How about VTM sequel too?

qaz156

Bloodlines is alright if you have the patch installed and your computer is pretty high end. Do follow the requirements on the box, that is flawed.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

How can I stop the memory leak?  :)

Errr that nasty flaw. Restart the game if it becomes too much of a problem. :ph34r:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

We'll see how this fairs over in C&C as we seem to have moved toward discussing the game/franchise more than actual ideas/suggestions for Obsidian per se.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Good move Fio.

I wouldn't mind a non-supernatural basis of the Vampire legend, similar to how the Blade movies handles Vampirism but a little more involved. A nice gothic styled cyberpunk setting where you create your character as a normal human being and you can become a vampire or not during the course of play.

I'd like to play this Bloodlines game, but it's not on consoles and I'm not sure my PC can handle it.

I've got 512 ram, 2.6 ghz and plenty of hard drive, but my video card is a lame integrated GeForce something or other. I can run KOTOR (with good frame rate if I turn off a few graphical options) and GTA:SA with minimal slowdown.

Do I stand a chance?

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

We'll see how this fairs over in C&C as we seem to have moved toward discussing the game/franchise more than actual ideas/suggestions for Obsidian per se.

How about I suggest they make the game using the new graphics engine with jumping/ flying added and an improved magic/vamp ability system? And a lot more/better heathers.

Just make it!

Edited by Weiser_Cain

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

A Requiem game sure would be nice. I would also like to see a Mage game but considering how freeform the magic system is it probably wouldn't be feasible in a computer based setting.

Edited by Berserk

After two sequels and PNJ which, it has been hinted, is based on a setting that already exists, I would have thought Obsidian will be ready to try something entirely of their own making. Publishers and funds allowing, of course.

I'd also love to see VtM:B2, but as sequel to the game that sank Troika, aren't developers going to think it's bad luck?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

After two sequels and PNJ which, it has been hinted, is based on a setting that already exists, I would have thought Obsidian will be ready to try something entirely of their own making.  Publishers and funds allowing, of course.

I'd also love to see VtM:B2, but as sequel to the game that sank Troika, aren't developers going to think it's bad luck?

Troika was already leaking pretty good when they finished Bloodlines. All it did was speeding up the process more when people found out that Troika, true to it's traditions, had made a great game but bugged to hell.

I loved Troika's games but they sure delivered badly coded games. One buggy game is one thing but when all your creations are so badly bugged as theirs was it simply wouldn't work.

Yeah, my video card is what I'm worried about. I was told and told and told "Don't buy a computer with a video card integrated into the motherboard, the shared memory is a bad way to game, etc. etc." but what did I do? I listened to my wallet instead of my gamer friends.

BTW, I was wrong about my processor. It's AMD 2600, which is NOT 2.6 ghz, but about 2.1. Why? Hell if I know. And my graphics card is a GeForce 4 integrated with 64 MB shared memory, I believe. Still only 512 MB ram though, but ram's cheap, so I could probably up that to a gig without too much fuss.

The game sounds like a lot of fun, and the story seems cool, so I'd like to play it. I'm not too optimistic though. Why didn't they just make a console port before they went bankrupt so I could play it on my Xbox?

:cue several forum members pontificating on how the computer is the only venue for decent RPGs and consoles are the creative sewer responsible for Madden and Mario Kart: >_<

I likes me some Mario Kart.

As do I, COF. As do I.

Which is why it makes me sad when I see PC commandos (here and elsewhere) bash consoles. What of all the great games of our youth, from the SNES and Genesis? Are they to be simply discarded, like that two week-old milk in the fridge that has started to change forms from a liquid to a solid? I posit that they are not!

But I digress.... let's not make this a(nother) console vs. PC thread.

Edited by Darth Drabek

I likes me some Mario Kart.

Are they to be simply discarded, like that two week-old milk in the fridge that has started to change forms from a liquid to a solid?

Your supposed to throw that away.

Damn.

So thats why I've been feeling a little queasy recently.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.