Ive learned a terrible truth...

x1Predator

Good, then maybe you can finally convince people that I'm not Eldar.

I thought I was Eldar's alt ;) .

You are not Eldar's alt or vice versa. The two of you have similarities in your manner of thinking but not the same. Nor do your IPs come even close. Eldar is a little more easily 'flustered' than you. Different people. I had wondered the same when I started reading the two of you's posts so I started paying closer attention.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Lots of people mask their IPs.  I'm not saying -I- do, of course, but there are plenty of utilities out there to do it.

Agreed but I pay particular attention to writing styles. I 'map' personalities. That's actually part of the reason I started the thread on temperment types. It provides a little fun for you guys but also gives me some insight about the members here that I don't know. That is another reason why I know that the two are not the same person. I've mentioned that I've caught mods doing it even. A writing style is hard to mask over the long term and similarities show up.

Am I the only one who finds that a tad bit on the peculiar side? ;)

:D My trade is mostly troubleshooting problems. I look for patterns of behavior in things. I guess I do it with people too. It does help. ;)

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

So, basically, we've all got a writing "style" which can be readily identified despite efforts to conceal it?

An internet form of the card player's "tell"?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

anyone else feel the need to change their IP and mask it form now on?

Already looking into it. ;)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

So, basically, we've all got a writing "style" which can be readily identified despite efforts to conceal it?

Pretty much yes. It's certainly not infallible but it often gives me reason to start looking further if it looks interesting. I've got a couple of alt IPs I'm looking for presently ( just for curiousity's sake ). I had a guy on another board that was doing some writing. From his writing style I could tell that an author that had influenced his life was Harry Harrison ( having read most of his stuff myself ).

I don't have the usual body language here that I can use so I watch writing styles. Gives me something to do when the topics here are...less than exciting. ;)

Ruminations...

Your pretty?

No, but my wife is. Judging by the various relationship threads that've sprung up, an attractive female is all that's required to keep most of the clowns 'round these parts at bay.

Jesus, I crack myself up.

An attractive female is all that's required for me to turn on the shy charms. ;)

- Everlast

Kinda stupid quoting the same quote twice but I'm not known for being too bright ;) .

You guys may have heard about software that measures the time between keystrokes to determine who, out of an entire office, was using a particular terminal, send a questionable e-mail, et cet.

Ruminations...

Kinda stupid quoting the same quote twice but I'm not known for being too bright  ;) .

You guys may have heard about software that measures the time between keystrokes to determine who, out of an entire office, was using a particular terminal, send a questionable e-mail, et cet.

that's good to know, because you could take five extra seconds and vary that with 3 extra seconds and .3 seconds between each keystroke

Lots of people mask their IPs.  I'm not saying -I- do, of course, but there are plenty of utilities out there to do it.

Agreed but I pay particular attention to writing styles. I 'map' personalities. That's actually part of the reason I started the thread on temperment types. It provides a little fun for you guys but also gives me some insight about the members here that I don't know. That is another reason why I know that the two are not the same person. I've mentioned that I've caught mods doing it even. A writing style is hard to mask over the long term and similarities show up.

Silly old man. My writing styles differ depending on what voice is currently residing in my head.

Heya, Fio! If you are female, no worries. For you I could go gay. My husby would be perturbed by that... or maybe not. :thumbsup:

Anyway I guess I didn't read this thread very carefully, because I didn't notice the speculation that Fio and Missy were the same person. I absolutely know that isn't true. But I still say that dragons of either gender are just plain sexy. So there.

The two of you have similarities in your manner of thinking but not the same.

hehe, eldar's also a little more politically to the right of center than commissar. :thumbsup:

not to suggest that eldar is a fanatical right wing evangelical and commissar is a looney left liberal communist, just they are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

who's confusing you two anyway, commissar? certainly not me. hehe...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

hehe, eldar's also a little more politically to the right of center than commissar. :thumbsup:

not to suggest that eldar is a fanatical right wing evangelical and commissar is a looney left liberal communist, just they are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

taks

And your a fascist. :D

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

My my gender issues really are a hot topic ... where may it be in this NHL thread that the Big Green's gender was named and crystallised?

Actually it was a PM I sent to Mkreku in response to your latest addition to our (nearly) spam free on topic thread :thumbsup:"

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

hehe, eldar's also a little more politically to the right of center than commissar. :)

taks

I honestly can't recall, now that you mention it. I just know that it's happened. I want to say kumquatq3, but that doesn't seem right.