Which Saber Style is better and Why?

Which Saber Style is better and why?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which Saber Style is better and why?

• Single, Dual, Double-Bladed, Who the F**K cares

I was loking back throught the posts on this forum and was amazed at how many people reported using 2 long or 2 short sabers...

2 short sabers is a total waste, and you get a penalty for using 2 long sabers.

Don't you people realize that the short saber is specifically designed to be used in the off hand when wielding a regular saber in the right hand?

I was loking back throught the posts on this forum and was amazed at how many people reported using 2 long or 2 short sabers...

Don't you people realize that the short saber is specifically designed to be used in the off hand when wielding a regular saber in the right hand?

Yah, but it's not like the game is too hard...and if people want to do some roleplaying like that, I say go ahead.

The Sabers aren't actually very good compared to the baragwain assault blade once fully upgraded. Two baragwains and master critical strike gives you two attacks at roughly 10-40 damage (with strength 18-20, not hard to do actually with items) and a critical strike of 5-20 :)

With an appropriately min maxed character you can do over 100 damage a round simply.

12-38 Vrs Normal mobs, and an unreal 14-50 vrs Dark Side, with a + 6 bab and extra Jedi Defence. Start Adding in stims, and it gets real sick real fast. Like i said eairly, i had a on top of the fact you can use your jedi skills, like force jump and Jedi Defence, stuff you give up with Bargrons blade.

You forget however that you can't get their criticals down to 5 on a D20, meaning you can do a critical hit with a Baragwain EVERY round for 20-80 damage on anything :) As for force defence, it's basically useless because the blasters are so crap it isn't even worth taking. If blasters were decent it would be worth it, but it isn't much, in fact probably isn't even any, of a loss. Force jump is there depending on if you're a guardian or not and it is more annoying than useful. Most good min/max builds are typically consulars, because the force powers like force wave are so incredibly good with that +4 DC and high wis/cha items (I got my wisdom in one game to over 30!), ESPECIALLY as light side means you won't even *need* a weapon. You can run around naked and kill just about everything, including Malak. But that is just an aside.

Once you add in force valor and the stimulants the baragwains come out on top by a long shot (just as you have done yourself).

I had bastila with the best lightsaber crystals in the game and two lightsabers with the best crystals available and +4 base strength (giving her 15 or 16 I believe). Even with stimulants and force powers on I still outdamaged her by around 40-60 damage a round. It is also easier (and cheaper) to get two fully upgraded baragwain assault blades than two lightsabers with decent crystals (meaning heart of the guardian and the other one, which I forget about because it isn't that great).

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Who cares about effectiveness when the game already is easy as hell?

When dual wielding, it looks much cooler when both sabers have the same length. I used short ones because it made it look like a unique fighting style.

i hate one long one short double bladed is ok, but only if your the only one in teh party using it. ergo, looks stupid if both you ANd batilla are using double bladed staff. I liek beating the game with 1 sabre, becasue overall it was teh most effective. But i might enjoy playign it again with a double bladed.

Long and short looks stupid PERIOD so dotn even try to defend that!

Single blade is effective cool looking and reliable.

As for usign multiple crystals.. WHO CARES you will beat teh game anyway, you might as well pick a style that looks cool, casue they are all effective.

Also double sided is coolest for darkside but is still pretty good for light side.

Do you use the same color crystal in your double bladed as you do in your singel sabre? (directed toawrd all who woudl liek to answer)

As I think has been mentioned, since the game difficulty wasn't too much, I tended to go with the sword configuration that "looked" better, regardless of whether it was the most powerful.

That's one of the reasons I was disappointed in the color of one of those specialty crystals (the yellowish orange one), and even though it was powerful, I was hesitant to use it because it just didn't look appealing to me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The Sabers aren't actually very good compared to the baragwain assault blade once fully upgraded. Two baragwains and master critical strike gives you two attacks at roughly 10-40 damage (with strength 18-20, not hard to do actually with items) and a critical strike of 5-20 :p

With an appropriately min maxed character you can do over 100 damage a round simply.

12-38 Vrs Normal mobs, and an unreal 14-50 vrs Dark Side, with a + 6 bab and extra Jedi Defence. Start Adding in stims, and it gets real sick real fast. Like i said eairly, i had a on top of the fact you can use your jedi skills, like force jump and Jedi Defence, stuff you give up with Bargrons blade.

You forget however that you can't get their criticals down to 5 on a D20, meaning you can do a critical hit with a Baragwain EVERY round for 20-80 damage on anything :) As for force defence, it's basically useless because the blasters are so crap it isn't even worth taking. If blasters were decent it would be worth it, but it isn't much, in fact probably isn't even any, of a loss. Force jump is there depending on if you're a guardian or not and it is more annoying than useful. Most good min/max builds are typically consulars, because the force powers like force wave are so incredibly good with that +4 DC and high wis/cha items (I got my wisdom in one game to over 30!), ESPECIALLY as light side means you won't even *need* a weapon. You can run around naked and kill just about everything, including Malak. But that is just an aside.

Once you add in force valor and the stimulants the baragwains come out on top by a long shot (just as you have done yourself).

I had bastila with the best lightsaber crystals in the game and two lightsabers with the best crystals available and +4 base strength (giving her 15 or 16 I believe). Even with stimulants and force powers on I still outdamaged her by around 40-60 damage a round. It is also easier (and cheaper) to get two fully upgraded baragwain assault blades than two lightsabers with decent crystals (meaning heart of the guardian and the other one, which I forget about because it isn't that great).

I might be wrong. (it happens) But the MAX Crit Range possible is a 11-20, and that's with a keen weapon and Master Critial skill. That's Basically a 50 50 chance for a crit. So with master speed and master crit. you get's 3 shots at massive damage, at 50 / 50 odds. Them ARE great odds, and your right, you'd prolly come away with more more damage.... and in this game, with it being as easy as it is, the - 6 (or 5?) to defence they Master Crit gives you, plus the powers you give up for using a sword... pretty much don't mean crap to you... so i guess your right, Them 2 blades would prolly avg out to more damage then my light saber. (ok no prolly, they would)

That's one thing i didn't like about KoToR. It was to easy, and the penitalies that each Feat carried was pretty much meaning less at the end of the game. And there was no REAL way to make a single blade Jedi SHINE.

I hope this is fixed for the second game.

KingSnake.

• 4 weeks later...

You can say which is best direct, without considering these 2 situations caster or melee.

If my jedi is a caster minded if pick 1handed light saber for the +3to hit/+3 to def from feats, since my main dmg out put would be force powers.

If i were melee if choice dual bladed light saber since it gives same attack amount as dual wield but less penalty, and tactic thou not included it easier to hit open spot than with daul wield since you have easier time turned defense into attacks due to it easy style moves.

this isnt bull since it actaully been mentioned several times in martial art that one of the elite weapons are the staff due to it ability to mold def into attacks and other way around.

But as for Kotor it the one with best dmg output and less penalty to att.

two singles, double crystals and double damage

Not really because a Dual bladed sabers crystal adds to both dmg hits, not only one, so the difference if to look for one is with dual wield you have access to place different crystals in both hands rather than have one same for both as you would with dual bladed saber, but dual bladed you save crystal since you only add into one object rather than 2.

But i personally prefer dual bladed saber, think it also the most skill full weapon in play style, loved it in jedi knight 3 - jedi academy it was really a skill weapon if you mastered it you could beat almost anyone :cool: .

A lightsaberstaff and two-lightsabers are purely only ment for battle, these kind of lightsabers are only good for Sith assassins whos sole task it is to eliminate the Jedi. That is why it suits Darth Maul very well, he had to confront two Jedi, one of them a Jedi master btw. Dart Maul won against Qui Gon because it was pure battle based and he could attack him at two places at a time. Once Maul's sabre was slashed into two peaces he wasn't that powerful anymore.

Two lightsabers is no good at all, you don't have a strong grip on your saberhilts and you can quickly lose your grip on them. Like what happened with Anakin.

Using one lightsaber with both hands you can use your maximum power in attack AND in defense. You can concentrate more on your opponent(s) then on your own lightsabre. Your are more precise. You need less training in the use of the lightsabre and are equally good with it. Less time making your lightsaber, you're better of wasting your time on life-experience and force powers. Your defense is extremely better. And you have better control on saberlocks because of your strong grip.

And you've less change of hitting your friends in a multiple dual (see the game: jedi academy).

So the lightsaberstaff and two-lightsabers are cool as one-time-events,

and the lightsaber is the Jedi's weapon.

PS: the battle between Luke and his father are the best lightsaber duals, not only because of the battle itself, but also because it is between a father and his son. A conflict between father and son is the most sensitive subject in the world.

A lightsaberstaff and two-lightsabers are purely only ment for battle, these kind of lightsabers are only good for Sith assassins whos sole task it is to eliminate the Jedi. That is why it suits Darth Maul very well, he had to confront two Jedi, one of them a Jedi master btw. Dart Maul won against Qui Gon because it was pure battle based and he could attack him at two places at a time. Once Maul's sabre was slashed into two peaces he wasn't that powerful anymore.

Two lightsabers is no good at all, you don't have a strong grip on your saberhilts and you can quickly lose your grip on them. Like what happened with Anakin.

Using one lightsaber with both hands you can use your maximum power in attack AND in defense. You can concentrate more on your opponent(s) then on your own lightsabre. Your are more precise. You need less training in the use of the lightsabre and are equally good with it. Less time making your lightsaber, you're better of wasting your time on life-experience and force powers. Your defense is extremely better. And you have better control on saberlocks because of your strong grip.

And you've less change of hitting your friends in a multiple dual (see the game: jedi academy).

So the lightsaberstaff and two-lightsabers are cool as one-time-events,

and the lightsaber is the Jedi's weapon.

PS: the battle between Luke and his father are the best lightsaber duals, not only because of the battle itself, but also because it is between a father and his son. A conflict between father and son is the most sensitive subject in the world.

In many way you said what i been saying through threat out, and on most area's i agree with you.

But personally i think dual bladed saber is good because you and parry hit in at weak spot and turn attack into defense if you see hits in coming, true you have simular options with dual wield but you have more open spots with dual wield than double bladed sword.

But as i said yearlier in threat naturally if i play melee i prefer dual bladed saber, if i am more caster minded id pick single saber to get access to + to hit and Def bonuses, and pick critical hit skill to still deal decent dmg if it comes to close encounter.

But it all depends on what type of player you are if you aggresive or more defensive minded.

Either you go dualwielding a lightsabre and a short Lightsabre together with Improved critical feat, or you use a double lightsabre with best possible chrystals and power attack for maximum normal damage all the time.

Single lightsabre is only for whimps and my first character that was a scoundrel/councilor. o:)

Either you go dualwielding a lightsabre and a short Lightsabre together with Improved critical feat, or you use a double lightsabre with best possible chrystals and power attack for maximum normal damage all the time.

Single lightsabre is only for whimps and my first character that was a scoundrel/councilor. :rolleyes:

One can wonder why so many have single lightsaber in movies, maybe it because they focus more on force power training but yet you hardly see them use anything aside from lightsaber in movies?

But i guess it the mystery of THE SECRET OF 1HAND LIGHT SABER, lol!!!!!

Single lightsabre is only for whimps and my first character that was a scoundrel/councilor. :rolleyes:

One can wonder why so many have single lightsaber in movies, maybe it because they focus more on force power training but yet you hardly see them use anything aside from lightsaber in movies?

But i guess it the mystery of THE SECRET OF 1HAND LIGHT SABER, lol!!!!!

LOL

try handling one stick,

then two sticks,

then one long stick as staff.

Then you'll see while one stick is better, why Jedi prefer standard lightsabre and why in real life warriors prefered one sword.