KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

For the time being we can discuss about rumours and provide ideas etc. etc. etc. They might as well globally read this forum. Many people doesn't like to play a "chosen one".

Which I don't really agree with, but the best option I have seen so far is to start as a Sith, and maybe you could play as another species. That's a good idea.

If the concept of a chosen one is not exactly possible, then an option of a one that has yet to be chosen might be considered.

Chosen one - choices that have been made in advance (Pre-determined in terms of background and story)

One that has yet to be chosen - choices that remain to be made (Post-determined depending on preference)

Sith'ari, as a concept might be related to being at an advanced level of DS mastery.

Now that I read your post, It reminds me a bit of Tahiri Veila from the New Jedi Order books. She was a 'shaped' Jedi, part Yuuzhan Vong / part Jedi. If something happens to our main character, and the (True) Sith we haven't seen yet, shape a jedi by not simply letting him/her fall to the Dark Side but to let him/her become somehow "one of them". Well, who knows.

IMO, that could work.

I often wonder about those guys.

Of course, there is a reason some of those former Lucasarts people are no longer there. Perhaps they finally figured out the dolts running the show were bringing their product quality down.

Yeah, not that I will run to the shop to buy another one of those other Star Wars games, which are far to much based on the movies.

I, We, I guess are more interested in truely exploring something new, like Kotor.

Master Vandar lives!

Too bad the only thing we know about KotOR III is the "Now that's a GOOD question"-response from the president of Lucasarts >_<

I often wonder about those guys.

Of course, there is a reason some of those former Lucasarts people are no longer there. Perhaps they finally figured out the dolts running the show were bringing their product quality down.

George :-"

For the time being we can discuss about rumours and provide ideas etc. etc. etc. They might as well globally read this forum. Many people doesn't like to play a "chosen one".

Which I don't really agree with, but the best option I have seen so far is to start as a Sith, and maybe you could play as another species. That's a good idea.

Other (serious) idea's are to make the game longer, and to visit more planets. I agree with this idea, allthough they wouldn't likely do this since Lucasarts and whatever other developer (Obsidian / Bioware) wish to sell this game and possibly also make a Kotor IV, off course make you wish to see and play more. We will see.

Then, some people wish to play as a non force user. Not my choice, and as I have pointed out earlier, neither Kotor game forces you to equip a Jedi Robe, Use a Lightsaber and the force. You could play both games equipping blasters / melee weapons, use mines, grenades, stealth etc. etc. etc.. Force Powers / Jedi Robes and lightsabers are only an addition to the game.

Then, there are some, including me who make a storyline proposal. I'll say, keep up the good work and if people say it's no use to do this. Then, well, you can be sure that no one takes notice. You don't think that when you see a job advertisement: No, I wouldn't apply for this because it's no use, do you? Because if you do, you are 100% sure that you don't get the job.

At first i didn't like the idea with starting as a sith but the more you think about it the better it gets... but then i think there could be a way to introduce the main character in a "Gray" fashion so that the PC has the complete control of his/her align. >_<

At first I didn't like the idea with starting as a Sith but, the more one thinks about it, the better it gets ... although I think there might be a way to introduce the main character in a "Grey" fashion so that the PC has the complete control of his/her align.  >_<

This latter concept was discussed and agreed by Those That Know Best as the best scenario to proceed with; in fact, we agreed that the PC might even be one of the under-city dwellers of Taris, that managed to survive the carnage of Malek's atrocity. Also, it is not necessary for the character to be cognizent of their latent Force Sensitivity, and therefore be open to all forms of Force: this might be a better vehicle for the "transform the Jedi Code" leitmotif.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This latter concept was discussed and agreed by Those That Know Best as the best scenario to proceed with; in fact, we agreed that the PC might even be one of the under-city dwellers of Taris, that managed to survive the carnage of Malek's atrocity. Also, it is not necessary for the character to be cognizent of their latent Force Sensitivity, and therefore be open to all forms of Force: this might be a better vehicle for the "transform the Jedi Code" leitmotif.

who is "we" or "those who know best?

who is "we" or "those who know best?

The ones who aren't alts or part of the simulation.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I want a saberwhip :thumbsup:

And black leatherish armor :)

Preferably powered, like in KotOR 1.

Dominatrix Jedi.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I thought that TSL severly lacked an abundance of crates.  Damn Lucasarts and their rushed release!  They deprived us of more crates!  :thumbsup:

Crates full of worthless loot or loot that you already have thanks to the random generator.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Munchkin is slang for a ultra powerful character, item or whatever. Something godlike.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Comes from 'THe Wizard of Oz', I think. Munchkins were these creatures who just couldn't stop eating and munching. Gluttony et al.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You start off as a sith recruit.. all going well till the day you attempt to kill your 'master' but fail, your master is to weak to kill you so they outcast you from the sith and thats were the gameplay begins.

NO! even though it is star wars, it has to be sort of believable. no over the top cliches or life changing moments. things has to happen gradually and naturally. you start of as a bad as sith guy who begins to question his own faith, then later stuff happens and he either continues to kick ass or become ms.goody two shoes...

Before this topic gets locked down because they are not really "Kotor 3:Ideas and Suggestion" may I suggest they get rid of things like:

Immunity Belt

Immortality Belt

Gammorean Wargloves

Plasma Projector

Gand Silencer

Geonosian Electro Staff

Lightsaber Phobium Emitters

The items that probably no one is ever using but is in the game only to be sold for a very high price, they are probably collectors items in the Star Wars universe, or to be broken down into a lot of components, so they are very complex too.....

In stead, I guess I forgot to mention that everyone would like to be able to customize their Lightsaber hilts.

O, and another thing that I see would make a fine addition to the game:

Uniforms!

In Kotor II we see the miner uniform, which can be upgraded with Jedi Robe upgrades like the Armorply Plating Mark II and several underlays. But I think it would be all right to have more of these uniforms in Kotor III.

It would for a jedi be quiet smart if you move in these suits in stead of a Jedi robe to not attract notice from the Sith, Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries and other scum.

If you could equip it with Light Armor upgrades, they would make a perfect new suit, don't you think.

I am now thinking about walking around in a flight suit, something like we see the rebels using in the OT.

Master Vandar lives!

^I agree ;).

I've just thought of something i'd like to see in a KotOR3 today, while i was playing K2. I've noticed how there is a huge delay in between each strike that the PC does (e.g between lots of queued up flurries), and i was thinking it would make combat so much more realistic and more creative if the devs were to create a way of keeping the PC moving all the time whilst in combat. So, instead of staying still and being hacked away at by some enemies, the PC is blocking a few of the enemies moves and/or defensively moving about.

I was also thinking it would be good if you were able to use different combinations of attacks together to create huge combo moves (a little like Tekken-type combos), although i do realise all these suggestions would kind of take the turn-based combat out of the game :wub:.

...i was thinking it would make combat so much more realistic and more creative if the devs were to create a way of keeping the PC moving all the time whilst in combat. So, instead of staying still and being hacked away at by some enemies, the PC is blocking a few of the enemies moves and/or defensively moving about.

i agree. more of a choreographed combat (especially with melee) would be nice...of course, this also dovetails into the whole idea of having different animations depending on which lightsaber form you choose.

i agree.  more of a choreographed combat (especially with melee) would be nice...of course, this also dovetails into the whole idea of having different animations depending on which lightsaber form you choose.

I noticed also today, that when you meet up with the masters, and they supposedly teach you a new form, while they are explaining about the new form being taught, they are swinging their lightsabers about in choreographed animations like you mentioned, however, i've never actually noticed this happening when i've got the form activated :ermm:. There is not exactly any space for these moves to be put in effect in K2 anyway, as they only things you do when you are being fired at, is run towards the enemy, and attack them. Also, I always found myself using things like Flurry, Critical Strike(sp?) and Power Attack anyway, and they have their own animations for them as it is. I was thinking that in some way it would be good to be able to combine a couple of these for some "uber-attack" :(.

Phew, rambling on a bit there, dont know if that made much sense!