Ioini

Which is the best for you?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best for you?

• Handmaiden
    • Disciple

Handmaiden all the way!

1000% !

They should allow you to kill disiple when you meet him soon as he does that fruity curtsy to you! (LS or DS)

Ahem, yes, that was quite naff, and the dialogue for that ("you must be a gentleman" :) ) is totally cringe worthy...but kill? nah.... :) Besides, handmaiden looks soooo manly with 'her' haircut... :p"

Disciple gets no love.

And hey, he has a....unique....smile....

...seriously...I never really used his lab station skill either. A few times I think. Mostly I just liked his lines, voice, and usefullness in a fight, since most of the other npc's had voices/lines that would annoy me after some time.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

He was like a secondary T3/w a lab station and with Jedi powers to me. He was pretty useful, but way to gullible and annoying while fighting.

"You've left me an opening!" - Self Explanitory

"Everyone on my guard!" - Was he trying to be a leader? lol

"Open!" - The way he says it...

The Handmaiden is alright, it's just that she needs to get rid of that non-feminie haircut.

Edited by Ioini

• 1 month later...

Both characters are qutite even, but the Battle Precognoition power you learn from the Handmaiden is far more useful from any special ability of the Disciple.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

The only thing I didn't like about Handmaiden is the short hair. She would have looked good if it was long.

however, it makes sense for her race that she'd have short hair, since they do hand-to-hand combat a lot. but i still agree with everyone about how she needed feminine hair...

Handmaiden. Fine looking and a good romance. Disciple is a pansy mommas boy.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I voted for Handmaiden too.

Not because I particularly dislike the Disciple, but because I find Handmaiden to be a far more interesting character...

Disciple just has a fairly short and not all that interesting backstory, which it takes forever to drag out him. It was like "what, that was it? That's what all the fuss was about?" Handmaiden's backstory is deep and dark, however. She's the daughter of Kae and Yusanis. Her mother was a jedi left for dead on Malachor V - they only ever recovered her robes, which Handmaiden now has. And she's key to the betrayal that pushes Atris over the edge entirely. I love the bit where Kreia goes "Betrayal!" and then the scene cuts to Atris telling the handmaiden sisters that Brianna has betrayed them. And that's all without point to the possibility of just who her mother might be :p" :D

You just don't get a deep plot like that with Disciple

handmaiden pwnzorz noobzorz, and shes echani, disciple is just some republic jerk

EDIT: handmaiden seems to have a more interesting history, but needs lots of infulence if your darkside => she doesnt really seem to like it (thats bad for me)

Edited by Revan_Returns

Woah. Never thought I'd see my topic again. Anyways, I like both, because their really useful. Although Bao-Dur should be a portable work bench...mod idea maybe?

there is a M0D for a portable workbench... :alien:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot