Full DS Influence with Bao-Dur

When I played through the game DS, I started gaining influence with Bao-Dur (even though it caused me to gain some LS points). Although I quit playing as a DS character halfway, I noticed that Bao-Dur looked a whole lot different then when I played as LS. His skin looked like it had separated in places revealing black skin underneath. I was wondering if his skin turns red along with the black like Darth Maul.

When I played through the game DS, I started gaining influence with Bao-Dur (even though it caused me to gain some LS points). Although I quit playing as a DS character halfway, I noticed that Bao-Dur looked a whole lot different then when I played as LS. His skin looked like it had separated in places revealing black skin underneath. I was wondering if his skin turns red along with the black like Darth Maul.

yeah, but it doesn't get to the point like darth maul's did.

I thought that it would since Bao-Dur's face was black in the almost exact same places as Darth Maul. It was weird when I first looked at him. I thought it was some sort of glitch since I rarely ever talk to him, especially on DS. I usually only ever talk to Kreia, and Hanharr.

I'm sure there's a mod somewhere that makes a DSBD look like Darth Maul

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...

The only obvious distinction is that Darth Maul wore black robes and Bao-Dur could wear only armour, considering their varying abilities.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I don't get that! Why can Maul wear robes but not Bao?

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

The thing about Bao-Dur is that, regardless of whether you are DS or LS, he will still simply follow you almost regardless of what you do. Almost like Disciple in that sense.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

The devs. couldn't work out the robes and arm effects or something.

Kinda sucks. Should have left his arm normal. :huh:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Actually, the only use of his bionic or laser arm was basically bashing through the force fields in the military base. It was a bit of a drag to have force fhields over the whole base. I would have preferred to use a lightsaber instead, as it had almost the same effect. That lightsaber slashing through force fields is the one thing that I do not regret having in K2 as it was always a possibility even in the SW saga.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Actually, the only use of his bionic or laser arm was basically bashing through the force fields in the military base. It was a bit of a drag to have force fhields over the whole base. I would have preferred to use a lightsaber instead, as it had almost the same effect. That lightsaber slashing through force fields is the one thing that I do not regret having in K2 as it was always a possibility even in the SW saga.

Well, Baor-Dur's arm makes him pretty potent as an unarmed fighter, which is good when you first get him earlier on. Later it becomes less useful, what with better guns and lightsabers, but it's still cool. I just wish that they had made it a solid object, rather than putting the glowy light in the elbow. That way, I think that he could have used the same basic clothing/armor look, but maybe just with an oversized machanical hand taking the place of the glove that is normally shown. Then he might have been able to wear robes. Still, he looks bad-ass in Krath Holy Battle Armor, and he doesn't really suffer too much as a Jedi who can't wear robes, especially since he doesn't get a whole lot of Force powers, as a Guardian.

The one thing that annoyed me about Bao-Dur as a dark sider is that I could never get him to stay that max dark side, even as a Dark Jedi guardian fully under my Sith Lord alignment warp. :lol: Every time I switched to him from a different character, and even sometimes when I talked to him on the Ebon Hawk, he went back to a slightly lighter alignment, with just black on his face. Is that just his natural resistance to the Sith Lord's influnce, as stated in the description, or does he do that for all classes? I never had trouble keeping him max light side.

Actually, with the thing about force fields, there could have been different types of them. Every force field in K2 was essentially purple. If there had been some sort of interactive properties where the basis of ordinary attacks was rendered redundant by the futility of trying to bash through those force fields (say like one of your characters being zapped by the energy of the field or possibly lethality to one of the party characters), then Bao-Dur's powered arm would have merited a much stronger point in shield bashing. They could have even taken it one step further and given Bao Dur's powered arm in combat to knock people back, where monsters like the drexl could have been bashed back by the sheer power of that, so that his abilities were almost a force to be reckoned with (Besides, at its furthest, it was called Gravitonic Strike). The part where the drexl had to bash through the force fields was a bit strange, as I was thinking that the drexl would have fried its claws long before the force field was gone. And the field looked so ordinary. If it was a much stronger field with a higher energy type, and if OE had given it a distinct appearance, maybe light blue, it would have made for a sense of differentation.

Actually, the idea of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan speeding through the laser-powered shields merits just as much credit from the suggestion above and accelerated the game to a level of intensive action. And fighting over the deep pit after having gotten through the force fields makes charging through blindly unwarranted.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

It wouldn't have cared so much about Bao-Dur not being able to wear jedi robes, If they would've at least changed the colour of his arm from light blue to dark red (going DS) that would've at least kept me from remembering that. But couldn't the designers at least have cut off the robe to the shoulder on his arm? It would actually look pretty cool with the arm especially if he was holding a cyan blade ( LS ) or a red lightsabre ( DS with the red arm that they could've used).