Alternate Accounts?

Cantousent

What do you think of Alt Accounts?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Alt Accounts?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Maybe...
    • I AM AN ALT!

When I said "Lame" before, I meant that alternate accounts are lame.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

alt accounts is for sissies and cowards.

on a couple rare occasions Gromnir has posted short stories in past using alt accounts... but we always conclude such postings with, "HA! Good Fun!" sure, we wanted folks to give our works a fair read, but we did not hide behind an aka to avoid criticism.

got no respect for those who hide behind alt accounts... none.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion. I don't give online personae as much importance as Gromnir does, which makes the identity of the poster irrelevant to me.

Assuming that posting from an alt is a means of saving another account's "prestige" is almost as funny as it is ridiculous. But then again, people can get real worked up about stuff that goes on here, so perhaps it's not that far-fetched.

I made accounts for very specific purposes: to circumvent the moderation, or that time when I was feeling playful and cloned a few members.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

What the hell, you people? Is it so hard to understand that the motive behind posting as an alt might not be to "save" the original account? As if Eldar needs saving when compared to my other account. Good God! What a bunch of yutzes. Tom fools.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion. I don't give online personae as much importance as Gromnir does, which makes the identity of the poster irrelevant to me.

Assuming that posting from an alt is a means of saving another account's "prestige" is almost as funny as it is ridiculous. But then again, people can get real worked up about stuff that goes on here, so perhaps it's not that far-fetched.

I made accounts for very specific purposes: to circumvent the moderation, or that time when I was feeling playful and cloned a few members.

if you is willing to lie about identity...

*shrug*

is the nature of our occupation that we deals with liars all the time. people even lie to us when telling the truth would be in their best interest. is bizarre. maybe that is why we got such limited tolerance for the petty deceptions of message board liars.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

What the hell, you people?  Is it so hard to understand that the motive behind posting as an alt might not be to "save" the original account?  As if Eldar needs saving when compared to my other account.  Good God!  What a bunch of yutzes.  Tom fools.

then you is saving the other account the embarrassment that is eldar? not see your point.

sissies and cowards.

HA! Good Fun!

if you is willing to lie about identity...

Lie? Well, I guess you could say that we are all lying, as I haven't seen anyone reveal their true identity yet. Some even create weird online personae to conceal their true selves, for whatever reasons. Go figure.

If you don't accept that posting from behind a pseudonym is a valid way of protecting one's RL privacy and you consider it "lying", then you are a liar yourself, by your own definition.

If, on the other hand, you accept it, please explain to me how is one alias more valid than the next and why is it wrong to have more than one.

Also, and instead of going off on a tangent about how many liars you have to deal with on a daily basis, explain how creating an alt account to circumvent an effective ban is an act of cowardice. Pretty please?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

oh come now. is hardly comparable. nowhere has Gromnir lied about his identity... he simply has not given you enough info to track us down in real life

Edited by Gromnir