What's your dirty little secret?

Kaftan Barlast

Commissar, its 1.5 KM in less than 15 minutes, 50 situps, and 50 push ups.

This just can't be right. I easily run 3 kilometers in under 12 minutes. My grandmom could do 50 situps. A lot of people can't do 50 pushups though (unless you don't have to do them all at once).

Edit: Oh right, my secret. I once ended up in a fight when I did my army duty, and I got a 'lucky' shot on this guy who started the fight. My left fist rammed his face dead on (a split second after he had kicked my friend in the face) and we both fell over, he backwards and me forwards on top of him, so I basically slammed his head into the pavement. That effectively ended the fight and we ran back to the army grounds without checking to see if the guy was ok. I still don't know what happened to him, but I broke a bone in my hand.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

This just can't be right. I easily run 3 kilometers in under 12 minutes. My grandmom could do 50 situps. A lot of people can't do 50 pushups though (unless you don't have to do them all at once).

I think it's all three tasks together under 15 minutes. Run then situps and then pushups or maybe in a different order?

No, I believe that's right, julian. I did a lot of training with Army pukes whilst at combined commands. The Navy PT test is geared for a lot of desk jockey types. That's reasonable, as the test verifies a certain minimal standard. For the Navy PT test, I believe the pushups are all two count. As the Jar head will tell you, there is no such animal as a two count push-up.

I once failed a marine PT test because I doubled back to help out one of my fellows who had fallen behind. I can't remember what exactly was wrong with the guy, but he was in bad shape. I came in late on the run component, but the commander, when he heard why, dropped the whole matter.

I've spent time with all sorts of armed service types. The problem is, I'm really a rather whimpy sort of fellow at heart. Once I purged myself of all of my teenage agression, I basically decided the quiet life of the academe was for me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm not the fastest person in the world. I think my best mile was... 5.30? Somewhere around there. That was back when the earth was still cooling.

My dirty little secret is that I met my wife when I was thirteen years old, wed her at 26, and loved her the entire time.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yup. The PT I'm supposed to pass to be accepted into the academy involves running a kilometer in less than 4 minutes. It also involves doing 20 pushups, but you have to do them in a row. I believe those 50 pushups need to be done in some 2 minutes or something, so you could theoretically rest a while.

Not too taxing anyway. :devil:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

We were married in January and found out we were having a kid a week later.  We had planned for a bigger wedding in October, but scrapped the plans due to the pregnancy.

And my face is rather red in that picture.  I don't know why.

ok, you had me cofused

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My dirty little secret is that I met my wife when I was thirteen years old, wed her at 26, and loved her the entire time.

Whoa. That takes lots of patience. Could your wife be older than you by any chance?

4 1/2 years older. She didn't have much interest in me when we first met, but I'm persistent. In fact, nothing works better than separating a girl from the herd and wearing her down. Remember, most women are herd animals. They derive strength from their fellow women. To wear them down, you must corner one on the sly and then your manly charms will do the rest of the work for you.

Obsidian Plays

Edit: Oh right, my secret. I once ended up in a fight when I did my army duty, and I got a 'lucky' shot on this guy who started the fight. My left fist rammed his face dead on (a split second after he had kicked my friend in the face) and we both fell over, he backwards and me forwards on top of him, so I basically slammed his head into the pavement. That effectively ended the fight and we ran back to the army grounds without checking to see if the guy was ok. I still don't know what happened to him, but I broke a bone in my hand.

Tsk tsk tsk, why all the fighting? :devil:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I'm very against abortion, except in some circumstances, such as if the mother's life is in danger.  The way they abort babies in some cases is just awful [like in countries where abortion is illegal]. I've talked to an abortion survivor who was crippled much of her life because her mother attempted to abort her.  In fact, just last year, she was able to jump.

Stem cell research has so much potential to help people, but how to get them is what poses a problem.

That sentence there is precisely why I am not against abortion, per se.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My secret is that I made a horrible error after university and ditched the only woman I have ever loved to pursue my career, and I'd happily throw it all away to get her back.

That's a damn good opening line for you in the conversation with her ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Why is everyone after Jodo? What did he do to get this amount of attention?  :">

Are you jealous? ^_^

Let's see:

-he changed his birth date like 5 times.

-he claimed to have gotten a virus from a harmless link.

I think that's it.

We love you Jodo. :-

You forgot one:

-he thinks he is the soul of wit, but cannot string two emoticons together. This was made evident early in his posting career, when he used to engage in name-calling that merely confirmed his (mental) age.

Another dirty secret is that I did my best to get myself kicked out of the Navy by failing the PT tests on purpose and acted in a irrational manner.  You know saying things like "I want to ram an oil carrier, sir." and randomly screaming at new crew members.

It took me about a year but it worked.

I don't know what is scarier, that it took so long, or that you took so long ...

The captain acted the same way for the most part. :-

... And I bet they promoted him!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Why is everyone after Jodo? What did he do to get this amount of attention?  :">

Are you jealous? ^_^

Let's see:

-he changed his birth date like 5 times.

-he claimed to have gotten a virus from a harmless link.

I think that's it.

We love you Jodo. :-

You forgot one:

-he thinks he is the soul of wit, but cannot string two emoticons together. This was made evident early in his posting career, when he used to engage in name-calling that merely confirmed his (mental) age.

Another dirty secret is that I did my best to get myself kicked out of the Navy by failing the PT tests on purpose and acted in a irrational manner.  You know saying things like "I want to ram an oil carrier, sir." and randomly screaming at new crew members.

It took me about a year but it worked.

I don't know what is scarier, that it took so long, or that you took so long ...

The captain acted the same way for the most part. :(

... And I bet they promoted him!

I didn't call anyone names, but i remember one time where you got made at me because i stopped you from flaming a topic. :-"