KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

They don't care. The devs are only concerned with the two projects on their plate at the time being.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I think I did see devs reading these, but somewhere back on the 10 generation they stopped. Nothing weird in that, it's obvious any kind of original or viable ideas were exhausted around the fifth thread.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think it might be 3, as NWN 2 winds down they most probably have another project lined up. I shouldnt have pointed out that possibility.

No way! Could it be

Kotor 3?

:shifty:"

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

It's possible, but I'd prefer a Shadowrun rpg.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'd like an RPG where you are Chuck Norris.

Than you can kick some serious ass. Who needs the force or a lightsaber when you are Chuck Norris.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

I'd like an RPG where you are Chuck Norris.

HA! Now that is an RPG that i would buy.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

out of curiosity, am i the only one that hates how the att points are distributed in the char gen mode i mean when you customize character
What, exactly do you "hate" about it?

While it's not a perfect approximation of the d20 PnP means of determining stats, I think it works fine.

In the d20 PnP, PC stats are determined by rolling 4d6 and discarding the lowest - this works out to an average roll of 12.24, with the majority of rolls being between 11 and 15. The "bell curve" for that system works out to approximately:

3-7: 5.7%

8: 4.8%

9: 7.0%

10: 9.4%

11: 11.4%

12: 12.9% <-median

13: 13.3%

14: 12.3%

15: 10.1%

16: 7.3%

17: 4.1%

18: 1.6%

(I know this adds up to 99.9% - rounding error somewhere)

In KOTOR, you begin with minimum stats of 8, and have 30 points to allocate. Your average score should be 13, if you don't try to "max out" one or more scores. (Point cost for increases at character generation: 8-0, 9-1, 10-2, 11-3, 12-4, 13-5, 14-6, 15-8, 16-10, 17-13, 18-16.)

With a stat increase gained every four levels, 30+ levels gained over the course of the game (increasing VP, To Hit, Armor (for Jedi), and damage (for some classes)), and a ridiculous amount of equipment that increases your stats, your starting stats are not really that significant, except for INT (which determines available skill points).

While I'm sure it's a bit more difficult to complete the lower levels with 8 STR, DEX, and CON, and max points applied to CHA, INT, and WIS - you would also suffer later for maxing out CHA, INT, and WIS.

Unfortunately, especially at higher levels, both K1 and K2 focus almost exclusively on combat - either lightsaber or force-power spamming - so "min-maxing" (AKA "munchkin gaming") is almost encouraged.

The best bet is not to try to figure out "how powerful can I make my character" and to actually ROLE PLAY and decide what type of person would become a Jedi - the strongest, with below average wits? ... the quickest, but with the personality of a wet wookie? ... probably someone who was a little above average in all traits, but did not rely on only one to solve all his problems ...

"Hate" is a strong word ... what, exactly do you "hate" about it, and what would you change?

i find the point distrubution messed up as in, the way it blocks you if you want all of your points in one thing and the way it takes a lot of points to get to 18 and that you can't save the points (ie chose not to use all of your att points if you aren't sure what stuff you want to equip) happy now?

I think that this game should be different form the other ones, because in the other 2 games you started off as a Jedi, or atleast on the good side ...

But in this game I think you should start off as a Sith. Maybe be like fresch from the sith academy or something like that :D ...

I think that would be very appreciated ... because then you can do good acts and become a jedi, or stay evil :D

And I also think that one thing that would be cool would be too have like tattoos and maybe even be another race :D ... But I think Tattoos should be a must!!! :D:D:D

No premade chracters!

Who wants to make their own character when Chuck Norris is available?

how about chuck norris with a lightsaber

huh

huh

huh

huh

well?

Chuck Norris doesn't need a lightsaber, okay? It'd be an insult to him. Darth Vader would have been dead long before Episode VI if Chuck had been able to round-house kick him to the head. Heck, having Chuck Norris as your PC would be unfair.

What the heck have you people done to the thread?

!

No more Chuck Noris!

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

A nice side project would be a Star Wars Action/Rpg, chunky story and the satisfaction of feeling as if you're swinging your very own lightsaber.

Nail the fighting engine and you'd be head and shoulders above every other starwars game ever.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

A nice side project would be a Star Wars Action/Rpg, chunky story and the satisfaction of feeling as if you're swinging your very own lightsaber.

Nail the fighting engine and you'd be head and shoulders above every other starwars game ever.

thats the best plan i have heard all day

next...

If we are talking player reflexes instead of character skill.....NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Then it is not a real RPG any more.

That is why KotOR was so much better then the other SW games that was avilable, it was a real RPG game.

Actually I was pondering a mix of the two, there's no way you could actually deflect blaster bolts so let that be determined by the character stats. I had to finagle my way to success in both games, running out of combat and the like. Does a menu make a RPG? Maybe (for some) but then I said this was an action/rpg. It'd play somewhat similar to Zelda (with the addition of the force). No one seems to think there's anything wrong with that because, well it's Zelda. But it also has a strong story going for it and I see no reason this wouldn't work for a star wars game as well. Look it's fun to swing a sword, a lot more visceral and satisfying than watching the same attack sequence over and over again. This would work and the most important thing in an RPG is the story anyway. Star Wars has always been associated with a lot of action so this seems a natural direction to take the franchise. I

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (