWN and its Dm client or VTM:BL no one would likely remember that horrible game at all.

That's how awful it truly was.

Its claim to infamy is its crappiness, it was the first game with a DM cLient, and the first v:tm GAME (iirc).

:)"

Anyways, back on topic, I doubt that Obsidian will make a sequel to BL. Who knows if they will make a Vampire game though.

How did Bloodlines, a Mature rated game sell anyway?

Btw, if it's a story about vampires it could be interesting if the game started in the Renaissance (or any other period), you went into hibernation and you awake in the modern day. Cue transition issues etc (using archaic language to speak etc).

Spreading beauty with my katana.

VTM is dead and VTR sucks... no more vamp games, thanks :blink:

That is wrong on so many levels.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I Like the Idea of multiple eras like in the first (?) game though that may only be because I miss the Cappadocian. It'd be nice if you could customize your appearance in the next one and buy individual pieces of clothes and jewelry to impress all the young ghouls...

I miss Heather...

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

I'd rather they abandon the modern era entirely.

Victorian or Dark Age Vampire would be better :blink:

Those two would be good. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I actually hated the entire vampire thing and the only redeeming factor about Bloodlines' setting is that it was modern times. That alone made it good.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I could be wrong, but I think they r already thinking of making part 2

(if not ALREADY doing it)

If they do it ,then I think they hide it 'couse the bad responses for bloodlines, and all the bugs in it. I think they wanna go sure that never happens again. :-" :thumbsup:

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png