Bokishi

Laura Bow: Dagger of Amon Ra

LB2.jpg

laura2-1.jpg

laura2-13.jpg

laura2-4.jpg

dagger_back.jpg

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Battle Chess

>_<

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I just loaded up Jagged Alliance 2 and it still looks pretty good. I also got Xcom to run awhile ago and played through quite a few battles.

I miss the old adventuring days. Those games were all about 20 hours of pure fun, and Sierra and LucasArts released some real gems. There was a detective one also...he went to Mars, and there was something about Martians...anyone remember it? There were three in the series, I believe, and the first one actually had a cool hovercar flight simulator.

Ah, that brings back memories. I didn't even remember Mean Streets, since it was really just a sideways shooter, but I remember loving that game too. Martian Memorandum and Under a Killing Moon were huge games for me. I can't really remember the last two...I think one of them had a lot of video in it. I wonder if that series will ever be revived? Probably not until adventure games resurface.

*edit* After looking at the screenshots, it was Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum that were the memorable games for me. They had the classic SCUMM type setup where you walked around looking at stuff. The sidescroller arcade game was Crime Wave, and I think it came out at the same time.

tie fighter

I'd love to replay that one, but the iMuse system doesn't seem to work under XP (or rather, it doesn't seem to agree with newer sound hardware), and without music, the game just isn't the same. :rolleyes:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

tie fighter

I'd love to replay that one, but the iMuse system doesn't seem to work under XP (or rather, it doesn't seem to agree with newer sound hardware), and without music, the game just isn't the same. :rolleyes:

Not sure about Tie-Fighter, but my X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter runs very nicely on Windows XP (havent tried it with SP2 though), mouse, sound, everything :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

tie fighter

that's the problem with tiefighter and C&C one the sound system can't cope with the newer system... actually that's for any game over about 10 years old.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Diablo...or Starcraft

Wait...scratch that. Wing Commander: Prophecy juuuuust edges those two out by a year.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Hero's Quest 1, Suikoden 1, and Master of Magic

EDIT: Duh... PC game. So ignore Suikoden.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not sure about Tie-Fighter, but my X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter runs very nicely on Windows XP (havent tried it with SP2 though), mouse, sound, everything  :thumbsup:

Yeah, but XvsT music, while nice, is just a CD track. The whole iMuse dynamic music system was so much better, even if the sound quality was lower. :rolleyes:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Not sure about Tie-Fighter, but my X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter runs very nicely on Windows XP (havent tried it with SP2 though), mouse, sound, everything  :)

Yeah, but XvsT music, while nice, is just a CD track. The whole iMuse dynamic music system was so much better, even if the sound quality was lower. :(

You should try to get your mits on the re-mastered Tie Fighter Collector's Edition. It works like a charm under XP. :o

manthing2.jpg

Not sure about Tie-Fighter, but my X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter runs very nicely on Windows XP (havent tried it with SP2 though), mouse, sound, everything  :)

Yeah, but XvsT music, while nice, is just a CD track. The whole iMuse dynamic music system was so much better, even if the sound quality was lower. :(

You should try to get your mits on the re-mastered Tie Fighter Collector's Edition. It works like a charm under XP. :o

I should have been specific, as that is the version I actaully run

Quest For Glory.

Great games, those ones. There are other older ones that I've played recently, but that was more to see if I could make them run at all, rather than to actually play. QFG are about the oldest ones I've got that still regularly make it onto my hard drive.