halo: the movie

Blank

Wow, lots of fanboys coming out of the woodwork. I own both consoles, and each has it's advantages and drawbacks. As for games, PS2 has Ratchet & Clank and Final Fantasy X, Xbox has Halo and Thief 3. Don't ask me to choose.

sig2.gif

I will not even begin to explain how badly the Ps2 is. Wait, yes I will.

>Bad graphics. The only good looking game out for the Ps2 is Resident Evil 4, and the GameCube version looks better.

>No 'groundbreaking' games. Sony doesn't have any games that are exclusive to the Ps2 and are amazing. The X-Box has the Halo franchise, GameCube has Mario. Besides Shadow Of Collosus, which isn't even that great, the Ps2 has nothing.

>Load times are horrible. This one speaks for itself. If you have ever played a game like Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube, it's load times are very short. Then you switch over to the Ps2 and you feel like your waiting an hour to play.

>Controllers are uncomfortable. This one might just be me, as I have big hands. But either way, 4 shoulder buttons is two too many.

I own both an X-Box and a Ps2, so I have played both, but Ps2 was a complete waste of money.

I own a PS2 and a Gamecube. I have played my gamecube 2hours in the past year just for Super Smash Bros. Melee. I have seen the same game on different consoles and I have to say the difference is noticeable. Why do you think Gamecube failed so badly as a console. It didnt sell half of what PS 2 did. No console did.

Worldwide

PlayStation 2 - 69.46 million

Xbox - 13.7 million

GameCube - 13.94 million

Game Boy Advance - 49.42 million

PSone - 99.22 million

Gamecube and x-box were even beat out by gameboy, and nintendo owns that too!

PS2 doesnt have any more exclusive games because x-box and gamecube stole them. Those that did start out on ps2 were trying to reach a larger audience to bring in some more money, so they changed consoles.

Load times vary from game to game and playstation is the nextgen console that started the whole shoulder button thing again after snes. How does the ps2 controller have too many buttons? Have you even seen an x-box controller. They are bigger that the three pronged n64 controllers.

Playstation in general kicks the crap out of Nintendo and x-Box.

Edited by Akhan225

for PS2 you might want to add Red Faction to the list of things that are "ground Breaking"... Destructible evironments are fun.

To say that K2 was an Xbox only game is to scream PC DOESN'T COUNT!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Jade Empire

Kotor  (Dual Platform Development)

Halo  (Backported to PC [it still sucked])

Halo 2

Splinter cell  (Quadruple Platform Development [Quintuple if you want to count the GBA version)

Buffy the Vampire slayer

Oddworld : Munch's Oddysee  (If you're going to include this, please to be mentioning Oddworld : Stranger's Wraith)

Kotor 2  (Dual Platform Development)

Pariah  (Dual Platform Development)

Otogi

Otogi 2

Fish, I thought you weren't a fanboi anymore since you switched over from Evil_Manbeastly_Beast?

I own all three systems and I would personally rate them as so:

X-box

Game Cube

PS2

Sometimes I like to look at my PS2 and wish it was something useful, like a landmine, or a suicide pill, or any other Sony product.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Wasn't this a thread about the Halo movie and not about lame ass arguments regarding consoles that are both, by all rights, completely obsolete in every sense of the word even as I type this?

For god sakes, X360 is just around the corner, and PS3 is just around the block. Give it a rest. Instead, focus your energy on this new, better arena of console-related flaming warfare.

On that note, PC owns all.

Now, abut the Halo movie. I heard mention of AvP 2....did the development team of AvP 2 have anything to do with the movie? As far as I know...No. Bungie is overseeing everything, and I'm pretty sure, as part of the movie deal, nothing they don't want in the movie will get in. I have hopes for this...and will go see it upon its completion...if only to see MC and Elites on the silver screen. That, and I haven't seen a good sci-fi action flick in a while...Serenity aside.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Now, abut the Halo movie.  I heard mention of AvP 2....did the development team of AvP 2 have anything to do with the movie? As far as I know...No. Bungie is overseeing everything, and I'm pretty sure, as part of the movie deal, nothing they don't want in the movie will get in. I have hopes for this...and will go see it upon its completion...if only to see MC and Elites on the silver screen. That, and I haven't seen a good sci-fi action flick in a while...Serenity aside.

did anybody go to the link on my first post???!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

????????????????????????????????????????

???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

??????????????????????????????????????

?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!????????????????????????????????????!

because it doesn't sound like it. if you did, you would see that peter jackson is producing the halo movie. If you don't think his LoTR trilogy is amazingly amazing and good quality, then i pity your misguided mind. I am really glad he is doing this, because it makes me feel more secure that a game and story i really like will be made into what can be expected to be a great movie.

Edited by Blank

Executive Producing is much different then just "Producing" in the film industry. My guess is he'll approve some things, be at some press conferences and then collect a check at the end of things, that is unless he wants to flush his career down the toilet and actually work on the Halo movie

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Apparently he's a big fan of Beyond Good and Evil , maybe he will make that next.

I think the exec thing is just to bring a big name into the picture I dont think Halo will be a particularly good movie unless they make up a lot of stuff and then it wont really be the movie of the game anyway.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Executive Producing is much different then just "Producing" in the film industry. My guess is he'll approve some things, be at some press conferences and then collect a check at the end of things, that is unless he wants to flush his career down the toilet and actually work on the Halo movie

but even if he sat in an armchair and watched tv all day during the making of the movie, he still brings his WETA digital company to the project. I am sure he will at least do something and i am sure that doing something won't flush his already well-established career down the toilet.

Edited by Blank

Apparently he's a big fan of Beyond Good and Evil , maybe he will make that next.

I think the exec thing is just to bring a big name into the picture I dont think Halo will be a particularly good movie unless they make up a lot of stuff and then it wont really be the movie of the game anyway.

Oh man.

Oh man.

If he made a BG&E movie and it was good I would love him forever.

Ancel has stated there will be a sequel as soon as he can convince Ubi to allow him to make it.

He totally has to make a Beyond Good and Evil movie. Seriously. He HAS to.

Also, making The Lord of the Rings is a crapload different from executive producing. He has pretty much nothing to do with the actual production. I mean, geeze, look at all the dreck Steven Spielberg produced executively. Seriously, goddamn.

And games like HALO being made into movies are the reason the words 'adapting video games' gets the same type of reaction as the words 'having sex with your mom' gets from movie makers with dignity.

Jade Empire

Kotor  (Dual Platform Development)

Halo  (Backported to PC [it still sucked])

Halo 2

Splinter cell  (Quadruple Platform Development [Quintuple if you want to count the GBA version)

Buffy the Vampire slayer

Oddworld : Munch's Oddysee  (If you're going to include this, please to be mentioning Oddworld : Stranger's Wraith)

Kotor 2  (Dual Platform Development)

Pariah  (Dual Platform Development)

Otogi

Otogi 2

Fish, I thought you weren't a fanboi anymore since you switched over from your previous profile which shall not mentioned ever again?

Kotor was Xbox exclusive before they decided to port it to the PC.

Halo was ok, but nothing special. Again it was Xbox exclusive.

I wasn't sure if Strangers Wrath was Xbox exclusive. I like MO better anyway.

And sorry about the buffy reference. It was one of my first Box games and i love it.

And i am no fanboi. Im just trying to prove that Xbox is the best console atm.

I don't know why people here are so stubborn. The only reason the PS2 sold so well is because the PS1 was so popular. I was actually seconds away from buying a PS2 until a friend convinced me otherwise.

People on the IGN boards aren't so ignorant. They accept that the Xbox is just better than the PS2.

Ok everyone, im sorry for the derailment.

On-Topic:

We don't know what the Halo movie is going to be like, so atleast wait for some screenshots or a trailer before you start bashing it.

"People on the IGN boards aren't so ignorant. They accept that the Xbox is just better than the PS2."

No, they're just a bunch of teentards. Everyone knows that.

About you being a fanboii, come on; just look at what you're writing.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Kotor was Xbox exclusive before they decided to port it to the PC.

Are you retarded? Look at the release dates:

Xbox: Release Date: Jul 17, 2003

PC: Release Date: Nov 18, 2003

Are you honestly implying they did a full port, tested for all sorts of different PC configurations, got the packaging ready, published it, launched it, etc. etc. etc. in four months, without planning to release it to the PC all along?

No, it was like KotORII, where it was Xbox Exclusive for awhile, so hopefully some people would buy it before it came out on the PC. You know how I know? The site for KotOR was up before the release of the Xbox version, complete with "PC CDROM" doodad at the bottom, next to the Xbox logo.

Hell, I'll bet you that both the KotOR and KotORII boxes still say Xbox Exclusive on them, as well as any other Xbox games that were only released for the PC aside from it.

If you don't stop being such a big silly I'm going to start pulling Evil Manbeastly Beast quotes out of my ass.

I agree with the Xbox being the better system currently. It has better technology and lately it's been the favorite of many developers. But the PS2 is still a strong system and it was the first out of the gate. It dominated early and still dominates sales because of its initial strength.

I love my ps2. I can agree that some games grapics on the x-box are slightly better, but seriously now, the x-box is just a pc thats hooks up to your tv. The graphics thing is all up to the game developers on how far they want to push the games engine.

Edited by Akhan225

I agree with the Xbox being the better system currently.  It has better technology and lately it's been the favorite of many developers.  But the PS2 is still a strong system and it was the first out of the gate.  It dominated early and still dominates sales because of its initial strength.

Depends what you want to play. The Xbox has very few games that interest me which you cant find elsewhere. Thats not true of either the GC or the PS2.

My favourite Xbox game would have to be Crusader. The mix of RTS and close up action, along with the RPG elements make it pretty much unique.

KOTOR etc. Overated simply because they are the only RPGs on the Xbox.

If you doubt the PS2's abilities then take a look at this. Not personaly my cup of tea but you would be hard pressed to find a better looking game :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61436

PS there is an NwN preview too if you go to the main page. Nice little bonus.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Oh god...I hate having a console war all on my lonesome.

CoF: No matter how many errors you can find in my post, my point still stands. Xbox is better than the PS2. gg no re.

And i apologise for my lack of knowledge on Kotors history. =\

If you doubt the PS2's abilities then take a look at this. Not personaly my cup of tea but you would be hard pressed to find a better looking game

I don't know much about SoC. But there are many good looking games on Xbox.

Jade Empire

Ninja Gaiden (Overrated IMO. It was a sucess purely because of the graphics)

Oddworld Munch's Oddysee (Fantastic graphics for a game so old)

Prince of Persia (haven't played the first one)

And many others which im too lazy to think up.

I don't want this console war to continue (mostly because they go absolutely nowhere) so i'll just take this opportunity and have a nice big rant that i've had bottled up for a while:

[rant]

Ninja Gaiden

Sure the graphics are good, but what else does this game have to offer? Absolutely **** all. You wander around a few levels constantly fighting off random attacks that seem to appear from out of nowhere. The story is a classic cliche, and the combat sure is flashy, but offers no variety from the button mashing.

Lets start with the enemies:

IMO the developers seem very sloppy. They expect people to wander around just hacking and slashing their way through an endless wave of enemies. The way they appear just for the sake of it is pretty annoying. Like they've took one look at a map and said ''right, lets have 5 ninja's there, and 2 over here, and lets have 6 more jump out of thin air''.

The story:

Oh my...A lone ninja sets out on a quest for vengence, to seek out and kill the evil overlord who has killed slaughtered his entire vilage, and stolen the pure evil sword from its resting place. The sword has great power, and could bring about the destruction of everything.

*yawn* So original isn't it? I wont post too many spoilers, but the main character meets a beautiful, but deadly woman on his travels. She wears hardly any clothes, and seems to be after the same thing our main character is.

P.S This rant is purely my opinion, and i do not encourage any flaming which may be in response to this post.

[/rant]

CoF: No matter how many errors you can find in my post, my point still stands. Xbox is better than the PS2. gg no re.

:devil: Graphically speaking, yeah, it's superior. In terms of controllers, that's subjective, as is the number of "good" games.

Oh, and the Halo movie should be at least decent.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

:devil: Graphically speaking, yeah, it's superior. In terms of controllers, that's subjective, as is the number of "good" games.

Oh, and the Halo movie should be at least decent.

It is subjective, but the X-Box's controllers were a hell of a lot better. And I never switched to that "S" crap, either. The fact that they're adopting one of those crappy, cramp-inducing Eastern varietals is the reason I won't be purchasing the 360.

Well, that, and I realized that I only used my X-Box to play Madden, NCAA, Fifa, and NHL.

And the wife won't let me.

I still have one of my original controllers for the xbox. I didn't even know about the S controllers. And to be honest, i don't think they're as good as the originals. Why they switched them is beyond my knowledge.

Lonewolf: The graphics are not the only advantage for the xbox.