Which Saber Style is better and Why?

Which Saber Style is better and why?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which Saber Style is better and why?

• Single, Dual, Double-Bladed, Who the F**K cares

It makes them worthless, makes them 'property' and not 'possesions' I always pick 1 saber and 'bond' with it :)  :p

Do you know that Vader had four lightsabers? www.thelightsaber.com - everything for our favorite, daily tools.

Not bad that you stick with one but do you upgrade?

I thought Vader had a couple of sabers, but I always assumed at different times because of losing/destroying his last one :huh:

And yes I upgrade ;)

I prefer Master dual wielding feat + long sabre + short sabre.

Cuz you can equip twice as many sabre crystals, and suffer the minimum penalties (for using dual weapons). I don't give a stuff about whether it looks cool or not (which it does IMO), I'm after the optimum options (in my eyes) in creating an uber character.

That's my approach, as well. With the Heart of the Guardian in the long one and the other unique crystal (forget it's name) in the short one, combined with the most damage-inducing crystals, a good strength, and Master Valor, a Guardian can typically kill anything short of Darth Malak in one round.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I prefer Master dual wielding feat + long sabre + short sabre.

Cuz you can equip twice as many sabre crystals, and suffer the minimum penalties (for using dual weapons). I don't give a stuff about whether it looks cool or not (which it does IMO), I'm after the optimum options (in my eyes) in creating an uber character.

That's my approach, as well. With the Heart of the Guardian in the long one and the other unique crystal (forget it's name) in the short one, combined with the most damage-inducing crystals, a good strength, and Master Valor, a Guardian can typically kill anything short of Darth Malak in one round.

I'm thinking of trying a new crystal-less game...

BTW, Ivan, is that footage from BEBOP?

For me, it's a single saber... master Dueling. Master Saber. Master Flurry. Master Speed. Master Valor.

That setup, plus a Mantel of the Force saber twicked out with a... Sigel and the light side stone, I'm able to kill just about anything in one round. two tops. I've taken out them baby rancors in one round on a fairly regular basis. (I used the above skill set with a scoundrel base, and killed EVERYTHING in one force jump. Sneak Attack 4 + force jump+Master Speed is sick...)

When i fought malak this last time, i poped some stems, and had a base attack of 46, with a 20-50something saber damage range... Wiped him like a red headed step child. It was kind of sad how easy he was, considering I took the weaker combat skills (in the option of the vast majority, but not mine. LoL) and set the game to Hard. <_<

I've tried saber staffs and double sabers... but i can't get into the char when i do... can't explain it... maybe it's my OCD. :(

For me, single blade all the way, all the time.

KingSnake.

I prefer the double bladed......................

HOWEVER

in kotor 1 the best to have was: 2 bargain(or barwick.....at least something like that) assault blades with all feates and upgrades, the best choice (most damege and chance to hit)

But how do i get 2 of em?????

simpel: after 2th (or 3th dont remember) go towards the space station with the funny trader, talk to him: about where he gets his things and he will agree to sell them to you (hey this is his better item stock!!!!! with only a few items missing) buy the blade.......then just before going to the star forge go towards him again and you have to send a few guys away go to youre ship and come back now youre attackt (watch it they can be quitte strong) kill them and the shopkeeper allows you to buy better items(again) now you can buy youre 2th blade.......upgrade them....

they are really strong, if you are a fighter class (both jedi and normal) with a lot of stregth and dexterity and the two blade feat with the increase speed force power..........YOU CAN KILL MALAK IN SECONDS B)

hope you like it :lol:

I prefer the double bladed......................

HOWEVER

in kotor 1 the best to have was: 2 bargain(or barwick.....at least something like that) assault blades with all feates and upgrades, the best choice (most damege and chance to hit)

But how do i get 2 of em?????

simpel: after 2th (or 3th dont remember) go towards the space station with the funny trader, talk to him: about where he gets his things and he will agree to sell them to you (hey this is his better item stock!!!!! with only a few items missing) buy the blade.......then just before going to the star forge go towards him again and you have to send a few guys away go to youre ship and come back now youre attackt (watch it they can be quitte strong) kill them and the shopkeeper allows you to buy  better items(again) now you can buy youre 2th blade.......upgrade them....

they are really strong, if you are a fighter class (both jedi and normal) with a lot of stregth and dexterity and the two blade feat with the increase speed force power..........YOU CAN KILL MALAK IN SECONDS B)

hope you like it ;)

Them blades are pretty bad... I know. I buy them for Big Z and candoris. They chop stuff up man, but I think, the LightSaber with the mantel, Upria, and Solarous, are pretty much it as far as Jedi weapons go.

4-30, energy, 6Bab 8BBD, and a 2D6 VrS Dark Side...(standerd saber) And that's base, add in a +2 for lightsaber mastery, you str mode, mine is normally about 8 or so with Force Valor, and you have a

12-38 Vrs Normal mobs, and an unreal 14-50 vrs Dark Side, with a + 6 bab and extra Jedi Defence. Start Adding in stims, and it gets real sick real fast. Like i said eairly, i had a on top of the fact you can use your jedi skills, like force jump and Jedi Defence, stuff you give up with Bargrons blade.

take that 12-38. Lets add Stims... what are the, like a +6 str,(+3 dmg) and +4+4 (bab Dmg)

that's 19-46 or 21-58 DS

Force Jump, is and extra.... +4

23-50

or

25-62 DS

Avg that out to...

~36 vrs Normal Mobs

~43 Vrs DS

With master Speed running... that 3 hits...

SO, a powered up attack with that light saber + speed+jump = ~ 108 Dmg on Avg Vrs Normals.

and nearly 130 Avg vrs the dark side.

That's just a standerd single blade. A saber staff would be monsters.

My fights with Malak are a Joke. I can't miss him if i wanted to. My Defence is hiting 40 easy. My BaB is 45 Plus, and I'm Swing that 19-46 saber at his head 4 times for an avg of 130 points of Damage a round. He hits ME for like, 7. It's hystarical. On Hard. Just shows who's the master and who's the apprentince huh?

No way man, LightSabers all the way.

KingSnake.

I still want rainbow colored lightsaber-nunchucks with built in turbolasers.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

..or maybe one of the sithlords minions could have a lightsaber-rimmed hat, that he could throw at you?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

How about just an uber long saber?

<Realizes that actual physics don't come into play, but if they did...>

Given that it's a massless energy beam that could be waved around easily, why not just have a super long saber (30' or something) and keep the enemies at bay?

Not elegant, but hey - the Macedonians' spears were longer, and it worked out well for them. Triumph of technology, and hell - it makes more sense than the double-blade - who could realistically use that without burning their legs off? Besides, seeing as we're all bent on min/maxing to death, who really cares about elegance?

How about just an uber long saber?

<Realizes that actual physics don't come into play, but if they did...>

Given that it's a massless energy beam that could be waved around easily, why not just have a super long saber (30' or something) and keep the enemies at bay?

Not elegant, but hey - the Macedonians' spears were longer, and it worked out well for them. Triumph of technology, and hell - it makes more sense than the double-blade - who could realistically use that without burning their legs off? Besides, seeing as we're all bent on min/maxing to death, who really cares about elegance?

Well, there are actually sabers like that...it's werid...