Mods

Gabrielle

Authority is.

I'm not Authority's alt account though

DL

I know, Kaftan is.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

What part of ze sentance do you need be to explain?

Edited by thepixiesrock

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Well... since a mod directed people to post here....

Overall I have zero problems with the moderators.

But I think the "pruning" that one mod in particular does without even telling those who's posts he deletes is very unfair and at times a bit upsetting. Said moderator also seems to enjoy doing it far too much.

When you delete someone's post you should give them a reason directly, or in the thread as to why said deletions occur... otherwise misunderstandings occur.

But I think the "pruning" that one mod in particular does without even telling those who's posts he deletes is very unfair and at times a bit upsetting. Said moderator also seems to enjoy doing it far too much.

When you delete someone's post you should give them a reason directly, or in the thread as to why said deletions occur... otherwise misunderstandings occur.

I agree with this. Sems like when you go to someone who is higher up, nothing gets done.

This is a good thread.

Now's the time for you guys to let us know what you expect of us and what you complaints are. Complaints, comments, whatever, speak your piece.

As modding goes, I prefer to avoid over-doing it. All that usually happens is that people get irritated about being 'controlled'. I also try to handle everything I can through PMs so that no one gets defensive.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

This is a good thread.

Now's the time for you guys to let us know what you expect of us and what you complaints are. Complaints, comments, whatever, speak your piece.

As modding goes, I prefer to avoid over-doing it. All that usually happens is that people get irritated about being 'controlled'. I also try to handle everything I can through PMs so that no one gets defensive.

I think your fairness and wanting to listen to what we have to say is a violation of the rules. The secret moderator rules.

I think your fairness and wanting to listen to what we have to say is a violation of the rules.  The secret moderator rules.

Shhh! Don't rat me out. :lol:

Actually, I think these types of threads once in a while are a good way to clear the air between members and mods. If you guys are happy with what we are doing, it makes our job a whole lot easier. This provides a good chance for feedback.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

If only they didn't keep deleting all my nude picture threads they'd all be cool..

BUT THEY'RE NOT!! BURN IN HELL FOR REMOVING ALL MY NAKED GURLS!!1!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I would imagine that Obsidian would like to be able to sell their games in the future. Getting put on the front of PC Gamer's Magazine due to...ahem...shall we say 'questionable photos' probably wouldn't help their future market. :lol:

Ruminations...

It does seem rather odd to me that so much moderation occurs out here in Off Topic. There certainly are moderators who'll shut a thread down for...you know...going off topic. In one respect I can understand this; when all the little weasels break out the picture spam, a thread's essentially over with. On the other hand, many of the political/social/scientific - know what? I'm just going to say 'serious' - discussions tend to evolve in a way that's consistent with what you'd expect. Those'll still get shut down on a whim, though I've noticed that certain topics tend to get shut down more than others. I'm not suggesting bias, of course...

I have a double standard. I don't much care if threads about anime or Star Wars get shut down, but it does bother me when lively discussions of the sort I mentioned above do. Prune them if you really need to - and I mean more pruning with regards to stuff that clearly doesn't belong in the thread, or simply has nothing to offer; you can check out the CBS Evolution Poll for examples - but by and large, I'd like to see a lot less moderation over in this section.

If only they didn't keep deleting all my nude picture threads they'd all be cool..

BUT THEY'RE NOT!! BURN IN HELL FOR REMOVING ALL MY NAKED GURLS!!1!

Hey, I only removed them from the fora. I kept them on my computer.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I would imagine that Obsidian would like to be able to sell their games in the future. Getting put on the front of PC Gamer's Magazine due to...ahem...shall we say 'questionable photos' probably wouldn't help their future market. :)

There is no such thing as bad publicity :ermm:

And "questionable" photo's on the front cover of PC gamer magazine would be a much better advertisement for Obsidian than KoTOR 2 will ever be :) .