Which Saber Style is better and Why?

Which Saber Style is better and why?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which Saber Style is better and why?

• Single, Dual, Double-Bladed, Who the F**K cares

A single saber is more elegant but a double saber is better in fight!  :sorcerer:

Just think in D&D setting single doesnt shine to much if point system made getting 17-18 in stats more easy it might be worth more since you could then choose to put less in str and more in wisdom or Charisma and still get high atr, with single hand feat that way it would shine alot out for casterbased since it would give higher DC.

I ended up being an LS Sentinel with a double-bladed saber, for some reason...I'm not sure how I arrived at that stage.

The main reason to go for a staff/double-bladed saber is because any powerful setup that depends on crystals found in only single instances in the game (i.e. Upari/Solari/Mantle) that could not be duplicated on two sabers, is duplicated on two blades when wielding a double-bladed saber. This is perfect if one seeks to focus on one particular strength or target one particular weakness.

For flexibility, the dual sabers are clearly on top as they allow for great variety. One can assemble two extremely powerful setups and be able to target different opponents with equal effectiveness.

Of course, the traditional single blade looks the most normal, and is also the only type of wielding truly appropriate for any orthodox LS Jedi. The only remotely LS usage of anything other than a single blade in the Star Wars films is Anakin's psychotic rampage in AotC, which can't really be considered as being LS given the nature of his psychology.

I'm looking forward to Obsidian's methods of addressing the whole Jedi thing, since it is apparent from the first game that while the game is sort of easy if one's character is set up properly, a more important issue was making the Jedi/Sith + lightsaber combination as powerful as it should be. As evidenced in most Star Wars myth, it's pretty obvious that Jedi + lightsaber = omgwtfbbqpwn against anything short of another Force-wielder or some sort of colossal piece of war machinery like the Death Star or something ridiculous like that. :)

Promising stuff; I hope the sabers are much improved in that there is more variety and that Obsidian manages to make them stand out the way they are 'supposed' to.

A single saber is more elegant but a double saber is better in fight!  :)

Just think in D&D setting single doesnt shine to much if point system made getting 17-18 in stats more easy it might be worth more since you could then choose to put less in str and more in wisdom or Charisma and still get high atr, with single hand feat that way it would shine alot out for casterbased since it would give higher DC.

When main villian is almost immune to force power in KotOR (noticed that with my first scoundrel/councilor that used a single lightsabre) you then tend to go for just doing a great amount of damage instead. So if you have more trouble defeating Malek with single lightsabre taking up two seams to be the solution.

I don't know how Obsidian intend to handle this, but I hope they will make councilor and sentinel as good for the end fights as guardians dualwielding.

Actually I think all sabers are good!

Well, single saber was bugged i think somehow it missed alot more than any other i had despite they had same ATT, and since i know there arent parry skill in Kotor2 i know that it wasent a factor, but if they were fixed i am sure they are good, aside from missing to possible bug it worked okay.

And id still say double bladed for less penalty and high dmg output general, if you like the critical hit sure then dual wield better since it has 19-20 instead of Double bladeds 20.

And for the double blade comment, the crystals energy it put out into both areas of the blade youll see that if you put a dmg add on it, then youll see it same on both blades.

But double bladed has less amb penalty than dual wield has why it less penalty and more att.

There should be duoblesabers which could be cut in the middle, so that you are having two of them! Like in the movies ( Episode 1). (w00t)

Dont think they work that way, movie was a fake i think it would be hard to make power conduct work that way and split energy, however it would be cool if you could make the weapon into a 2handed sword like in JK3.

This should be possible to move the crystals energy from one place to another, would also allow more honor fighting, if you face alot you have both blade side active, if fighting one you could put blade down to one blade, allowing a fair fight.

Ah...took a second to understand that last post. Yes I think it'd be a great idea to be able to deactivate one blade of the double-bladed sabers. That would turn it into a one-handed style, while still allowing for the defensive advantages of two blades if necessary.

I like two looks better but I this is the first time for me to go with single so i'll see what I think after

One thing youll come to hate about single style is that you where you usually sometimes only need one hit to put down opponent with power strike, you now need 2-3 attacks instead.

But single weapon is decent but prefer dual bladed sabers.

If i saw a dmg bonus single style or casting plusses id probaly go single but +3hit and 3def isnt worth it you get hit just as many times with 3 armor and for hit youll hit almost anything later anyways so i really think plusses are slim compared to using just as many feat as dual wield

For max damage however a DS dual bladed lightsabre with DS mastery lightsabre specialization dominator gloves (+5 strengh) heart of the guardian sigil crystal and one another massive damage crystal and master speed had a max hit of 60 each timer and Malak Hit Points were almost zero (more than 308 hitpoints) in two rounds :devil:

There is hope beyond hope

There should be duoblesabers which could be cut in the middle, so that you are having two of them! Like in the movies ( Episode 1). (w00t)

Dont think they work that way, movie was a fake i think it would be hard to make power conduct work that way and split energy, however it would be cool if you could make the weapon into a 2handed sword like in JK3.

This should be possible to move the crystals energy from one place to another, would also allow more honor fighting, if you face alot you have both blade side active, if fighting one you could put blade down to one blade, allowing a fair fight.

For information: Double sabers are two sabers, fixed in the middle! :thumbsup:

For information: Double sabers are two sabers, fixed in the middle! :(

My point is within lightsaber you have some crystals and a powerconduct to which on and off, the saber, if you divide weapon by splitting it in 2 you need a power conduct in both blade ends, and even then it would be weaker than a normal single lightsaber since you have to split the crystals inside since you cant have the same 2 crystals in both seperated blade ends.

If you turned a Doublebladed into a single blade like JK3 that would be possible to move the energy direction, but splitting it would divide the crystals within between the 2 blades and make effect less than 2 saber wield.

But if you wanna go dual wield why not just take 2 saber instead of splitting Dual bladed into 2 sabers.

For information: Double sabers are two sabers, fixed in the middle! :)

My point is within lightsaber you have some crystals and a powerconduct to which on and off, the saber, if you divide weapon by splitting it in 2 you need a power conduct in both blade ends, and even then it would be weaker than a normal single lightsaber since you have to split the crystals inside since you cant have the same 2 crystals in both seperated blade ends.

If you turned a Doublebladed into a single blade like JK3 that would be possible to move the energy direction, but splitting it would divide the crystals within between the 2 blades and make effect less than 2 saber wield.

But if you wanna go dual wield why not just take 2 saber instead of splitting Dual bladed into 2 sabers.

>_< I have to explain it again: In fact double sabers are two different sabers. Two crystals and two energy origins. But to have a specially saber weapon, some guy had the idea to fix two sabers. :huh:

I prefer the double bladed......................

HOWEVER

in kotor 1 the best to have was: 2 bargain(or barwick.....at least something like that) assault blades with all feates and upgrades, the best choice (most damege and chance to hit)

But how do i get 2 of em?????

simpel: after 2th (or 3th dont remember) go towards the space station with the funny trader, talk to him: about where he gets his things and he will agree to sell them to you (hey this is his better item stock!!!!! with only a few items missing) buy the blade.......then just before going to the star forge go towards him again and you have to send a few guys away go to youre ship and come back now youre attackt (watch it they can be quitte strong) kill them and the shopkeeper allows you to buy  better items(again) now you can buy youre 2th blade.......upgrade them....

they are really strong, if you are a fighter class (both jedi and normal) with a lot of stregth and dexterity and the two blade feat with the increase speed force power..........YOU CAN KILL MALAK IN SECONDS B)

hope you like it ;)

Them blades are pretty bad... I know. I buy them for Big Z and candoris. They chop stuff up man, but I think, the LightSaber with the mantel, Upria, and Solarous, are pretty much it as far as Jedi weapons go.

4-30, energy, 6Bab 8BBD, and a 2D6 VrS Dark Side...(standerd saber) And that's base, add in a +2 for lightsaber mastery, you str mode, mine is normally about 8 or so with Force Valor, and you have a

12-38 Vrs Normal mobs, and an unreal 14-50 vrs Dark Side, with a + 6 bab and extra Jedi Defence. Start Adding in stims, and it gets real sick real fast. Like i said eairly, i had a on top of the fact you can use your jedi skills, like force jump and Jedi Defence, stuff you give up with Bargrons blade.

take that 12-38. Lets add Stims... what are the, like a +6 str,(+3 dmg) and +4+4 (bab Dmg)

that's 19-46 or 21-58 DS

Force Jump, is and extra.... +4

23-50

or

25-62 DS

Avg that out to...

~36 vrs Normal Mobs

~43 Vrs DS

With master Speed running... that 3 hits...

SO, a powered up attack with that light saber + speed+jump = ~ 108 Dmg on Avg Vrs Normals.

and nearly 130 Avg vrs the dark side.

That's just a standerd single blade. A saber staff would be monsters.

My fights with Malak are a Joke. I can't miss him if i wanted to. My Defence is hiting 40 easy. My BaB is 45 Plus, and I'm Swing that 19-46 saber at his head 4 times for an avg of 130 points of Damage a round. He hits ME for like, 7. It's hystarical. On Hard. Just shows who's the master and who's the apprentince huh?

No way man, LightSabers all the way.

KingSnake.

lets just say that when your'e dark with superspeed it rocks, i played the geme aprox6 times but i never found a lightsaber/crystal combination thats better

For information: Double sabers are two sabers, fixed in the middle! ;)

:p I have to explain it again: In fact double sabers are two different sabers. Two crystals and two energy origins. But to have a specially saber weapon, some guy had the idea to fix two sabers. ;)

If i understand you right your saying that dual bladed saber should be 2sabers put together, unlike in kotor where you use 2 crystals for dual blade, while using 4 for dual wield style?

But if it is indeed how i am meant to understand it wouldnt that cause i problem with the dual bladed saber mode since you have to have seperate bonuses on each blade or have same crystals in both of the blades.

What i meant by the above is for Dual bladed you use same crystal amount as in single blade, if you are to divide the blades in 2 you have to divide crystal between the 2 seperated blades, since they would no longer be able to use same power source not being connected together anymore.

I prefer the double bladed......................

HOWEVER

in kotor 1 the best to have was: 2 bargain(or barwick.....at least something like that) assault blades with all feates and upgrades, the best choice (most damege and chance to hit)

But how do i get 2 of em?????

simpel: after 2th (or 3th dont remember) go towards the space station with the funny trader, talk to him: about where he gets his things and he will agree to sell them to you (hey this is his better item stock!!!!! with only a few items missing) buy the blade.......then just before going to the star forge go towards him again and you have to send a few guys away go to youre ship and come back now youre attackt (watch it they can be quitte strong) kill them and the shopkeeper allows you to buy  better items(again) now you can buy youre 2th blade.......upgrade them....

they are really strong, if you are a fighter class (both jedi and normal) with a lot of stregth and dexterity and the two blade feat with the increase speed force power..........YOU CAN KILL MALAK IN SECONDS B)

hope you like it ;)

Them blades are pretty bad... I know. I buy them for Big Z and candoris. They chop stuff up man, but I think, the LightSaber with the mantel, Upria, and Solarous, are pretty much it as far as Jedi weapons go.

4-30, energy, 6Bab 8BBD, and a 2D6 VrS Dark Side...(standerd saber) And that's base, add in a +2 for lightsaber mastery, you str mode, mine is normally about 8 or so with Force Valor, and you have a

12-38 Vrs Normal mobs, and an unreal 14-50 vrs Dark Side, with a + 6 bab and extra Jedi Defence. Start Adding in stims, and it gets real sick real fast. Like i said eairly, i had a on top of the fact you can use your jedi skills, like force jump and Jedi Defence, stuff you give up with Bargrons blade.

take that 12-38. Lets add Stims... what are the, like a +6 str,(+3 dmg) and +4+4 (bab Dmg)

that's 19-46 or 21-58 DS

Force Jump, is and extra.... +4

23-50

or

25-62 DS

Avg that out to...

~36 vrs Normal Mobs

~43 Vrs DS

With master Speed running... that 3 hits...

SO, a powered up attack with that light saber + speed+jump = ~ 108 Dmg on Avg Vrs Normals.

and nearly 130 Avg vrs the dark side.

That's just a standerd single blade. A saber staff would be monsters.

My fights with Malak are a Joke. I can't miss him if i wanted to. My Defence is hiting 40 easy. My BaB is 45 Plus, and I'm Swing that 19-46 saber at his head 4 times for an avg of 130 points of Damage a round. He hits ME for like, 7. It's hystarical. On Hard. Just shows who's the master and who's the apprentince huh?

No way man, LightSabers all the way.

KingSnake.

lets just say that when your'e dark with superspeed it rocks, i played the geme aprox6 times but i never found a lightsaber/crystal combination thats better

Well as i recall lightsaber is more dmg, sure if enemy has energy shields it less dmg, but same goes for regular blades if opponent has dmg reduction against fysical like droids and such often have then you dmg would actually have same - as lightsaber so i dont think one is better than the other.

And a hint Force Break removes energy shields....