Alternate Accounts?

Cantousent

What do you think of Alt Accounts?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Alt Accounts?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Maybe...
    • I AM AN ALT!

I can agree with whoever said that getting so immersed so as to having two different personalities and reach 1000+ posts with two different alts borders on mental disturbance.

Not so sure about that it depends on the purpose behind it. This is after all an RPG board of sorts so most people here will have some RPG background and be totally used to playing multiple characters.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Lame.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I can agree with whoever said that getting so immersed so as to having two different personalities and reach 1000+ posts with two different alts borders on mental disturbance.

*phew*

I guess that means I'm safe from any kind of mental disturbance since I'm under a 1000 posts :)"

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

*phew*

I guess that means I'm safe from any kind of mental disturbance since I'm under a 1000 posts :o"

DL

Oh, you're getting there, honey.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Okay, folks using alts to feed their inner Psychoses is probably bad. I mean, using one alt to add a little spice, or perhaps show a bit more restraint, is one thing. Entire threads of two alts arguing with one another just seems downright weird. Of course, that's just me.

...Or is it?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

*phew*

I guess that means I'm safe from any kind of mental disturbance since I'm under a 1000 posts :)"

DL

Oh, you're getting there, honey.

20 posts to go before I'm mentally disturbed... yay! :D

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I have an alt.  Hell, I have two, but only one alt that posts.  Rather than continue to derail the geeky/evil thread, I'll simply make a new thread.  What do you think and why?

If someone doesn't abuse his alternate account, why is it such a bad thing?  If someone misbehaves, won't that become apparent very quickly?

Why would you have an alternate account, for those of you who say yes?

The fact is, alt accounts are a controversial subject on message boards.

I don't understand the question (if there was one at the top of this poll). Are you asking if we, the readers, approve of the general concept of multiple virtual identities for those that need / want them; or are you asking if we have them?

The former is definitively yes and maybe, the latter is no.

It is obviously mandatory to provide anonimity, should it be required, e.g. if a whistleblower were posting in a public arena. It is desirable to allow everyone tha ability of anonimity, if only as chaff to help camouflage those that need it.

I don't have an alt account. As far as you know.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT