patch

This is why I try to fix Pazaak as often as possible - I don't like hearing nothing...(and getting nothing).

Problem is that Star Wars will still sell regardless. Even I admit I would still buy Star Wars games life BattleFront 2.

Leak it! :luck:" (ofcourse then Obsidian would probably never get another project again)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

You're right, it shouldn't be.  The patch has been finished for about the last 2 months.  But I'm assuming Lucasarts' restructuring and moving into their new digs has been the cause for the delay (throw me a bone here LA, I'm trying to give you an excuse for why the delay).  ;)

:lol:

Now you know that the devs don't talk to you, don't you Ghostie. So don't go embarrassing yourself like this ... :p

The only rational explanation is that the patch has been "de-prioritised". As to why this is the case, that is up for debate.

1. It could be that LA just doesn't want to waste any more time, money and effort on a psat project (deminishing their already less-than-projected Return On Investment).
  2. It could be that they are busy developing something in-house, so that the secondary duty of Quality Assuring a patch (which is just as labour intensive as blue-sky development) has to take second place.
  3. It could also be down to complete ineptitude and incompetence.
  4. (I doubt it would be due to outright spite.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It could be that LA just doesn't want to waste any more time, money and effort on a psat project (deminishing their already less-than-projected Return On Investment).

Really? I've never seen any calculation of sales, let alone LucasArts' internal projections. Share! :lol:

It could be that they are busy developing something in-house, so that the secondary duty of Quality Assuring a patch (which is just as labour intensive as blue-sky development) has to take second place.

Mr. Morgan seemed confident it would take a day or so.

It could also be down to complete ineptitude and incompetence.

They probably deleted it and are too embarrassed to say. ;)

I wonder if Obsidian actually secured LucasArts' agreement for this patch before they prepared it. LucasArts had commissioned a bug fix, but maybe Obsidian just tried to bounce the movie/music thing onto them. I'm surprised it's just disappeared, because I thought there was pressure from the composer for the music upgrade, at least. Has anyone contacted him about it?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

There will always be good and bad games, like there are good and bad movies. Because LucasArts has made (and still makes) a lot of SW games, the chance that there will be bad ones is very big.

I only hope that Kotor II hasn't put the works on Kotor III in danger. I'm not saying that Kotor II was a bad game, but with all the history that it has, there were complaints about the game and the support of LA.

I read an interview somewhere of an employee of LA, saying they would make less games, so they could makes better games than a lot of bad games. I've seen that LA has improved the last couple of years(2003-...): Games like Kotor, Battlefront, Republic Commando, Jedi Academy were well received by the gamers and SW fans. Personally, Kotor II may join that list. With games like Empire at War and Battlefront 2, the future seems bright for them. I only hope LA learns from there mistakes, and that Kotor III joins list of good to excellent games too!

It could be that LA just doesn't want to waste any more time, money and effort on a psat project (deminishing their already less-than-projected Return On Investment).

Really? I've never seen any calculation of sales, let alone LucasArts' internal projections. Share! :(

Just plain old deductive reasoning. The first game broke sales records, made history for RPGs, had girls jumping out of cakes, interdimensional beings dropping by for photo-opportunities ...

The second would have been pitched as "like the first, only bigger and better, for less money (because the engine is already built)", and it didn't achieve the same sales and probably cost more to develop than they planned, which equates to less Return on Investment, which means suits are not interested in spending good money after bad. Phrases like "pouring money down the drain" and "cut the losses" are bound to be being bandied about. ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You've got that right. I was looking toward somthing that *would* be bigger and better, but instead, we get somthing that was rushed. I even saw some reviews on Amazon.com that said the first KotOR was better than the second.

They probably deleted it and are too embarrassed to say.

No, it's not deleted. I feel like I would know. There's just this... emptiness where it used to be. :)

However, that is a possibility. :alien:

Guest MacleodCorp
Hi everybody.

Isn't going to be another patch that would give High Definition Movies and High Quality Music? So what happen. I know Obsidian announced that patch when released the firt one (1.0b), saying that was going to take a couple of days to release the Movie/Music patch. So did they lost the patch or something, because I would like to know.

Iv'e heard that 2 month's ago.

That's got to be an resonable explanation for this delay.

Anyone know what happen?

Ask on the Lucasarts forum. They're the one holding up the patch, not Obsidian.

Although I doubt you'll get a response on there. I don't think they bother to even moderate their forums. :huh:

Well! There is a lesson to be learned here, but I don't know what it is!? When it comes to the patch, for KotOR II, I think everything has been said. It is unfortunate that there isn't another available. There is gossip about a Movie and Sound patch, but it is only rumor or specualtion. Even though my source is ObsidianEnt, I can only take their word as rumor or gossip. If Lucas Arts feels like releasing a patch, I believe it will be unadvertised. At the moment, I think they moved onto next generation games and consoles. Since the game came out six months ago, I don't know the turn around for game patches. (I sound like a broken record.) Watching the grass grow doesn't make it grow faster. Complaining doesn't make the system work faster. However, speculation is allways good for the soul...

There is gossip about a Movie and Sound patch, but it is only rumor or specualtion. Even though my source is ObsidianEnt, I can only take their word as rumor or gossip.

Um, it is a fact that OE, who developed the game, have completed a patch for the high-definition movies and high-fidelity sound.

Last time anyone bothered to check, the patch was with LA (presumably for for QA).

OE could be sued for libel if they make stuff like that up.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't like hackers but I wish one of them hacked into Obsidian and copied the patch files - at least then they can't be sued for a deliberate leak :shifty:

I just wonder how long it'll take for talk of this patch to disappear - maybe never (and yes, I guess I have condemned it to never come out)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

You'd think the entire gaming industry goes out of their way just to get him.  ;)

Poor guy, all he wants is a good RPG.  :(

Or at least a finished game that works and gets the proper support from its developer and publsiher. :thumbsup:

KotOR 2 is pretty much the reason why I have decided to get out of computer gaming. It seems that unfinshed buggy and unsupported products plague the PC nowadays and with the X Box getting games I like and the X Box 360 on the horizon I think I am going to limit my gaming funds to console only.

The console version of K2 was also buggy, there's just no possibility of that one being patched.

Of course, for a game that been out.. what.. 6 months, and with no communication since the last patch except for the developer blurb:

"

Actually as previously stated, the music and movies were too big to include in this patch and will be released in a second patch in a few days.

"

The odds of this one ever really being fixed and taken out of "random crash"-land seem... long. I think the fans will finish the restoration project before the actual developers release a decent patch (if ever).